Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 08:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338007 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance  (Read 30019 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »

You're overly sensitive. Those are obviously meant to be facetious. Get over it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »

"revengernance" - Deliberately misspelling the game name.

That's because it's a stupid name that even the biggest fans of the game would mock.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »

You know, I didn't mind substance for the super version of MGS2, and Subsistence was acceptable for MGS3....I guess. But what the fuck is a revengeance? Not even the worst engrish translation would create a mistake like that, what the hell was Konami thinking with a title like that? Should have have just named it Metal Gear Rising, just like that.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 01:30:51 AM »

^Because Metal Gear (Solid) Rising no longer exist after the team in charge of the project had problems developing the game. The meaning behind the Revengeance name is meant to be the "Resurrection" of the original project by taking "Vengeance" over it and making it again in collaboration with another developer, that's why is called Revengeance.

Fans also seem to not know (or they just ignore the fact) that this is not an spin-off like the Metal Gear Acid games for PSP or Metal Gear: Ghost Babel for GameBoy Color. Revengeance takes place in 2018 in the official timeline of the series which is 4 years after the events of MGS4 in 2014.

Is worth mentioning too that the original Rising was going to take place between MGS2 and 4 but over time the game changed a lot but the main idea was always the same; A fluid action game with stealth elements featuring Raiden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 06:08:59 AM »

Blog Post:

Staying True to Metal Gear

Ruminations on Character Design

Source: PlatinumGames Blog
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:12:09 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »

Trailers:

Custom Body
Jack the Ripper (edited by Hideo Kojima)
Boss Battles (Japanese audio)

Western demo available January 22 on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.

Reacting to Blade Mode -- Source: PlatinumGames Blog
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:38:06 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »

Just played the Rising demo on PS3, and I know there are a lot of fans on here (I'm a huge Metal Gear fan myself), but I won't be picking this game up.  Maybe I'm just not used to it, or maybe I'm terrible at Platinum style action games, but this sucker just feels sluggish and awkward to me.  The camera is way too slow, the cutting mechanic feels terribly imprecise, and the hits/combos lack any kind of impact.  Not really sure what to make of this game now, but the demo turned me right the hell off.  Glad some people are really excited, but I'm sitting this one out. 
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »

It's OK, you're not the only one not feeling this game.  The demo locking up certainly didn't help with my decision either.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:46 AM »

Blade mode feels weird as hell at first and parrying is unexpectedly tricky.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »

The parrying mechanic sucks ass. The demo was lacking for me as well. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish felt like superior games. I realize that its only a demo but its probably exactly what we're getting. Might rent it first.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »

I must be the only one who loved the demo.. though parrying took forfuckingever to master. I actually ended up NOT using it very much in fighting Bladewolf (nor blade mode, but I used it against everything else) - that battle became easier when I dashed like hell, and attacked him like mad when he wasn't glowing/about to launch himself at me.

I did, however, play the E3 demo which was different but I remembered the controls pretty well. It's interesting gameplay for sure, but, I like to cut things. I've had to skip a lot of games this winter for now, but I'll be getting this. Even if the demo did freeze when I went to equip grenades on Raiden...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »

(-`Д)ノ Hey now!

I did liked the demo a lot but it was too short, didn't have a problem with Blade mode or Parrying in my 2nd playthrough. The game very much feels like a mix between Ninja Gaiden with Vanquish in the Metal Gear universe. Is pretty awesome.

Also, try to attack the cat in the demo.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »

Huh, I guess the demo was short, I hadn't noticed since I've played before and the boss took me.... Uh, several tries.

I think I've got blade mode down for the most part. But since I gave up on parrying the boss, I may do another run through just to practice? And I think I'm going to run through MGS4 too.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 06:43:54 PM »

Parrying the Blade Mode -- Source: PlatinumGames Blog

Sunny revealed in Famitsu:

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 12:59:43 AM »

You know, since this is from Famitsu I question how much of a spoiler it can qualify as, but nevertheless it IS marked as such on Neogaf and I'm inclined to agree with that. In the future, find a news story and link to it, so we can find out what new character shows up or whatever without having it thrown right there in picture form whether we want to know or not.

(Admittedly in general I also dislike pouring over every piece of information as it comes out.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: