Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327434 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Merry Christmas to everyone!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas to everyone!  (Read 1332 times)
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:22:05 AM »

Well, there is an 'xmas 2011' thread, but it's all about what folks want for gifts and such.

Here, I just wanted to wish everyone a great, Merry Christmas and see what the morning has in store for everyone. It's actually snowing quite beautifully in Ottawa this morning, the Bare Naked Ladies are rockin' Christmas, and I'm surrounded by family - it's pretty rad.

... there's a dog chewing a bone on my foot... I'm worried she's going to mistake my foot...

Enjoy your days, all who celebrate!

Just Greg, thanks.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »

Bah humbug.  *kicks an orphan on the way to work*

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:34:47 AM »

May your friends rejoice and your enemies tremble at the mention of your name. Honour upon you, and your house.

Sincerely, the Klingon High Command
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

I'm in D-Rider's "unhappy" camp.  I'm not working it (this year, but I have...loved double-time-and-a-half :D ).

My mom is goddamned retarded.  She takes two of my brother's pain pills that he takes after his surgery, she comes home stoned (she answered the same question I asked her twice that day and took it with surprise), and goes to bed at 3:30 am, and yells at me when she wakes up late and when I point out what she did as being pretty much her fault.  It's like how you can't tell an alcoholic they're an alcoholic without them flipping out/ denying it.  Well, anyways, she's going to be a joy to deal with today.  I love my mum, but it doesn't necessarily mean I "like" her sometimes.

Hopefully everyone else will be better to deal with.  No gifts yet, quite frankly I'd rather just turn in early, I got an 8.5 hour Boxing Day shift tomorrow, and that ".5" is my break. x(

Watching the Ice Age Christmas Special while I ate breakfast... and I admired the irony of celebrating a holiday millions of years in advance before the man in the holiday's name was even born.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 12:43:35 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

Been feeling misanthropic for a few years. Anybody want to share in an ironic toast?
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »

Merry Christmas!!

No presents for me to speak of.... Though I didn't really expect any... I myself made steam-punk inspired miniatures for everyone I knew. Honestly the lessons I learned crafting them were gift enough for me! I never tried my hand at assemblage art before and it was quite enlightening... In fact, at the suggestion of a few of the recipients, I am doing a few commisioned pieces now and going to produce a series I dubbed "Klyde's Sentience and Metals"

For anyone interested, I will be posting them all to be viewed here http://triscal-goddess.deviantart.com/gallery/34309413

Here is one of the first examples.....

I really hope that picture is not too big......

Anyhow, as for me, I'm taking the day to treat myself to a healthy session in Xenoblade :)

EDIT: Ok that picture is way too big.... I'm sorry, someone forgive me... its christmas.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »

That's pretty cool, Klyde.  You should post links here to the others when you have them - response to that kind of thing is generally really positive. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 04:46:04 PM »

That's pretty cool, Klyde.  You should post links here to the others when you have them - response to that kind of thing is generally really positive. :)

Thank you sooo much!! I will gladly post links... but maybe I should I start a new thread for em, as people may get upset if I keep reviving the christmas one eh? Hahaha... Thanks again

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Perigryn

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »

Watching the Ice Age Christmas Special while I ate breakfast... and I admired the irony of celebrating a holiday millions of years in advance before the man in the holiday's name was even born.

Ha! Good game, Ice Age, good game.

Bummer about the work. Usually I'm there trucking away too, but I made sure I got some good time off this year to fly home for the holidays. The trade off is expensive flight tickets... but family's pretty awesome.

Just Greg, thanks.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »

Spent the day with family and teaching the nephew how to torture my sister with his new drum set.

Best present ever!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »

Thank you sooo much!! I will gladly post links... but maybe I should I start a new thread for em, as people may get upset if I keep reviving the christmas one eh? Hahaha... Thanks again

Yeah, definitely start your own thread when the time comes. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »

I worked on xmas, but I wanted to. Sweet overtime pay!

After that we went to my parents house and I got loaded.

Merry Christmas!!

Can you do some stop motion animation and set it to Tool's "Sober?"

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

Hey wait? It's XMAS!?! When the hell did that happen? I figured I had another couple of months since it's like mid autumn out here. Mowing up all the leaves in my yard in my shorts yesterday and shit.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Perigryn

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »

Hey wait? It's XMAS!?! When the hell did that happen? I figured I had another couple of months since it's like mid autumn out here. Mowing up all the leaves in my yard in my shorts yesterday and shit.

I feel that pain. I came down to southwestern Ontario to visit family, and it may as well be spring here!

Just Greg, thanks.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 07:10:27 PM »

I spent Christmas with Damian (Sensei Phoenix) and his family as well as Dennis (TurnBasedDude). I even got presents for the first time in 7 years. Nothing too extravagant, but it's a nice change of pace. Crowning moment of the weekend was when Damian's son Miles wanted me to read him a storybook (or two... or three). That kid loves his storybooks.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: