Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance  (Read 28153 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

Quit giving them your business.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »

So infinite rage continues. Failstop screwed up a shitton of preorders for the LE version, and the EARLIEST i can get mine is next week, meanwhile it's 170ish dollars sitting in their fucking cashdrawer and I'm without my fucking game. Best part is the fucking kid explaining to me why I can't get it earlier.

"We have to honor a customer's preorder for 48 hours before we can ship copies to another store".

So I BOUGHT the game in full, not just placed a measly 25 bucks down on it, and my preorder was neglected enough that I don't get it for a week. How come the dick who didn't pick his up gets the benefit of the doubt and another 24 hours to get his? This is horseshit.

Aren't preorders first come first serve?

Just ask him to give you your money back and buy it off amazon.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:52 PM »

Quit giving them your business.
It's a similar issue to radioshack, I hate the company, not the people that work there. Most of the employees are pretty cool people, and I enjoy being able to talk to them. Plus, a sheer lack of places to purchase specific special edition games from forces my hand. I could go without the cooler version, but why cut my nose to spite my face? Before you say online order, I've been having issues with my bank account, and my account has been frozen due to it before, so I try to avoid online purchases when possible. Yeah, the problems are resolved fairly quickly, but my current business goings require I have large amounts of money available, and a frozen account can screw up situations quick like. I'm going to look into some prepaid cards for amazon for future purchases though, or just go through my personal buddy for smaller game purchases instead.

Also, stop trying to quell my rage with logic, Ashton, I AM PISSED!

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »

Just start using credit cards. If you are uncomfortable with credit, just have one card you use when you need to.

Honestly, my brother got the LE. I saw the plasma lamp. Not impressed. Glad I didn't put down $150 for it ...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »

Just start using credit cards. If you are uncomfortable with credit, just have one card you use when you need to.

Honestly, my brother got the LE. I saw the plasma lamp. Not impressed. Glad I didn't put down $150 for it ...
3 friends of mine are in fairly serious credit card debt. Fuck credit cards they are demonic (I applied for one recently and was rejected, poor credit rating).

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »

That is what happens when you spend money you don't have.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

3 friends of mine are in fairly serious credit card debt. Fuck credit cards they are demonic (I applied for one recently and was rejected, poor credit rating).

I don't even get this attitude.  Having a credit card doesn't make you start bleeding money or something.  Sure some people are irresponsible, but you don't have to be.  I pay off my full balance every single month.  Literally.  Had a credit card for well over a decade and I've never had any debt with it.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »

Just making sure I placed the part in parenthesis about how I applied recently for one with poor results....yeah I did.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »

Couldn't you just get a debit card anyway? That'd circumvent the issue I'd think.

And yeah, the LE's the kinda I don't really care about. Give me something meaty like a good countrack, artbook, any kind of book actually, not these goofy things like lamps or statues. Or at least don't make those the only LE option, it's annoying you get something like artbooks for Witcher 2 or Skyrim that are ONLY in the giant "get some bust/statue" LEs, though at least Witcher 2 has the option of the artbook PDF on PC and through GOG.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »

I have a debit card, Eusis, but like I said, I have been having issues with account fraud, which has resulted in my account being frozen before. It cost me a job because we couldn't pick up materials in a timely fashion, and in the freelance AV world, no one cares what excuse you have.

Anyways, how long is the game, roughly speaking?

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »

And yeah, the LE's the kinda I don't really care about. Give me something meaty like a good countrack, artbook, any kind of book actually, not these goofy things like lamps or statues. Or at least don't make those the only LE option, it's annoying you get something like artbooks for Witcher 2 or Skyrim that are ONLY in the giant "get some bust/statue" LEs, though at least Witcher 2 has the option of the artbook PDF on PC and through GOG.

I'd rather have the EU version of Rising's LE, at least it came with a Raiden... figure? I would have taken that over the lamp for sure. The pre-order artbook is nice - those kinds of artbooks are never big, but I've always been a fan of the MG artwork style.

Still having fun with the game. The sewers were difficult until I realized yes, I CAN one-hit kill the bulky things that lurk there.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:20:47 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »

I don't even get this attitude.  Having a credit card doesn't make you start bleeding money or something.  Sure some people are irresponsible, but you don't have to be.  I pay off my full balance every single month.  Literally.  Had a credit card for well over a decade and I've never had any debt with it.

Agreed.  There seems to be a lot of people that share the sentiment, but Credit Cards, when used properly, are awesome.  Zero liability Fraud protection, builds your credit rating, free mileage/bonus cash (just saved 40 bucks using my saved up points on amazon last week), and heck some even have free extended warranties if you purchase the product with their card.

Furthermore, building credit is important.  If you don't have, getting car loans, mortgages for houses, etc becomes difficult/impossible (depending on how little credit the person has) or just outright expensive due to loan rates being higher. 

Couldn't you just get a debit card anyway?

If he has trouble with his bank account being frozen, it won't help.  Debit cards also normally don't build your credit.  Might be some exceptions, but normally they don't since it's not really credit because you're using your own money.

Just making sure I placed the part in parenthesis about how I applied recently for one with poor results....yeah I did.

Honestly you seem like a pretty responsible guy and it doesn't seem like you would fall into the pitfalls of credit cards that your friends did.  That being said, there are credit cards out there specifically for people with no credit/bad credit.  The interest rate will probably be 25-29% and your maximum limit probably be 500 (maybe 1k).  Put a couple small purchases on it every month and pay off the full balance every month and little by little, your credit will improve.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »

Finally got my copy!

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »

Anyways, how long is the game, roughly speaking?

Just cleared for the first time today at 5hr 6min. It certainly took longer though so it's clearly not counting something, probably deaths.  I died 41 times iirc lol.  Not sure if cutscenes and codec calls counted toward my time. There is quite a lot of stuff hidden to collect though, special boxes, vr missions, left hands...lots of upgrades to buy as well.  Plus the game is fun as hell anyway so it should have strong replay value.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »

I believe that, according to Platinum, cutscenes, deaths and codec calls don't count towards your clear time. It's literally just when you're fighting (not sure about when you're controlling Raiden while he's on a call but that's what a few minutes total).

I'm definitely going to be playing again on hard mode. My friend just told me about Revengeance mode (apparently you can get it with the Konami code also), which, uh... I'm not sure I'll touch that one.

Lots of stuff to collect and do to Raiden's body (..wait, what?) though, you're right about that.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: