Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334688 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  South Park: The RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: South Park: The RPG  (Read 6817 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »

Based on the gameplay video it seems it'll have as much comedy as the regular show has. As for gameplay itself I like that the combat is turn based, I just hope the game doesn't end up being too streamlined and you have some freedom to explore and level up.
I gotta say, I was skeptical about it but now I'm actually thinking of picking it up.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »

The game itself looks very boring, but I love the humor.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »

Just got around to watching the most recent 13 minute preview of the games start. I can't believe how appealing this is becoming to me with absolutely no "South Park love" in my bones... It reminds me of a more perverse Earthbound.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »

I really like South Park, despite not watching it much, but I'm not sure if this is a $60 game for me. I'll have to wait and see how long the game actually is. From the looks, it either will be really good, or wear out it's welcome very very fast.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »

I know it's not a $60 game, but for $40 I might have to bite. I still have every episode on DVD so to say I loved the show over the years would be an under statement! Hopefully the game play is fun and not just jokes

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 12:48:35 AM »

I have a sinking feeling if it's released in Korea, it will be censored here as well as Europe.

I'm actually looking forward to this, but am worried about finding a straight English copy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 12:58:07 AM »

I have a sinking feeling if it's released in Korea, it will be censored here as well as Europe.

I'm actually looking forward to this, but am worried about finding a straight English copy.

Apparently, the PC version is uncensored.
Depending if there's region censorship, there's always the possibility of someone gifting you a US key on Steam.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 01:13:00 AM »

watched pewdiepie play the first hour or so on youtube, the game actually looks really funny and I'm surprised it directly references skyrim. Still dunno if it's worth $60 plus lots of releases soon so maybe someday.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 07:53:16 AM »

I've been a big fan of South Party since I was 8, so this is a no brainer for me. Really excited for it.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 02:53:23 PM »

Have it on pre-order. It seems like a lot of the humor revolves around satirizing the conventions and mechanics of  modern RPG's. That's enough for me right there. Then having it written and voiced by two Emmy and Tony award winners puts it further over the top. Plus i really like Obsidian and have confidence in their abilitiy to craft a solid game.

So, with all of those factors considered, how is this not worth a $60 purchase for fans of the series and genre?
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »

How is this not worth a $60 purchase for fans of the series and genre?

2 Abortion Mini-Games and 5 about Anal Probing are more than enough to put this in my 'destroy with extreme prejudice should anyone put the disk near my system' list.

Kinda makes Japan-version Mugen Soul's bathing mechanic look tasteful by comparison.
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »

Yep, but for fans of the series these things would be hilarious. If gross-out satire and Parker and Stone's style of humor ism't your thing, that's cool. This game clearly wasn't designed for you. But for fans of that sort of thing and the show, this is shaping up to be a no-brainer.

Early reviews seem to be quite positive. I'm glad that after all of the delays and such, it seems as though they were able to finally pull their shit together and put out a technically solid product at least.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »

The reviews I read say the game is fun despite being very short (10 hours) and being another buggy Obsidian game. I'll most likely wait for a price drop.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »

The reviews I read say the game is fun despite being very short (10 hours) and being another buggy Obsidian game. I'll most likely wait for a price drop.

A 10-20 hour RPG being purchased by a vast fanbase consisting of a ton of people who probably never play RPGs and trade in all their games at gamestop..... I predict 35.99 within months.

Maybe I'm being optimistic...?

Regardless I would have this bought today because it is tempting and then I realized Atelier comes out next week (already!!). Atelier is day 1 for me, on account of having loved Ayesha/Dusk. South Park can wait.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »

Yeah I'm waiting for a price drop as well. I love the show and this game looks like a lot of fun, but $60 just way too much for something like this IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: