Author Topic: Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Artimicia

• View Profile
Re: Valkyria: Azure Revolution
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 02:58:50 AM »
I rather enjoyed the new trailer I saw for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJB5VR-rhZQ

Honestly Wild Arms was one of my fave JRPGs (even over the likes of Chrono, Saga, possibly even FF, etc) so I'm not necessarily perturbed by the change of hands, even though I enjoyed VC1.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »
Oh thank God! I didn't notice that there were still strategy elements in the battle system! I swear, I thought I heard that it was a major genre shift, but it looks great to me. Now I can look forward to this!

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:22 PM »
You didn't think you heard that, they had previously shown off like 20 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay and it didn't have a hint of a trace of a strategy element anywhere in it.  I'm still not convinced there are any.  The gameplay footage in the latest trailer consists of clips that are too brief to get much context for but at best I see them selecting weapons and spells from a menu while paused.

Also, why the fuck are there spells in this game?

It's like they looked at Valkyria Chronicles and said, "Hmm...let's systematically remove everything that was unique or interesting about this game and crap out the most bland, generic JRPG possible but still slap the Valkyria Chronicles label on it to insult the existing fans."

(In case you can't tell I'm really not a fan of what I've seen...)

Der Jermeister

• The Angry Videogame Fur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »
And the chicken littles bitch and moan once more. The original VC games aren't fucking perfect, either, and would benefit from skippable enemy sequences a la Fire Emblem.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:11:01 PM by Der Jermeister »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »
And the chicken littles bitch and moan once more. The original VC games aren't fucking perfect, either, and would benefit from skippable enemy sequences a la Fire Emblem.

That was rather unnecessary...
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »
Also, why the fuck are there spells in this game?

It's like they looked at Valkyria Chronicles and said, "Hmm...let's systematically remove everything that was unique or interesting about this game and crap out the most bland, generic JRPG possible but still slap the Valkyria Chronicles label on it to insult the existing fans."

(In case you can't tell I'm really not a fan of what I've seen...)

There are spells in SRW, just localize as 'Spirit Commands' and handwave achieved.

That said, I'm more surprised that you're surprised at all at Sega can take a look at a good thing and completely miss the point. Additionally, VC was flawed to begin with, and they really haven't figured out just what to do with the setting/gameplay mechanics (and the fact that its still even a thing is nothing short of amazing).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

glassjawsh

• Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:39 PM »
probably still way too easy.  like every other VC title.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »
You didn't think you heard that, they had previously shown off like 20 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay and it didn't have a hint of a trace of a strategy element anywhere in it.  I'm still not convinced there are any.  The gameplay footage in the latest trailer consists of clips that are too brief to get much context for but at best I see them selecting weapons and spells from a menu while paused.

Ah, right, I almost forgot about that. Well, I think I liked what I saw, at least. I'll agree that it feels like it lost some unique-ness, though.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:54 PM »

That was rather unnecessary...

Agreed. Let's tone it down a bit, please.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 04:53:58 PM »
I rather enjoyed the new trailer I saw for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJB5VR-rhZQ

Honestly Wild Arms was one of my fave JRPGs (even over the likes of Chrono, Saga, possibly even FF, etc) so I'm not necessarily perturbed by the change of hands, even though I enjoyed VC1.

I guess props for something a little bit different eh (this usually never works for Sega though)? The battle system looks like it could be fun but they are really going to have to get the AI right.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2016, 11:38:29 PM »
You know I just realized something though is this even going to come west?

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »
Well anyway, hopefully.

I watched more gameplay the other day... it does look good.