Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327761 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales Of Vesperia.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Tales Of Vesperia.  (Read 2709 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »

Couldn't find an old topic for this game... must be the board deletes threads after so long? Anyway, I'm a-hankerin' for some time well spent with a good JRPG. I bought the game for the 360 when it came out and played about half of it... LOVED it. Then like I tend to do, stopped playing because I bought new games. I probably stopped playing it a good 2 1/2 years ago. A year or so ago I popped it in again and stopped again because I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to do next. Any clues on how you can find your way back on track in this game? I literally remember little of what I played, so it's not like zI can look up a walkthrough and go from there.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »

Doesn't ToV keep an in game log of what has happened, or was that another Tales game I'm thinking of?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:55:01 PM »

Pretty much all of them do.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:25:04 AM »

I literally remember little of what I played, so it's not like zI can look up a walkthrough and go from there.

Usually I just find out the name of the area I'm at, and I Ctrl+F it on a walkthrough, and see if that gets me anywhere. But yeah, Vesperia has an in-game log, so that can also guide you somewhat.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:54 AM »

It's better to have just started this thread, there may've been a megathread but a quick search yielded a ToV thread from 2008 that didn't even go for very long. Best to let it lie.

I may get around to finishing this someday, I'm sorta lost plot-wise but I can just read the summaries again.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »

It's better to have just started this thread, there may've been a megathread but a quick search yielded a ToV thread from 2008 that didn't even go for very long. Best to let it lie.

I may get around to finishing this someday, I'm sorta lost plot-wise but I can just read the summaries again.

Allow me:  It's a Tales game...You're not missing much.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:39:48 AM »

Funny enough, I started a new game+ a couple of months ago but I don't think I'll be able to finish it. I stupidly unlocked the option to have all the skits at the skit player in the hidden city. I thought it was a good idea but then having them all unlocked means you have to play the game without a single skit.
I'm 14 hours in... and I just realized how boring a Tales game is without any skit.
Seriously, don't ever unlock that option.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »

It's nice to have SOME idea what all those terms mean. But yeah, it's more important to regrasp the battle system.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:58 AM »

Funny enough, I started a new game+ a couple of months ago but I don't think I'll be able to finish it. I stupidly unlocked the option to have all the skits at the skit player in the hidden city. I thought it was a good idea but then having them all unlocked means you have to play the game without a single skit.
I'm 14 hours in... and I just realized how boring a Tales game is without any skit.
Seriously, don't ever unlock that option.

I don't remember the Hidden City, but I know I'm way more than 14 hours in so I must have lucked out and didn't unlock that option.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 01:35:29 AM »

It's nice to have SOME idea what all those terms mean. But yeah, it's more important to regrasp the battle system.

I'm also just being a bit of a jerk.  The stories are charming enough -- characters especially. :)

Also.. I found the skits in this kinda crappy (Symphonia's were my fav).  I skipped 'em most of the time, but usually gave em a chance

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

I was just happy the skits were finally voice acted.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »

I thought it was the best PS360 Jrpg.  Probably not much of a feat considering you can probably count the number of jrpgs released in the US on the ps360 on one hand.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »

BandaiChannel is suddenly spamming my hotmail over a hundred emails for posting a Tales of the Abyss walkthrough.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »

I thought it was the best PS360 Jrpg.  Probably not much of a feat considering you can probably count the number of jrpgs released in the US on the ps360 on one hand.

ok.
I didn't deny that???

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »

I drew this a while back

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: