Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319242 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The PSP is totally worth its price! (note: sarcasm)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The PSP is totally worth its price! (note: sarcasm)  (Read 2512 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:02:48 PM »

My brother's been playing Valkyrie Profile lately and for some reason whenever he tries to save, the thing randomly screws up and the system locks. He shut the system off, turned it on again and went to play game from UMD in the system menu, then this happened.

http://www.moon-flare.com/stuff/psp-error.jpg

Had the system how long and it already is doing this sort of thing? Thanks a lot Sony, you and your quality fucking products.

Link to his LJ entry
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »

Personally, I just think Sony hates you guys. :P
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »

Good because I hate them too for their products being so shitty.

Regardless if other people don't have similar problems the fact remains the problems with their products do exist and occur.

Funny, my Xbox Gamecube and Sega Saturn have never given me shit.
invinciblegod

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »

WOW! The first ever RSOD I have ever seen!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »

I've never had any problem with a Sony product. One PSX, two PS2s, and a PSP, and I've yet to encounter any problems so far (knock on wood).

I think a lot of the flak Sony gets is, as always, relegated to the people who get fucked being vocal about it and the people whose stuff works not saying a thing. It's like this with pretty much every company. I've had a GBA's R button stop working on me a little after a year after I bought it, another GBA completely fall apart, and a DS's battery cover coming loose and unable to screw back into the system. So according to my track record, Nintendo's a worse manufacturer than Sony - of course, I'm just the exception; just like pretty much every electronic malfunction out there.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:44:11 AM »

I can't help but hate on Sony a lot of the time. My first PS2 randomly died, as did the pad shortly afterwards. I have two friends who have also had PS2's die for no reason. I've had problems with the official memory cards as well.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 12:19:04 PM »

Add me to the list of people with Sony problems :P

I'm on my third PS2. The first two decided to just stop reading discs after a few months.

But that's not to say I've never had problems with other consoles. Really, the only consoles that have never given me trouble have all come from Nintendo.

... yes I edited it.

[/url]
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
I'm on my third PS3. The first two decided to just stop reading discs after a few months.

Well, now I know I won't be getting a PS3.

Sorry, I had to

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »

I'm on my second PS2 and no I am not getting a PS3 any time soon.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »

My friend has gone through 2 PS2s and two Xboxs. I've never had any problems with systems I've boughten. I've had my PS2 for 4 years and it's never had a problem.Not even a disc read error.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »

Same here. A friend of mine had problems with his first PlayStation and Xbox. With the exception of my first Dreamcast, I have never had any console hardware issues, be it with Sony Computer Entertainment, Nintendo or Sega hardware. My PlayStation, the two PlayStation 2s (a modified US and a Japanese model) and my PlayStation Portable have all worked just fine.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »

Yeah, I never had any problems with my PS2. Actually, I've never had any problems with any systems I've ever owned.

The only console I remember giving me problems was my friend's PSX that I borrowed that would have trouble reading discs because the laser was dying. But that wasn't mine.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 06:53:36 PM »

I've had my original PSX crap out on me, and the PS2 needed to be sent in for repairs. That was free, thankfully, but it seems that offer's long dead. For non-Sony, I've had my original GB prematurely die back when I was around 6 years old, and had it replaced, and my original Saturn fucked up, probably due to constantly plugging in and removing the power cord. I think we had some minor DC issues, but last I checked both systems were fully operable. They (or at least one of them) just can't play Unreal Tournament, but that's because of PSO apparantly.

I'm probably pretty lucky, honestly, espicially since I've heard of some people having lots of broken GCs, while I had mine run over and still work. :P
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 07:00:58 PM »

Never liked Sony products. Been through two DVD players, two PS2s, an original PSX, and several walkman CD players in the last few years. I just gave up buying Sony products in general and switched to Panasonic for most of my needs. Obviously this wouldn't apply to gaming, but even as far as televisions and DVD players go, I've found Sony products give you hell after just a couple of years.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
I just gave up buying Sony products in general and switched to Panasonic for most of my needs. Obviously this wouldn't apply to gaming, but even as far as televisions and DVD players go, I've found Sony products give you hell after just a couple of years.

Sure it can!

Oh, as for my GameBoy: To be more specific, it'd power up, then gradually the screen would fade to... The default green (can't really call it white), and I think the sound died out too, kinda like the batteries were going. Could've been just the screen, but it was still as good as dead.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: