Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:42:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Naughty Dog's The Last of Us
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Naughty Dog's The Last of Us  (Read 26433 times)
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:50:18 PM »

So, The Last of Us was teased by Sony a week or so ago. Turns out it's Naughty Dog's new game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk&feature=player_embedded

Very interested to see how this turns out. Thoughts?

I have to say though, I am bit sad that we won't be getting UnKarted.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »

This trailer feels a lot like the one from Dead Island, only difference is that this one is actually good (at least in my opinion anyway).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:10:09 AM »

Fucking Zombie's.... I don't get the fascination.  Sure, maybe a bit of fun the first 64 times.... 

Looks pretty... like to see how it (actually) plays.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:54:12 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »

I'm torn between being excited for a new IP from Naughty Dog and disappointed that it's another friggin zombie game...

It certainly looks great, as you would expect.  But I'm going to have to wait until we hear more about how it plays.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 01:59:59 AM »

I'm torn between being excited for a new IP from Naughty Dog and disappointed that it's another friggin zombie game...
Exactly.

Everyone's apparently getting tired of shooters, but I keep wondering when we're going to get tired of zombies too.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 03:12:01 AM »

Some screenshots and a wallpaper.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:12 AM »

Didn`t like Uncharted because of its on-rails gameplay. Hopefully, this new game is more open-ended and less scripted, because I`m really liking how it looks.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »

I got a "I Am Legend" feel from the trailer, maybe thats what they are going for?
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

That would excite me, and I mean I admit I am a sucker for zombies but if the game also had an emotional story then it would be great IMO. While I found Dead Island to be fun it didn't quite have the emotional appeal I had hoped it would based on the early trailer.

Everything's Eventual
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »

I got a "I Am Legend" feel from the trailer, maybe thats what they are going for?

Exactly what I thought as the trailer showed the city. I like the concept, but I'm more interested by what kind of gameplay structure Naughty Dog will use for this game. Though I'd still get somewhat excited if they stuck with something akin to Uncharted, a game with nonlinear progression or an open world like the Jak games to screw around or take missions in would be a welcomed change of pace.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »

Didn`t like Uncharted because of its on-rails gameplay. Hopefully, this new game is more open-ended and less scripted, because I`m really liking how it looks.
Ha! That's exactly why I love the Uncharted games.

It certainly looks great, as you would expect.  But I'm going to have to wait until we hear more about how it plays.
Like others have said...My thoughts exactly.
I am SO tired of the whole zombie thing. Still, this trailer IS good, and has me intrigued. We'll see.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »

Same lead designer as Enslaved
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »

Despite my initial disappointment that this isn't Uncharted 4, I am nearly salivating at the thought of this game. Beautiful visuals, and presumably engaging action/survival-horror gameplay combined with, hopefully, Naughty Dog's cinematic story-telling and awesome characters? Yes please! I feel like I have a long, agonizing wait ahead of me here....
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »

Looks like yet another zombie apocalypse game. Ah well, if its good then why not. I'm expecting an open(ish) world Uncharted game. Also, the chick reminds me of Ellen Page for some reason.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 07:00:15 PM »

Well, I must admit I'm tired of zombies, too, but seriously, this looks great. Though the main reason why I usually hate most zombie things is that they lack any depth. Games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising are just plain dumb zombie-killing games, and I find them really boring. But Naughty Dog could beat the others by actually bringing something with interesting characters, good design, immersive world and all to the table. A bit like The Walking Dead was actually interesting for the same reasons compared to other zombie movies/series. Seriously, I'm a zombie-hater, too, but this one looks awesome, and I'm actually glad it's not Uncharted 4, I like it when my favorite studios try other things between two things, a bit like Nolan did between the Batman movies. The Prestige and Inception were still high-quality entertainment, and it didn't mean completely stopping the other series.

I have fury!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: