Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329992 Posts in 13523 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Best Star Ocean: TLH combination.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Best Star Ocean: TLH combination.  (Read 4541 times)
Traveling Swordsman

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »

I have replayed Star Ocean: TLH several times, and I am finding that the best player combination is Edge, Reimi, Meracle, and Sarah.

One Dungeon at a Time
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:39:37 PM »

I have replayed Star Ocean: TLH several times, and I am finding that the best player combination is Edge, Reimi, Meracle, and Sarah.

Edge can suck Arumat's scyth.

Also, this belongs in some SO topic from a year back because there are only enough SO enthusiasts here to justify only one topic.  If it's any comfort, we're as general so as to not even have one of "these types" of topics for Final Fantasy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

I hated every single guy in the game for various reasons... wait no, let me rephrase that. I hated every character in the game.
Thus, my party was only the chicks because even if I hated them, at least they had girly parts.

EDIT: I don't consider Lymle a chick... she's some kind of atrocity on 2 feet.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:28:09 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »

I hated every single guy in the game for various reasons... wait no, let me rephrase that. I hated every character in the game.
Thus, my party was only the chicks because even if I hated them, at least they had girly parts.

Arguably, the best party is mostly chicks (Reimi, Sara, and Meracle), and Arumat looks like Lightning.

Traveling Swordsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

Well its either play Star Ocean or find a PS2 and play FF7

One Dungeon at a Time
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

The sad thing is I would have used Sarah more if her voice didn't want me to hurt people.

Same with Lymle.

We can't forget Edge too

"EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!!"

Ngh, this game.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »

The sad thing is I would have used Sarah more if her voice didn't want me to hurt people.

Same with Lymle.

We can't forget Edge too

"EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!!"

Ngh, this game.

Please, it was a throwback to classic 90's game voice acting.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »

I remember the 90s...most games didn't have voice acting.  And we were fine with it.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »

I remember the 90s...most games didn't have voice acting.  And we were fine with it.

Except Kefka's laugh.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:48:49 PM »

I remember in the 20s when most movies didn't have voice acting and we were fine with it.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

I can't pint point when Star Ocean 4 fell apart exactly but one it does, it's a non stop slope without a bottom.
I remember overlooking the stupidity of most of the cast and Edge becaming a crybaby about "interfering" with the story of a parallel earth, but when Meracle and Serah showed up I just couldn't take it anymore.

I still have my saves and I might go back to it when I feel like punishing myself but as of right now I have much better crap to play than this.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »

Your guys distaste for this title has left it sitting on my shelf for over a year now-LoL.... Everytime I finish a game and am selecting another, the general attitude of this forum quickly ushers me past Star Ocean 4.... I am however currently nickle and diming a playthrough of First Departure and enjoying it... Though I hate the fact the MC's sprite reminds me of a lame armor-wearing-super-hero with a dog tail....

Now Star Ocean 3.... despite everyones disdain, I liked alot.... even enjoyed the little "fighting" mini game extra! So someday after First Departure, Xenoblade, Zelda, Wild Arms Alter Code F and Wild Arms XF I may get to SF4..... then again, by then FF13-2 will be out and if I really want to hurt myself with an obligatory playthrough of something that sucks for the sake of the series I'll probably be giving that a spin :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

IMO Star Ocean the Last Hope has what is the most "complete" feeling battle system of all the titles.
- The First Departure was broken, they direct-import the item creation system (what a rip) and without a proper new difficulty, the game was way too easy
- Second Story was great.  It did become really easy to exploit the skill system to do mass amounts of damage, and some stuff was pretty easy to miss.  But hey, to this day the endless debate of Opera/Ashton wages on.
- Till the End of Time was the first really tough Star Ocean, and I loved it for that.  It was easy enough (till the final boss) to get through SO2 without item creation, but this one made you use it or die trying without.
- Last Hope was a great battle system, but did have character balancing issues (magicians are pretty useless in the SO universe, but this took the cake).  The game was difficult, but the battle system felt really good. 

All of you whiney bitches who just want a story, deal with it or just don't play... but IMO, you miss a really good hit at some quality RPG gameplay to make up for it.  Excuse a story for once, hell, a lot of you did for FF8.  At least these games had some sort of character building, something that can't be sad for half of the RPG roster which offers up mindless grinding.  To each their own.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Your guys distaste for this title has left it sitting on my shelf for over a year now-LoL.... Everytime I finish a game and am selecting another, the general attitude of this forum quickly ushers me past Star Ocean 4.... I am however currently nickle and diming a playthrough of First Departure and enjoying it...

Most of us don't mind SO1 and SO2 nearly as much as we do So3 and So4.  I think that's somewhere around 80 points!

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »

Well its either play Star Ocean or find a PS2 and play FF7

You do realise that FFVII is a PSO game which means its playable on your PS3 AND can be downloaded from the PS Store. The PS2 option, while perfectly valid, is probably the most difficult to pull off if you don't have one handy.

Not really relevant to the topic in any way, but I'm just throwing it out there.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: