Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319078 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki  (Read 6249 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »

Even FC is a heck of a lot bigger than any Tales game...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »

Still, I wouldn't get hopes up too high. There's too many unknown factors at work here, and it does seem likely that if they want to go for a trilogy collection it'll be too late to matter, though maybe with the Third being so much smaller text-wise they could get that out relatively quickly.

You make it sound so easy!  But, iirc, Tom from XSeed said even FC was a major under-taking and it is one of the "smaller" of the latest batch of these super-plot-heavy Kiseki games. 

Really though, the series is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  It's beloved by just about all, but its fan base is only comparable to the amount of effort that needs to go in to get it released it seems.  XSeed was only so happy with how the PSP version did, so right now I think all efforts and hopes for XSeed are going into Steam right now.... which honestly, makes complete sense.

Especially since at the rate they're going, a Vita release of SC will likely arrive on a dead platform, not to mention PS3's life support drying up as the PS4 becomes more and more established.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »

a Vita release of SC will likely arrive on a dead platform

On the one hand I feel like this is being needlessly pessimistic. On the other hand sony doesn't seem to be... acknowledging that the US even exists anymore, what with not releasing a budget-version, non-portable Vita which is ostensibly what people ACTUALLY want, instead of the real Vita, etcetcetc.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:35:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:09 AM »

Admittedly I wouldn't be surprised if skits closed the gulf some between Tales and Trails, though it sounds like the Third has an unorthodox structure, more like Ys Origin or something. If that's the case I wonder if there's even much in the way of NPCs to talk to, I need to go see how text heavy that's supposed to be. The scenario book LOOKS to be smaller than FC's though, so if there's way fewer NPCs to talk to then it may be the most reasonable Trails game to localize. Too bad Zero and Ao seemingly go right back to SC density.

On the one hand I feel like this is being needlessly pessimistic. On the other hand sony doesn't seem to be... acknowledging that the US even exists anymore, what with not releasing a budget-version, non-portable Vita which is ostensibly what people ACTUALLY want, instead of the real Vita, etcetcetc.

I want to wait a few months, but I do think there's a high chance they wanted to focus on the PS3 release first THEN get to Vita stuff. If so we'll probably see something happen early next year. And it may not even be Sony not caring but RETAILERS not caring, they may well be looking at that Vita model and going "no thanks, we can't even sell the ones we have now!"
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »

Well, here's the famous "scenario books" for reference

If Tom said FC was a pain in the ass, I'm not even thinking ANYTHING into Zero/Ao/Sen/Whatever else thereafter.

Maybe, MAAAAAYBE if FC and SC become this major JRPG super-sensation off steam we'll see the third chapter.  Falcom-diehards will say otherwise, but it isn't "necessary" to finish the main game plot... we'll be left with peculiar B-plot cliffhangers though.  And, iirc, it most definitely cuts us off to getting the haps of Zero/Ao.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2013, 02:13:54 AM »

Admittedly I wouldn't be surprised if skits closed the gulf some between Tales and Trails, though it sounds like the Third has an unorthodox structure, more like Ys Origin or something. If that's the case I wonder if there's even much in the way of NPCs to talk to, I need to go see how text heavy that's supposed to be. The scenario book LOOKS to be smaller than FC's though, so if there's way fewer NPCs to talk to then it may be the most reasonable Trails game to localize. Too bad Zero and Ao seemingly go right back to SC density.

Eh, if anything it's the opposite of something like Ys Origin: Shorter main story but lots of sidequests.  And it's only the main scenario that's shorter than FC.  When you include all the side content it's a bigger script (though still not as big as SC).

And Zero and Ao exceed even SC...

I want to wait a few months, but I do think there's a high chance they wanted to focus on the PS3 release first THEN get to Vita stuff. If so we'll probably see something happen early next year. And it may not even be Sony not caring but RETAILERS not caring, they may well be looking at that Vita model and going "no thanks, we can't even sell the ones we have now!"

I assume you meant the PS4 release.

I'm actually a bit confused about this whole side discussion.  Who said anything about a Vita release of SC?  I mean, other than a digital copy of the PSP version, which will run on the Vita.  I'm not aware of any plans for anything else...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:52 AM »

Well, here's the famous "scenario books" for reference

If Tom said FC was a pain in the ass, I'm not even thinking ANYTHING into Zero/Ao/Sen/Whatever else thereafter.

Maybe, MAAAAAYBE if FC and SC become this major JRPG super-sensation off steam we'll see the third chapter.  Falcom-diehards will say otherwise, but it isn't "necessary" to finish the main game plot... we'll be left with peculiar B-plot cliffhangers though.  And, iirc, it most definitely cuts us off to getting the haps of Zero/Ao.

Eh, if anything it's the opposite of something like Ys Origin: Shorter main story but lots of sidequests.  And it's only the main scenario that's shorter than FC.  When you include all the side content it's a bigger script (though still not as big as SC).

And Zero and Ao exceed even SC...

Oof, looking at BOTH the page counts, yeah, they'd pretty much have to go completely crazy with translating Third. I wonder if any of the Falcom diehards were REALLY saying 3 was necessary for 1 and 2, or if it was just necessary for Zero/Ao/Sen/"Sen 2"? I can see fans that don't know better thinking it absolutely has to be a trilogy and not knowing better, whereas those that actually played through the whole series know it's more an integral link between Trails in the Sky and the future non-Nayuta games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:15 PM »

Not to get anyone excited, I certainly don't want to read into it (nor will I because I'll be happy with ANY type of release for this series):  But the official TitS Facebook page from XSeed is using a banner with the official PS3 HD cover artwork.

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrailsInTheSky
Meanwhile, go "like" them because you BELIEVE!!!!!!!!  Believe in KISEKI's!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:24:13 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2014, 05:47:31 AM »

I want to believe.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:11 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/legend-heroes-sen-kiseki-ii-prologue-main-characters-detailed

Some details on the story of Sen 2 and the end of Sen 1. (Warning Spoilers Within.)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: