Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319709 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Sony's Smash Bros.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Sony's Smash Bros.  (Read 10984 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »

It seems Penny Arcade agrees with me.

Rapturous
RPGFan Editor

Life is happiness

MyVoiceHurts
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »

This is going to be an awesome title.  A killer app, for sure.  I might have to buy a PS3 now.  Dang.

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

It seems Penny Arcade agrees with me.

And I agree with you.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »

Wow. That is a tremendous ripoff. I'm kind of shocked, but not shocked at the same time considering the PS Move. Regardless, I don't really like Brawl all that much; I still prefer Melee. I know a lot of SSB fans think the same, so maybe Sony is trying to get their foot in the door with a party fighting game of their own? Ok, probably not.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »

Wow. That is a tremendous ripoff. I'm kind of shocked, but not shocked at the same time considering the PS Move. Regardless, I don't really like Brawl all that much; I still prefer Melee. I know a lot of SSB fans think the same, so maybe Sony is trying to get their foot in the door with a party fighting game of their own? Ok, probably not.

It REALLY hinges on their roster at this point. They've got the catalog and so long as they avoid retarded shit like the RIIIIIIIIDGE RACER! car or limit themselves to mostly things that have been released or will be released soon I could get behind this.

At this point I'm on the lookout for entries from things like White Knight Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, or Legend of Dragoon before I'll start deciding on whether to get this or not.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 03:37:39 AM »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/06/playstation-all-stars-evo-reveal-heihachi-and-toro/

Still needs somebody that hasn't had a game in the last two years or will have a game by the end of this year beyond PaRappa (mascot characters that are prevalent only in Japan notwithstanding).

ADMIN EDIT: Due to trojan concerns the URL was switched to a safe one.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:59:24 AM by Eusis » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »

So this is in closed beta right now with six characters.

It's pretty much what you would expect, a decent, but unspectacular, Smash Bros. clone.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »

Did anyone here saw the thread on neogaf of Hideki Kamiya saying the this game was a rip-off in Twitter?

Some people got offended by that but for better or worse he's not wrong. Besides, Kamiya is a cool dude that has contributed and directed a bunch of awesome games.

How can anyone hate him? :p

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »

Did anyone here saw the thread on neogaf of Hideki Kamiya saying the this game was a rip-off in Twitter?

Some people got offended by that but for better or worse he's not wrong. Besides, Kamiya is a cool dude that has contributed and directed a bunch of awesome games.

How can anyone hate him? :p

Well yeah, it is a ripoff with a lineup that's been determined more by what needs the publicity than what was actually meaningful for Sony but if it can get some competition going for Smash Bros. it might just be worth it.

But I'm not here to discuss that, I'm here to post this....http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/13/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-scheduled-for-november-release/

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »

Well yeah, it is a ripoff with a lineup that's been determined more by what needs the publicity than what was actually meaningful for Sony but if it can get some competition going for Smash Bros. it might just be worth it.

It might be. But I still don't get what kind of audience this game is for...
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »

It might be. But I still don't get what kind of audience this game is for...

I suspect that it's going to end up being current gen console warriors looking for another way to say "Sony does what Nintendon't." and grade schoolers looking to put their money where their mouths are by actually being able to pit Kratos against other characters because he's the 'bestest, coolest, and most badass character evar'.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »

does it seem like they are trying to avoid japaneese freindly stuff? i mean i would of expected of wild arms char but theres none. in fact i dont think theres any character from an rpg. pandering to western equivalent of weaboo's?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »

does it seem like they are trying to avoid japaneese freindly stuff? i mean i would of expected of wild arms char but theres none. in fact i dont think theres any character from an rpg. pandering to western equivalent of weaboo's?

Uh, as in Asians who are into everything Western? What?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »

sorry i should of used a better choice of words i meant like westerners that want nothing to do with anything thats asian.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »

:facepalm:

Parappa the Rappa and Sly Cooper are both pretty Japanese. So too is Raiden (and due to various leaks Solid Snake is all but confirmed as well). Norioko (or whatever that chick from Heavenly Sword's name was) has also been all but confirmed. Plus there's Tekken's Heihachi is another that's been all but confirmed.

So yeah, I don't think there's been any significant white-washing going on.

Now if only 90% of the female cast weren't delegated to assist trophy status....(but I guess that can't be helped given that there weren't that many female leads to begin with).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: