Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338010 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Ocean Marketing / Penny Arcade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ocean Marketing / Penny Arcade  (Read 2500 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »

It's commendable that he finally came up with something he had the ability to spell correctly.

He probably stole it from some other website.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

Wow, hats off to the marketing guys. Brilliant way to draw attention to the product. I mean this legitimately, as this is bound to sell tons of Avengers. Come to flame, see the product, buy one.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »

Eh, I dunno, this thing seems like such a specialized piece of hardware (It was invented with specific types of physical disabilities in mind) it seems pointless to spread word in such a roundabout way.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »

A different take on it: http://kotaku.com/5872042/a-beatdown-where-no-one-threw-the-first-punch
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »

That was an absolutely terrible fucking article.  The first swing was from Paul, and it's plain as day.  I first quote Dave, who begins his (justified) complaint after asking when his product would arrive and being told it would not arrive on time:

To: Ocean Marketing
Dec 26, 2011, at 9:47 AM

I noticed the updated info on the webpage, and I donít understand why there is absolutely no benefit given to those like me who have already ordered, and paid their money.  Youíve had my money interest free for nearly two months, yet now ANY new order will get $10 offÖ.meaning I should just cancel my order for 2 controllers, get my money back, then re-order.

My other questions is regarding item compatibility.  Ocean Marketing seems to be involved with the Xtendplay controller holder, so I was wondering if the Avenger N-Controller can be used in conjunction with the Xtendplay (for both Xbox and PS3)?  Thanks

It's a reasonable complaint.  He pre-ordered in advance, yet isn't getting the product on time, and now anyone else that orders will get the item at the same time, except they get it $10 cheaper.  Paul then responds with snark:

To: Dave
Dec 26, 2011 10:14 AM

Yes it can be used with xtend play if you remove the stand and no one is allowed to cancel and re order if we catch anyone doing it we will simply just cancel your order all together and you can buy it retail somewhere else.

Things happen in manufacturing if your unhappy you have 7 days from the day your item ships for a refund. You placed a pre order just like any software title the gets a date moved due to the tweaks and bugs not being worked out and GameStop or any other place holds your cash and im sure you donít complain to activision or epic games so put on your big boy hat and wait it out like everyone else. The benefit is a token of our appreaciation for everyone no one is special including you or any first time buyer . Feel free to cancel we need the units were back ordered 11,000 units so your 2 will be gone fast. Maybe Iíll put them on eBay for 150.00 myself. Have a good day Dan.

THAT was the first punch that initiated the shitstorm that ensued.  Telling a customer that you'll just throw their product on eBay certainly isn't how I'd handle the situation.  Then there's this bit from Paul during an interview:

ďI didnít know who that guy at Penny Arcade was,Ē he admitted. ďIf I had known, I wouldhave treated the situation a little better. PAX is a great show. What he does is what Iíve been idlolizing since I was a kid. Itís admirable heís put that together. He has a lot of connections, ones I want too.Ē

This simple paragraph perfectly encapsulates how this man just doesn't get it.  Who that guy at Penny Arcade is doesn't matter.  At all.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »

Yep, he picked a fight he couldn't win and now he's sorry he isn't able to get away with it. Plus, one swift kick to the digital balls doesn't count as bullying. Now, if Penny Arcade had continued the assault after the newspost and the comic it'd be a different story, but since they didn't...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »

That was an absolutely terrible fucking article.  The first swing was from Paul, and it's plain as day.  I first quote Dave, who begins his (justified) complaint after asking when his product would arrive and being told it would not arrive on time:

Yeah, this isn't just some evasive costumer service bullshit, it's an aggressive asshole being flippant about a customer's order taking too long and making outright ignorant statements.

At best, you can make the case that Gabe shouldn't have aired this out in public and that others (like his wife and child) are being unfairly targeted as a result, but that's more internet assholes in general and SOMETHING big had to happen to shake up that company and make everyone know to not hire this douchebag.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »

He doesn't have a wife btw, though he does have a girlfriend. The guy at first tried to spin it as him being the victim of being bullied, and he was quickly exposed, which is why I have pretty much no sympathy for the guy. This wasn't a case of someone having a bad day and treating one guy like shit, he has done this on multiple occasions and it's been a long time coming for him.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: