Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335183 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Games You'd Like To Give Another Chance And Why?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Games You'd Like To Give Another Chance And Why?  (Read 10373 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »

Roman Orgy was the best disaster in SimCity 3000. I can't tell you how many times my municipal infrastructure completely ground to a halt because my entirely population wouldn't stop fucking.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »

Persona 3....no nevermind fuck that piece of emo shit.

You are going to burn in hell.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »

At least it won't be because i thought my 9mm pistol could summon my inner demon to eviscerate my enemies if I shot myself in the head with it.

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? AMERICANS ARE DUMB AND IMPRESSIONABLE ENOUGH WITHOUT BEING MOTIVATED TO ATTEMPT SUICIDE FOR MORE POWER!

TASTY!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »

Rune Factory 3 - at first I disliked it because it didn't have the monsters tending to the farm part that I loved in the previous game. But I gave it a second chance and now I couldn't put it down.

You can assign monsters to work your farm in RF3. Unfortunately you never should. They just kind of work random spots of the field then stop with a job half done and make you go back over it anyway. And if you tell them to plant seeds they'll just plant level 1 seeds even if the grocery is selling the higher level seeds you've cultivated.

It's a pretty awesome game though. I don't think a lot of people here played it, or at least they didn't talk about it much if they did. They should.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 02:41:24 AM »

At least it won't be because i thought my 9mm pistol could summon my inner demon to eviscerate my enemies if I shot myself in the head with it.

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? AMERICANS ARE DUMB AND IMPRESSIONABLE ENOUGH WITHOUT BEING MOTIVATED TO ATTEMPT SUICIDE FOR MORE POWER!

Well nobody got blamed for it and there wasn't even a squeak about it in the media, so it was obviously no big deal.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 07:39:50 AM »

Think of it this way. At least there won't be any more Americans dumb and impressionable enough to attempt such a thing afterwords. Or are you worried that one day there will be a promise of power tempting enough for you to fall for?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »

Good thing the game was made in Japan then =/
Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »

Not sure it counts as an RPG (but, hey, if Valkyria Chronicles does...) but for anyone who wanted to retry the X-Com games... Firaxis announced 3 days ago that it is remaking the original game for Q4 2012.

This is now the game I'm most eager to see this year.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

If you take ANY videogame that seriously you SHOULDN'T be playing them.

Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »

If you take ANY videogame that seriously you SHOULDN'T be playing them.

Exactly.

You know the best part of all games? It's ALL pretend.

At any rate... This topic has gotten ever so delineated!

Just Greg, thanks.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »

Dark Souls.

Demon's is one of my best gaming memories and was perfectly balanced, IMHO.

Dark Souls? I got bit by some big ass rats before being able to find any poison antidote and died. Then I got passed the rats and got slammed by some high level knight.

I'm all for the gameplay style, but the playing by braille style of dying and starting over dying and starting over is not my jam. I had fun exploring in Demon's, and if I did it's because either I really fucked up, faced a boss for the 1st time, or slipped off a cliff.

I'll give Dark Souls another chance in the summer when things are slow and lazy
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »

Dark Souls.

Demon's is one of my best gaming memories and was perfectly balanced, IMHO.

Dark Souls? I got bit by some big ass rats before being able to find any poison antidote and died. Then I got passed the rats and got slammed by some high level knight.

Yeah, I just read the notes people left and didn't go up there until I was sufficiently leveled enough to take it on. As for the rats, I knew immediately to just stand in the doorway and funnel them so I only had to fight them one at a time. In fact, I'm pretty sure going to a narrow space so you only have to fight your enemies one at a time is a pretty commonly known tactic (it was in 300 I think, or maybe I'm just thinking of a history channel special).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »

Not sure it counts as an RPG (but, hey, if Valkyria Chronicles does...) but for anyone who wanted to retry the X-Com games... Firaxis announced 3 days ago that it is remaking the original game for Q4 2012.

This is now the game I'm most eager to see this year.

I am sooooooo stoked about this!! I have my original PS1 copy of X-Com sitting on display in my living room as a center-piece for an end table... Freakin' loved X-Com.... LOVED IT!!....... which is odd really because typically I don't get into sci-fi stuff at all.... X-Com is not sci-fi to me though.... X-Com is awesome-ness... end of story

But hey on that note, Valkyria Chronicles is one I need to get back to someday.... It totally took a backseat to a play-through of Lunar 2 last winter and I never picked it back up.... To be honest it didn't really impress me as much as I expected, given everyones affinity for the title... But then again I have a real aversion to gun-based war-fare type stuff.... Unless it is X-Com of course :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

Hey after all the assholes I saw walking around with naruto head protectors, nothing can truly surprise me anymore. I have more then enough dislike for the rest of persona 3, but that whole evoker business always threw me off. It just seemed to capitalize on some emo fad I wanted to be no part of. I actually knew a girl who carried around an unloaded handgun when she dressed up as her created character from the persona 3 universe. Did I mention she was a loon?

On topic, I decided to try playing Disgaea again, which I played for only a short while when it first came out. Didn't really get behind the character art so much then, but I played some more of the nippon stuff and started to like it, specifically makai kingdom.

TASTY!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2012, 05:57:10 PM »

I know there is a joke about the existence of honorable suicides in Japanese culture as well as that infamous bestselling suicide manual that has scales of ease, speed, effectiveness, etc. of various methods. 

And if the whole evoker thing bothers you, play Persona 1, 2, or 4 instead. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: