Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:40:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327820 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Next "Trails" game announced for PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Next "Trails" game announced for PSP  (Read 4318 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »

I'm a trails fan but I CANNOT do the IOS thing..... hell I can't even do handheld.... Thanks god for the PSP's component cables to TV option..... Anyone know if Vita will sport the same function?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »

Why the heck am I the one defending this move...have you seen the tagline that's been under my name for over a year?  Gaming on phones sucks.  So get one of these.  That's what I did.  With the keyboard dock attached it feels just like a laptop but you can still use it as a tablet if you want.  Actually if I was in the market now I would get one of these...they look super swet.  I'm jealous of anyone who has the new model...

Though they haven't announced platforms yet so I hope they don't ignore Android...

You do realize that the PSP is a completely dead platform (in the West, anyway) at this point, right?  Hell, I love my PSP but I've been playing nothing but Japanese imports on it lately.  But I can't really blame any company that doesn't want to release games on the PSP at this point because nobody buys them.

This move is way better than nothing, which is what we were getting before.

Though I hope to god they worked out some deal with Xseed so that they're still doing the localization.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »

Additionally we're only talking about a JRPG here. If there is one genre that isn't made outright awful by intrusive control interfaces it's JRPGs. If it were an action game like say Mega Man X I'd say that you're an idiot for even considering to see such a game on a device that shares screen real estate with controls.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »

I'm just sad I don't own a smartphone (or even a phone) and won't consider buying one just for these games. :(

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »

You do realize that the PSP is a completely dead platform (in the West, anyway) at this point, right?  Hell, I love my PSP but I've been playing nothing but Japanese imports on it lately.  But I can't really blame any company that doesn't want to release games on the PSP at this point because nobody buys them.

Um, there's this thing called the Vita coming out in February. You might have heard of it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

Um, there's this thing called the Vita coming out in February. You might have heard of it.

You realize that there is no PSN version of the second game (even in Japan) because of technical issues so it's not going to work on a Vita.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »

And they can't just get these translations done for the smartphone versions than placed on other versions because...?

The terrible part is if they get some hacks to translate the rest rather than Xseed or a group like 8-4 to translate them. Besides, the social features are probably frivolous things like posting on Facebook/Twitter what you just did in the game.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there is a chance this benefits the PSP games anyway. They can safely go full speed on the second chapter's translation if they can because worst case scenario they'd only have the phone market, but if it's done fast enough/the niche PSP market has insane staying power they can go ahead and release it there anyway, even if it's an Amazon/GameStop exclusive or something.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:38:30 PM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »

And they can't just get these translations done for the smartphone versions than placed on other versions because...?

The terrible part is if they get some hacks to translate the rest rather than Xseed or a group like 8-4 to translate them. Besides, the social features are probably frivolous things like posting on Facebook/Twitter what you just did in the game.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there is a chance this benefits the PSP games anyway. They can safely go full speed on the second chapter's translation if they can because worst case scenario they'd only have the phone market, but if it's done fast enough/the niche PSP market has insane staying power they can go ahead and release it there anyway, even if it's an Amazon/GameStop exclusive or something and gone within the following 60 seconds.

Fixed, because I've had no luck finding any XSeeD games after their release date. At least phone ports are more than likely digitally released.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »

Fixed, because I've had no luck finding any XSeeD games after their release date. At least phone ports are more than likely digitally released.

Trails in the Sky is in stock on Amazon right now.  In fact, Amazon has had lightning deals on Xseed PSP games like half a dozen times in the last year.  They don't do lightning deals on out-of-stock items, they do them on items that aren't selling and they're trying to get rid of their stock of...

Yeah, these games can be hard to find in your local Gamestop (because they barely stock any in the first place), but did you even look online?

Edit: Going back on topic: "On Twitter, XSEED Games has mentioned to curious fans that no, they're not actually involved."

Boo.  That just killed my enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:44:32 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 12:54:21 AM »

'k, back to terrible news then, because unless we luck out the rest of the games would probably be translated terribly. Hope Xseed can still do it themselves for the rest of the series, unless these are just spinoffs anyway.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 01:03:57 AM »

I'm just sad I don't own a smartphone (or even a phone) and won't consider buying one just for these games. :(

No wonder you never answer! >(
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »

No wonder you never answer! >(

Sweet jesus, what's the bill on that phone bill?

A PS:  I always get really curious when Yoda posts in a very J RPG topic.... 9.8/10 it's because of a stupid post being made.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:19:28 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »

"We won't know for sure what format SC will take in English until much, much later, but Steam seems the most likely and logical choice at the moment."

:(

http://xseedgames.com/forums/showthread.php?1209-Has-Tits-SC-been-confirmed/page24

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »

Hope they can get Trails in the Sky 1 on Steam sooner than later so 1. they can get Falcom to test the waters there (and maybe open it up more for Japanese developers?) and 2. so I can replay the game for 2 unless it DOES hit both PSP and PC here... And even then I'd prefer the sharper PC textures.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:02 AM »

And speaking of iPhone ports, here's an Andriasang article speaking of the iPhone port.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: