Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  World Cup 2014 (starts June 12, kiddies!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2014 (starts June 12, kiddies!)  (Read 1355 times)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »

Man, that was a brilliant move switching Krul for Cillesson befor penalty kicks.  Krul is taller and he was fresher so he got the crucial saves.  And props to Costa Rica.  That team has been scrappy as he'll and put up one hell of a fighting performance.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

Holy fucking Germany....

Haaa brazillians were crying --- what on earth happened???  I'm worried the team may be strangled in their sleep tonight.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:00:49 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »

That was just humiliating.  Brazil is supposed to be this elite team and they played like grandmas.  EDIT: All I could think of was "damn, there's gonna be some riots!"  Not just sports riots, but riots from the people criticizing Brazil's government for spending umpteen billions of dollars to host World Cup AND Olympics 2016 when that money could have been spent on improving country infrastructure.  I'll bet some of the favelas in Brazil are just as bad as the slums of Mumbai.  Maybe worse in some spots.

So in that regard, I feel for the Brazilians.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:25:36 AM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:15 AM »

Holy fucking Germany....

Haaa brazillians were crying --- what on earth happened???  I'm worried the team may be strangled in their sleep tonight.

I love that
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »

Well, it's Netherlands-Argentina today.  I think THIS one will actually be close. 

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

It probably will be. I wonder what kind of effect Germany winning their match will have on the Dutch team. If Oranje could win this world cup by beating Germany, that'd be absolutely fantastic. But, well, they have to get to the finals first. Will they be more cautious, not wanting to give away even a single chance to score? Our will Argentine simply be an obstacle waiting to be crushed, like the teams in the group phase?

(Meanwhile, I'm feeling really bad for the people of the fair in the next town over. Today is the grand opening and it's usually the most important day of the year for that small town. But today it's rainy and there's the match later this evening. Those poor people are not going to earn even a dime at this rate :( )
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »

Well, it's Argentina-Germany in the World Cup final.  After a deadlocked game, Argentina proved superior in penalty kicking.  They seemed less gassed than the Dutch kickers.

That should be a pretty exciting match, Messi vs. the machine.  

As for the 3rd place match, I think Netherlands will beat Brazil.  But I don't think it'll be the most exciting match since neither team really wants to be in the "losers cup."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:11:13 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:27 PM »

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 03:35:49 AM »

Ugh, Oranje showed me again why I don't have the patience to watch sports. Stupid, clumsy, back and forth... I would have liked to see the Netherlands go on to the finals, but they didn't really deserve a win the way they we're playing.

Rooting for the neighbours now. Go Germany!

As for the losers' match, if I were them I would go all out. I think the host needs a kick in the ass to get its priorities straight. Not even making the top 3 might teach them a lesson.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »

I'm with you there, sister. 

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »

Deutschland won.  The better team prevailed.  Although the ref was an idiot.  The guy who clawed Schweisteiger's eye should have been carded and Germany should have gotten a penalty kick.  And I call bullshit on the call that gave Argentina a penalty kick.  That was a legit tackle. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »

Not with a bang, but a swoosh.

It was a nice goal, and yeah the better team definitely won.  Good on them!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: