Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 04:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328024 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atlus Game Announcement Thread - Mark 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Atlus Game Announcement Thread - Mark 2  (Read 9502 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »

Someone wake me when they announce the games, I'll be hiding in a cave.

Same. Is Atlus always like this when announcing games or just this release in particular? I'd like to believe it'll be both games, but don't want to be disappointed later.

They did this with Catherine too. They do it when the game's hype is through the roof.

They weren't nearly as evil with Catherine, though. Fairly.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »

Atlus' previous hints have been a grand total of one e-mail each. With Catherine they sent out an email all in hot pink asking 'DO YOU STILL LOVE US?' With Innocent Sin it was a newsletter dated the day before the original version's release in Japan - 1999.

Never been this drawn out though. Either it's both games or they're really bored and are up for some trolling.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »

There's also Christmas. If they intend to announce both, then drawing it out to be revealed either on Christmas day or the Friday before the weekend would be perfect timing.

But, man, I'm enjoying watching the lead up to this.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »

Atlus' previous hints have been a grand total of one e-mail each. With Catherine they sent out an email all in hot pink asking 'DO YOU STILL LOVE US?' With Innocent Sin it was a newsletter dated the day before the original version's release in Japan - 1999.

Never been this drawn out though. Either it's both games or they're really bored and are up for some trolling.

With Catherine they cut it short after Gamestop leaked the release.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »

Yeah, Christmas will probably be when they have the announcement.
When did this start again? Is Atlus actually doing the 12 days of trolling before Christmas?

Some wicked part of me wants Atlus to publish "God of WaR 4: Tactics" on PSP for the best trolling in video game history.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:13:42 AM by Annubis » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »

Now I'm trying to imagine what God of War Tactics would be like.  I have no clue, but I bet it'd be epic. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:38 AM »

Ha. Day one for me. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 02:00:07 AM »

I would play God of War: Tactics ;)

Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 04:03:11 AM »

They're publishing the Game of Thrones RPG.

Bleh.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 04:09:17 AM »

They're publishing the Game of Thrones RPG.

Bleh.

That's old news, and if it turns out great it doesn't matter. At worst it'll be extra money for Atlus, which I don't think Cursed Crusade can claim.
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »

I'm more or less puzzled by the games they've chosen to publish, but stuff like Rock of Ages has come to have some great critical acclaim so I dunno.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 04:38:13 AM »

I'm more or less puzzled by the games they've chosen to publish, but stuff like Rock of Ages has come to have some great critical acclaim so I dunno.

I think the logic is to look for new niches that aren't wholly addressed, especially with the state of Japanese games and handhelds in the US at the moment plus the fact a lot of their choices beyond their own offerings and bigger stuff from those like From/SNK have been weak. Honestly, beyond the 101 games releases (which seem like cheap dirty money) and Cursed Crusade their non-Japanese choices HAVE been good, with Zeno Clash, Rock of Ages, Trine 2, and hopefully Game of Thrones.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:13:07 AM by Eusis » Logged
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »

That last thread on this was rather epic.It will be missed RIP

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 09:56:40 AM »

Now I'm trying to imagine what God of War Tactics would be like.  I have no clue, but I bet it'd be epic. :)

Let's face it, it would consist entirely of Kratos running around on a grid mowing down everything in sight with maybe a few foot soldiers on hand to act as canon fodder. The tactics would basically consist of choosing which enemy to slaughter first without getting dogpiled in retaliation and when to break out the spells and items. There will of course be a bonus stage that consists of nothing but banging chicks in orgy like fashion.

There may be a few additional characters added to the game solely to give you more than one PC or one real PC and they'll be the usual sniper, staff chick, magic nuke, pack mule, gimmick character. Male PCs not named Kratos will either be bald or guys like Adonis and Perseus and any and all female PCs will be the usual inappropriately dressed, buxom, and bangable (its just that you'll have actual sex minigames in this one rather than just dating simming it up like in Riviera).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 10:32:05 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Greatest Game Ever!!!! lol

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: