Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327848 Posts in 13421 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  xmas thread 20!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: xmas thread 20!!  (Read 5222 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »

So whatcha asking for? Whatcha getting?

I got for +1:
new robe. The one I got for her before was shitty so i dropped the coin for a real nice one.
cooking book she wanted from america's test kitchen
some crafting supplies (knitting, etc)
nice wool socks. she got a new job where she's taking the bus / walking instead of driving and she has Reynaud's so this is a good practical gift
some "gourmet" teas
new set of measuring spoons.

She said about my gifts "I don't know whether to laff or cry that the gifts I got you are things  a 10 year old would be happy to get"

I'm not getting my parents anything b/c I'm tired of getting them books/movies or whatever that they never use.

I'll give my niece and nephew some $$$
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:21 PM »

King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Solatorobo: The Red Hunter
Persona 2:Innocent Sin
God of War III
Sonic Generations (360)
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team Complete Collection
Ruroni Kenshin Trust & Betrayal Limited Edition Blu-Ray

I've been a good boy~

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »

What I want for Christmas are the things I dreaded getting when I was younger.

Socks and underwear, please. Especially socks.

A PS3 wouldn't be bad either.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »

I just want Starbucks gift cards so I can be awake 24/7. Maybe other gift cards too. I'm boring... I get a lot of these and tend to spend a ton on Boxing Day.

I've already gotten games and hockey game tickets. People keep asking what I want, but I don't know. Anything but calendars.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »

What I want for Christmas are the things I dreaded getting when I was younger.

Socks and underwear, please. Especially socks.

I feel like getting you some very ridiculous-looking socks now. D:

Did a secret santa exchange. I received a tiny Angry Bird plush, gave someone a pretty little bracelet from this indie store near the university.

Family doesn't do the whole Christmas thing but all of us will be getting together over the break, which is great. I'll probably get some spending money and may buy myself a winter jacket, new boots and a typewriter.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 02:09:59 AM »

All I asked for was The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Then my mom said I had to make a full list. Then when I made it she gave me crap saying I only asked for one thing and... Well here's the list, now that I'm done complaining about nothing.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor OVERCLOCKED, the Hatsune Miku album by Supercell, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Aselia: The Eternal, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition. WHY DO THEY MAKE ME ASK FOR NICE THINGS.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 02:10:57 AM »

All I asked for was The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Then my mom said I had to make a full list. Then when I made it she gave me crap saying I only asked for one thing and... Well here's the list, now that I'm done complaining about nothing.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor OVERCLOCKED, the Hatsune Miku album by Supercell, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Aselia: The Eternal, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition. WHY DO THEY MAKE ME ASK FOR NICE THINGS.

First world problems? >_>;;

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »

Indeed.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 02:15:57 AM »

Indeed.

That was my intent...

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 02:27:40 AM »

Nobody's getting me anything. Fuck Christmas :(
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 02:37:02 AM »

Maybe I make me a present by buying Catherine, I was searching for the game this week and I ended up buying a PSN card of $20 and the mexican magazine of Club Nintendo that comes with a huge poster of Skyward Sword this month.

I would love to get the new Zelda along with KOF XIII (with the soundtrack bonus) but the family is short in money. And either way, if I got some money in Christmas it would be nice but presents is not really a thing that bothers me to get in this season.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 02:38:35 AM »

I actually celebrate Solstice instead, and I've reinstated a bit of an old tradition in my family. Instead of exchanging presents, we pool money and donate to a charity or other humanitarian institution of good repute. I think this year it's actually going to either be Child's Play or the World Wildlife Foundation.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 04:22:51 AM »

I'm hoping for a new hat and wallet. As for my family and friends, I'll hopefully be able to do most of the shopping tomorrow. My sisters wants a videogame or two. There were a few GameCube games on her wishlist (Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros. Melee), but getting her something for the Xbox 360 might be easier. I'll get my brother a new sweater. He needs one. Mom and dad are hard to buy for, so I haven't decided yet.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »

The only thing I specifically asked for was Skyward Sword w/ the Motion Plus controller. Besides that I just linked my wife to my Amazon Wish List. The other top items on it are an Ipod Nano, more Sandman books, new hiking boots(Land's End preferably), numerous items for my garden, and games Like Gears of war 2, Dragon Age 2, etc. 
I really only prefer to get one game for Christmas, though. I get baffled when I see people's lists with so many games on them. Don't you do anything else? Go outside?
My extended family FINALLY came around and agreed to do a Secret Santa exchange this year. No more buying gifts for every single family member. That was ridiculous and stupid, and a waste of money. I got my sister-in-law, who has a 360. I bought her a couple games.

Like Hidoshi, I always give to a few charities as well. I buy a few things for Child's Play every year. I also give to the National Wildlife federation. This year, due to an awesome teacher at my sons Kindercare, I also donated a few bag fulls of items to the local daybreak shelter for the homeless. I'm trying real hard to teach my son that it's important to help out the less fortunate. I tell him that we are nowhere near rich people, but there are ton of others who are way less fortunate than we are. Alright, off the soap box. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:29:57 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »

The magic of Christmas is almost completely lost on me now. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I realized how close Christmas was. I think the slow deterioration of my family and my rapidly changing values are a large part of it. I never ask for anything on Christmas anymore. Not for the past 3-4 years or so. That said, my mom is a real big spendthrift, and likes to go all out on gifts. Not always expensive, but "nice". Well what she considers nice. In the past it's been jewelry and things of that sort, which I'm not partial to and don't wear for more than a month or so. I don't fault her for that at all though, and always appreciate the gesture. Myself, I tend to give more personal gifts I guess. Some appreciate it, some don't. I've written poems, and made photo albums, and stuff like that. This year though my mom really shocked me and bought me round trip tickets to San Francisco. It's a big combination Christmas/Birthday/Graduation gift, but who cares. I've wanted to go there for a few years now and it's always been just out of my grasp. I'm trying to figure out a good book to get her. It doesn't help that I'm almost completely broke though. I think the best Christmas gift I could get is a job offer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: