Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338429 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  xmas thread 20!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: xmas thread 20!!  (Read 5804 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 03:11:08 AM »

I am the queen of gift cards. Because my birthday is three days before Christmas I already have like four gift cards and money. iTunes, EBgames, Starbucks etc. I always end up with more at Christmas which makes me even more likely to go shopping on the 26th.

One year I ended up with $70 in iTunes credit. Another, I had about $90 for various coffee places.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »

It is officially Christmas here in 1 hour. So, early Merry Christmas everyone!

I didn't ask for anything, so I'm sure any presents I receive will be rather interesting.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »

Dragon Quest IV
The Other Poems by Paul Legault
Toy Soldiers
Boots

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »

I am the queen of gift cards. Because my birthday is three days before Christmas I already have like four gift cards and money. iTunes, EBgames, Starbucks etc. I always end up with more at Christmas which makes me even more likely to go shopping on the 26th.

One year I ended up with $70 in iTunes credit. Another, I had about $90 for various coffee places.

Ah, Christmas-time birthdays.  Glad it apparently hasn't made you all bitter and stuff. :)  My youngest sister's birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mother in law's is the 21st.  For my sister, we always did birthday stuff during the day, and no Christmas stuff until the end of the evening.  We always went to a movie of her choosing.  This year's weird, because another of my sisters had a baby a couple of days ago, so my mom's up helping her out.  So no movie this year.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »

If you own Cave Story on Steam, go play it, there's a nice surprise waiting for you! :)

I have fury!
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 04:19:08 PM »

If you own Cave Story on Steam, go play it, there's a nice surprise waiting for you! :)

What if I own Cave Story+ from the Humble Indie Bundle? Will something be there for me?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »

Am I a horrible person for being somewhat disappointed with some of my presents? I mean, I feel really guilty because people I care about spent good money on things I don't really like/will likely never use. I really wanted Tetris for the 3DS, but my brother got me Tetris Party for the DS instead. I have no reason to play that one, because I want to play against my colleagues and they've all got Tetris for the 3DS. And then there is the wallet... My mom asked me which one I wanted, so I showed it to her in the store, wrote down the specifics (colour, model and price) so she'd be able to find and get it later. In the end I got one that's kinda alike, but far from what I wanted. The one I really liked only cost €0,45 more and I know there are plenty left on the shelves...

Christmas would be so much more awesome if I only had to give gifts, not get them...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:12:22 PM by Tomara » Logged
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »

The only thing I know for a fact that I'm getting is an electric blanket...which is great because it's been in the 20's here at night. That may not sound like much to you, but in California it might as well be the North Pole.

Everything else is a mystery. :)

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »

Well, just opened my presents with the family. They just came home from a vacation to the USA so most stuff was from there. I got:

-- 2 Zelda T-Shirts (An OoT one and a PH one).
-- Small Mario figure.
-- Small Zelda figure, random one. I got Tetra.
-- Pack of collectible Zelda cards.
-- 2 Zelda manga.
-- Some Bertie Bots Every Flavoured Beans (From Harry Potter World, apparently. I love Jelly Beans.)

See a theme? :P They were all pretty cool.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

The only thing I know for a fact that I'm getting is an electric blanket...which is great because it's been in the 20's here at night. That may not sound like much to you, but in California it might as well be the North Pole.

Everything else is a mystery. :)

Do you even have a heating system in your house?  My buddy who lives in Burbank doesn't.  He'd love an electric blanket.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »

It's official Christmas Day here in the UK. Merry Christmas RPGfan. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »

Am I a horrible person for being somewhat disappointed with some of my presents? I mean, I feel really guilty because people I care about spent good money on things I don't really like/will likely never use. I really wanted Tetris for the 3DS, but my brother got me Tetris Party for the DS instead. I have no reason to play that one, because I want to play against my colleagues and they've all got Tetris for the 3DS. And then there is the wallet... My mom asked me which one I wanted, so I showed it to her in the store, wrote down the specifics (colour, model and price) so she'd be able to find and get it later. In the end I got one that's kinda alike, but far from what I wanted. The one I really liked only cost €0,45 more and I know there are plenty left on the shelves...

Christmas would be so much more awesome if I only had to give gifts, not get them...

You have every right to be disappointed. If someone asks you what you want... they should probably get you what they want

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 10:03:06 PM »

Little Lady and I did X-Mas today (Christmas Eve) I got her a much needed day at the spa, she freaking loved feeling like a normal girl! My daughter actually got the spa owner to donate a new wig and they styled it for her, made her feel so special :). She got me El Shaddai, No More Heroes, a couple of Persona figurines I was missing and we also got each other some things for the home and decided we'd both "contribute" some money to a fund for our next vacation. Overall a good Christmas.

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »

i got alan wake
bottle of locally made whiskey
a willis (sears tower) tower lego set
A WILLIAM RIKER figure sitting in the captains chair
these vintage star wars c3po and r2d2 cake topper things in the original package
ganster board game
xbox controller
and a beer and pretzels board game

+1's gave me:
gift card
saveur magazine subscrip
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2011, 01:44:06 AM »

Trying to get stuff for my parents. Planning on getting dad a watch when we actually get to a watch store. I think I bought him some DVDs (or a DVD?) but that was like three days ago and I forgot who actually paid for it. P. sure I paid for one of them at least. Mom is giving no indication of what she wants and is all like"Naw man the Touchpad you got me is good enough," except that was a birthday present. So yeah :|

Parents are hard to shop for :|

Mom got me some russian books and a cheburashka doll, though. Not sure she really knew what Cheburashka is, but I'm all like, fuck yeah, Cheburashka.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: