Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341323 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  the next big Jrpgs on xbox and ps3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: the next big Jrpgs on xbox and ps3?  (Read 7705 times)
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »

There's a ton of depth to the gameplay now, and the monster catching/raising was done in SMT and people love those games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »

Next year for console JRPGs I'm really looking forward to Ni no Kuni and Xenoblade. I'm no Tales fan but I'm hoping for Xillia. I'm mildly interested in FFXIII-2 but I'm nowhere even close to beating the first game.

Let's just hope Mass Effect 3 leaves my soul intact.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »

There's a ton of depth to the gameplay now, and the monster catching/raising was done in SMT and people love those games.

The SMT games were hit and miss for me.... Monster Recruiting was one of the aspects that really botherred me to be honest... I liked how the persona system was implemented in later titles and I dug how they pulled it off in Devil Summoner but I really couldn't stand having a full party of monster recruits in Nocturne... Maybe I'm jaded because I hate Dante and the Devil May Cry Franchise...... Anyhow, once again, its a matter of opinion and personal taste... I have a much harder time growing affection for and caring about monster recruits.... maybe it just reminds me too much of that debauchery of a tales sequel for the wii.....

Then again I will take monster recruits over glorified-transformers (thats how I felt about the summons in XIII)...... I REALLY hate transformers.......

So to further illustrate my original point.... that is, how personal taste and opinion can render even some of the finest titles lackluster to some and vice versa.... 2 completely idiotic but gamebreaking bias I have are A) Absolutely NO Transformers aloud and B) Certainly NO hack and slash "too-cool-for-school" crossover characters like Dante.......

To be honest, while I'm on the subject, the fact that an Assassins Creed Outfit is bonus DLC for FF XIII-2 bums me out as well.... just shouldn't be I tell ya..... it just shouldn't be....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

SquarePenix

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »

To those not interested in XIII-2 or believe the first game ruined the chance for you to even give it a fair shot, I pose a theoretical question (And it's NOT to stir tempers):  Would you prefer SE not release the game at all?
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »

Yes, because then I wouldn't be buying it out of hopeless, pathetic yearning for a time long past.  I simply wouldn't be buying it.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
SquarePenix

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game. 
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »

He's forcing himself to buy the game, out of the vain hope that he'll actually enjoy it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »

He's forcing himself to buy the game, out of the vain hope that he'll actually enjoy it.

Haters...
...play game and hate it: fuels the hate
...play game and love it!: uncertain territory and continued fuel for video game discussion.

Man.  This is like FF10-2 all over again.  People were generally happy [with the battle system and gameplay] when it came out and all that huff was put to relative ease.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Kurai

Rpg Loving Gal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 05:29:42 PM »

I enjoyed FFX-2, i found it actually funny, the gameplay was great, it has tons of extras, and well i always tough that it was a sorta of girl FF, all that colors in the menu, and cute things and stuff :) , and the job things were great.

never bored with the last mission edition tough ,well... i expect FFXIII-2 to be a good game :)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:49 AM »

Hope does spring eternal...and unless it's total rubbish I imagine I'll at least (somewhat) like it...I'm still in that stage where I look forward to any FF game.

Everything's Eventual
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »

Man, FFXIII-2 producing soooooooooooooooo much butthurt. FFX-2 looked boring to me so I didn't buy it or play it, and I don't regret this decision. Do you see me trolling threads about how people that bought it did so only because they hate themselves and have their tastes enslaved to a video game company? No, because I'm not a complete idiot that hates his life over a video game, and then tries to fill the emptiness resulting from that hatred by sucking away at the happiness of others. FFXIII-2 isn't even out yet, why are people jumping to conclusions so quickly? Wait a second, it is out in Japan and the reviews say it is awesome. Sounds like a lot of people need to get this chip off their shoulder and get over themselves.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:26 AM »

FFXIII-2 isn't even out yet, why are people jumping to conclusions so quickly? Wait a second, it is out in Japan and the reviews say it is awesome. Sounds like a lot of people need to get this chip off their shoulder and get over themselves.

I remember when veteran GameFaqs reviewer AshleyWinchester gave a 7/10 to FF13 when it came out in Japan... no NA player had played it and yet the flames had come out in full force.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »

X-2 wasn't horrible (I enjoyed it quite a bit). The only sin of the game was not being your traditional Final Fantasy game and for that a lot of shit was thrown with people bitching about it without even playing the game.

XIII-2 looked pretty boring in the live streams but I saw a bit more of it and now I'm pretty interested in giving it a chance. And I was disappointed with XIII but I did enjoyed some parts of it, and hell, I clearly remember saying out loud when finished the game "It wasn't as bad as people said it was".

So yeah. I might seem that I hate FF sometimes but I just got the opinions of others confused with mine in reality.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 10:27:51 AM »

FFXIII-2 isn't even out yet, why are people jumping to conclusions so quickly? Wait a second, it is out in Japan and the reviews say it is awesome. Sounds like a lot of people need to get this chip off their shoulder and get over themselves.

I remember when veteran GameFaqs reviewer AshleyWinchester gave a 7/10 to FF13 when it came out in Japan... no NA player had played it and yet the flames had come out in full force.

It's probably the same people.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2011, 08:46:35 PM »

X-2 wasn't horrible (I enjoyed it quite a bit). The only sin of the game was not being your traditional Final Fantasy game and for that a lot of shit was thrown with people bitching about it without even playing the game.

I thought it was horrible. I played it and finished it, and immediately regretted all the time I'd wasted on it. The story, characters and cutscenes were just embarassing, the levels were mostly copy-pastes from FFX but full of annoying minigames, and the music was almost unlistenable. The only positive was the battle system, but that was wasted by having almost no challenge whatsoever.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: