Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319584 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance  (Read 20063 times)
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »

Finally doing revengence mode.  I can't believe how much damage perfect parry does 0_0

killed the 2nd part of the metal gear ray fight in one hit with it.  I thought I glitched out the game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »

@TiamatNM: Do you plan in S-ranking Revengeance mode or not?

---

First VR Missions DLC date announced and free DLC giveaways

Kojima talks about Raiden, Open World and Assassin's Creed

Source: Metal Gear Solid TV

Hideo Kojima: "Numbered titles in the series will always be created by myself, or at least created at Kojima Productions." -- IGN
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »

Just started last night, got to and beat monsoon. I am trying so hard to not play this as a metal gear title, but I keep sneaking everywhere and running behind enemies. Only realized by chapter 3 that you could zandatsu during the ninja kills. I'm not terribly fond of the lack of sneaking skills, like wall leans and taps, crawling or silent walking, and so on. When Raiden said sneaking is my specialty, he was lying. Every fucking step he takes, he bangs the damn floor. This is NOT STEALTHY.

However, groaning aside the game is pretty cool. The music is awesome, I wore a headset just to hear it better. The fighting is fun, though the fact that parrying is better than anything else you can do sucks some fun out of it. I keep going DMC and start mashing out button combos, but things die so much faster with a parry->blade mode->zandatsu. I never "liked" Raiden, but his little spaz out is sucking any appreciation I had for him as a character. I mean, when he came out in 4 with all his nonsense about scouting and tracking, I was already annoyed, he was such a novice in MGS2. This samurai nonsense of his was stupid to begin with, then he goes Jack the Ripper....what the hell? Raiden is a terrible character. I liked Quinton Flynn better when he voiced Johnny Storm on the old fantastic four cartoon. At least when Snake got fucked with, he didn't have a whole character-breaking persona change...hell he just got more Snake-like. I'm ranting though, and I should stop, because that one complaint doesn't really take away from the game itself. It's fun, and looks amazing, plus it sounds awesome. You should rock a headset for it, it's worth it.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »

I am trying so hard to not play this as a metal gear title, but I keep sneaking everywhere and running behind enemies. Only realized by chapter 3 that you could zandatsu during the ninja kills. I'm not terribly fond of the lack of sneaking skills, like wall leans and taps, crawling or silent walking, and so on. When Raiden said sneaking is my specialty, he was lying. Every fucking step he takes, he bangs the damn floor. This is NOT STEALTHY.

You can go sneaking around if you want in some areas but the entire affair is optional.

I never "liked" Raiden, but his little spaz out is sucking any appreciation I had for him as a character. I mean, when he came out in 4 with all his nonsense about scouting and tracking, I was already annoyed, he was such a novice in MGS2. This samurai nonsense of his was stupid to begin with, then he goes Jack the Ripper....what the hell? Raiden is a terrible character.

If I remember correctly Raiden is one of the characters with more backstory in the entire series up to this point. All the stuff that he does and says in MGR makes perfect sense, since his shitty childhood in Liberia to the ending in MGR his character has changed accordingly to the narrative of the series.

The way he is presented to the player is what makes his character so absurd at first. But really, Raiden is just a guy with a lot of issues. And besides Solid Snake was almost the same deal anyway. The only difference is that Snake was genetically screwed up from the beginning.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:23:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »

Raiden's story is just terrible though. Child soldier who forgot it all, then went on being a soldier anyway. Snake's story is tragic. A bi-product of cloning, born to be used for war, everyone he's ever cared for died in front of him, and he had to kill his own father, only to realize he was the bad guy doing it in the end. Raiden and Snake have had bad things happen to them, sure, but Snake's story is just fucking horrifying. Sorry, Raiden was never a good character in my opnion.

TASTY!
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »

@TiamatNM: Do you plan in S-ranking Revengeance mode or not?

---

First VR Missions DLC date announced and free DLC giveaways

Kojima talks about Raiden, Open World and Assassin's Creed

Source: Metal Gear Solid TV

Hideo Kojima: "Numbered titles in the series will always be created by myself, or at least created at Kojima Productions." -- IGN

Nah too much work.  XD I'll clear revengence mode then focus on trying to clear the VR missions.  Bet ill give up on some of them though.  Got other things to play too
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »

I'm not arguing about who is better...

Child soldier who forgot it all, then went on being a soldier anyway.

I don't really remember any part in Metal Gear where Raiden explicitly states that he completely forgets what he went through as a kid in Liberia since that moment in his life was what make him the kind of character he is.

Most of his youth he suffered from PTSD after the Liberian Civil War and shortly after that he was controlled by the Patriots until the Big Shell Incident happens.

Snake's story is tragic. A bi-product of cloning, born to be used for war, everyone he's ever cared for died in front of him, and he had to kill his own father, only to realize he was the bad guy doing it in the end. Raiden and Snake have had bad things happen to them, sure, but Snake's story is just fucking horrifying.

So far, yeah. Snake had it worse more than anyone else even though The Boss and Big Boss didn't have the easiest life either.

Nah too much work.  XD I'll clear revengence mode then focus on trying to clear the VR missions.  Bet ill give up on some of them though.  Got other things to play too

Hah, well I see. I've read that mission 18 is pretty hard or something but I haven't gotten there yet.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »

Mission 18 is tough.  I didn't try it too many times I just know if a big enemy touches you in that one you die.  seems to just throw waves of big enemy+ 4 tripods at you.  I kinda doubt I'll have the patience for some of the stealth based VR missions.  Couple of them seem really tough
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »

Well, I started and finished this game over the weekend. I enjoyed it alot, although it was a little short and the plot was kind of lacking for a Metal Gear title. Would still totally recommend it to someone, though. I couldn't put the controller down.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »

A good chunk of the narrative and context for some of the scenes are buried in the codec. Which is pretty normal for Metal Gear standards.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2013, 06:43:48 PM »

A good chunk of the narrative and context for some of the scenes are buried in the codec. Which is pretty normal for Metal Gear standards.

Yeah I tried to do them when I remembered, but I didn't get the trophy for viewing a majority of them so I am going to make it my goal to listen to them all this playthrough.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »

All VR Mission Locations

All Data Storage Locations

All MIB (Men In Boxes) Locations

All Humanoid Dwarf Gekko Locations

All Endurance Cell Locations

Credits to byakokoko
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:32:16 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:48 AM »

Just beat the game, monsoon was the worst boss. Other than that, the other bosses were just abuse parry, or in the case of crab battle abusing the electric slide lol.

The french tickle stick is the best weapon ever.!

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »

PlaninumGames Presents: The strongest cats -- PG Official YouTube channel

Special Guest! Scenario Writer Etsu Tamari -- Source: PlatinumGames Blog

MGR:R writer on future DLC and how the story got shifted years into the future -- Source: Polygon

MGR:R 1st set of DLC Trailer -- KONAMI573ch

monsoon was the worst boss.

Now you're just being nasty.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:32:25 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »

How come none of the cool variations of the boss music are on the OST? This=/=cool. I spent almost 200 bucks on this game, I want my fucking cool boss music.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: