Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338328 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance  (Read 30168 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:02 AM »

Atsushi Inaba annoyed on twitter, tells people truth about Revengeance clear-time

Read this everybody.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 02:36:45 AM »

Hmmm yeah, that's the post I was thinking of.

I'm in chapter (?) 4 or 5 or ..6 or... I don't even know.
Code:
I really hate Monsoon. And his body double later on.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »

Info on Revengeance DLC -- Source: Metal Gear Solid Unofficial Site
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:04:35 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »

Playing as Sam? I hope you fight Raiden as him. That would be fun.

Still stuck on the same boss. WTF.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2013, 01:53:42 AM »

I know this is gonna sound like really dumb advice but against Monsoon it seems like you really have to just parry everything lol.  Don't sweat trying to lock on to him just aim where he appears and parry, and keep parrying till something leaves him open.  
Code:
When he goes in his "you can't cut me mode" and starts doing his stretchy arm attacks parrying him will alllow you to break up his body parts individually and you'll eventually get to hit his weak point if you keep parrying and destroying his parts.  I'm not that great at fighting him yet but that's what I had to do to beat the copy monsoon later.  Only reason I beat him the first time without dying was cause I had 5 auto-repair nanopaste stocked lol.  vs the copy monsoon I actually had to learn to fight him decently since I didn't have more than one repair pack.  also, if he hits you with his launcher kick you can air parry the followup [code]
[/code]

not saying to ONLY parry but I'm saying I think you'll need to do it a lot to beat him.  also I want to mention that the evading slash is really good and has invulnerablity time but I'm not sure if it will help on monsoon.  very useful on some other large enemies and bosses though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:59:29 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2013, 03:09:22 AM »

This guy is the new Johnny Sasaki.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

I know this is gonna sound like really dumb advice but against Monsoon it seems like you really have to just parry everything lol.  Don't sweat trying to lock on to him just aim where he appears and parry, and keep parrying till something leaves him open.  
Code:
When he goes in his "you can't cut me mode" and starts doing his stretchy arm attacks parrying him will alllow you to break up his body parts individually and you'll eventually get to hit his weak point if you keep parrying and destroying his parts.  I'm not that great at fighting him yet but that's what I had to do to beat the copy monsoon later.  Only reason I beat him the first time without dying was cause I had 5 auto-repair nanopaste stocked lol.  vs the copy monsoon I actually had to learn to fight him decently since I didn't have more than one repair pack.  also, if he hits you with his launcher kick you can air parry the followup [code]

not saying to ONLY parry but I'm saying I think you'll need to do it a lot to beat him.  also I want to mention that the evading slash is really good and has invulnerablity time but I'm not sure if it will help on monsoon.  very useful on some other large enemies and bosses though.

Oh I beat Monsoon a couple days ago and the other thing yesterday. I'm now on Sundowner.

I basically ended up parrying a lot of Monsoon's bullshit. If I was terrible at it before, I'm halfway decent now.[/code]

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2013, 03:12:12 PM »

Code:
When he goes in his "you can't cut me mode" and starts doing his stretchy arm attacks parrying him will alllow you to break up his body parts individually and you'll eventually get to hit his weak point if you keep parrying and destroying his parts.  I'm not that great at fighting him yet but that's what I had to do to beat the copy monsoon later.  Only reason I beat him the first time without dying was cause I had 5 auto-repair nanopaste stocked lol.  vs the copy monsoon I actually had to learn to fight him decently since I didn't have more than one repair pack.  also, if he hits you with his launcher kick you can air parry the followup [code]

Oh I beat Monsoon a couple days ago and the other thing yesterday. I'm now on Sundowner.

I basically ended up parrying a lot of Monsoon's bullshit. If I was terrible at it before, I'm halfway decent now.[/code]

Code:
sundowner's shield is so damn picky to break.  the evade slash owns him so hard though.  you can just wear him down with quick attacks and just cancel to evade slash whenever he attacks or does the shield

the boss weapons are really cool.  mistral's spear is powerful and has crazy crowd control and monsoon's dagger is great vs airborne opponents.  not sure what Sundowner's is for though.  it's so slow I'm not sure when it would be good to use it
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:17:05 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

The pole arm is very useful. Same with the Kai for when I want to get at Sliders or whatever the bird thing is called. Or target certain dudes in a crowd and go right to them. Yadda yadda.

I'm guessing Sundowner's is good for guarding but I haven't gotten it yet. It's weird to imagine Raiden using that though, the shields are bigger than him. lmao

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

The pole arm is very useful. Same with the Kai for when I want to get at Sliders or whatever the bird thing is called. Or target certain dudes in a crowd and go right to them. Yadda yadda.

I'm guessing Sundowner's is good for guarding but I haven't gotten it yet. It's weird to imagine Raiden using that though, the shields are bigger than him. lmao

nah you get his swords....if they were SUPER big.  it's really slow and powerful
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »

I played the demo for this some more, and I think I might try renting it. (wah want PC version). What I've seen from later in the game looks pretty solid, if absurd. I'm feeling a bit warmer towards it after having played and loved DmC.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »

Well, at least here part of the reason I'd normally want a PC version is full HD resolution and 60 FPS, and at least for 720p it looks like MGR hits both successfully.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »

I said it when I played the demo on both my consoles, but it looks great on PS3, much better than 360 I thought. The frame rate VERY occasionally drops, but I haven't noticed it much. The 360 version is less sharp looking but from what people tell me about the full version, it runs more smoothly.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »

Had to restart from the beginning for not having health packs thanks to the boss in Chapter 7.

I played the demo for this some more, and I think I might try renting it. (wah want PC version). What I've seen from later in the game looks pretty solid, if absurd. I'm feeling a bit warmer towards it after having played and loved DmC.

Don't expect DmC out of this. If anything MGR is like I've said before, a mix between Vanquish and Ninja Gaiden.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »

Had to restart from the beginning for not having health packs thanks to the boss in Chapter 7.

Don't expect DmC out of this. If anything MGR is like I've said before, a mix between Vanquish and Ninja Gaiden.

which chapter 7 boss?  theres 2
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: