Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46763 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »

You know the drill- post your progress in whatever game(s) you're playing.

As for me, a friend created a monster and got me hooked on Princess Maker 2.  So I'm raising a daughter named Artemis Moon (also the name of my bass) and so far she's a badassed, but healthy and well-behaved, fighter/lumberjack/adventurer.

UPDATE:  I finished Princess Maker.  
Code:
My daughter became the general of the king's army.  She didn't like me because I made her take loads of fighting classes and work a lot.  Venus didn't like me because I made my daughter adventure a lot and kill a shitload of monsters (killing monsters made my daughter sinful.)  Basically, the game said I was a heartless parent who concentrated too much on trying to make her a badassed martial artist than a balanced adult.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »

Still playing Sigma Star Saga. The gameplay bores me, and i feel it coudl be so much better. But the style of the game, and interest in the story's kept me going. Currently in early Chapter 4, at any rate.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:04:43 PM »

I just hit Chapter 7 in Xenogears III and the story is finally starting to pick up.  I think it's the best of the 3 games but it's still a bit too heavy on story/cutscenes  for my taste.  Sometimes I have no idea what's going on and have to go into the database to refresh my memory about the past games.  I also started playing Yakuza yesterday.  I'm very early into it but it seems promising.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »

I'm somewhere inside Chapter 8 in Xenosaga three, and am about to infiltrate
Code:
Abel's Ark.

I'm still really enjoying it. Though the last few hours of the game have been a bit fuzzy due to my lack of sleep, the story continues to move along at a nice pace, and is very entertaining.
I'm also about to tackle the Expert level of HaKox. It's a damn fun mini-game, but can really get brutal. I hope the prizes for beating the levels start getting better, though...
Crusader

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 01:07:40 AM »

I just started Enchanted Arms today. I'm only about 2 hours into the game, but so far it's enjoyable. The presentation does not have the epic feel that a lot of the great RPGs do, but the pacing is good and the battle system is agreeable (beats the impressions I have of Final Fantasy XII, though that's a completely different animal). The scripting is rather standard, but the addition of the blatantly gay (and playable) character sets it apart, especially because I found myself laughing out loud a couple of times already. So far it's a pretty darn good first traditional RPG to come to the 360. Once the Mistwalker titles come out, however, I think we'll be the RPG genre really shine on the 360.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:48:20 AM »

Spent a lot of time on PSU already. Man, I love this game to death.

Hit Chapter 8 in Story Mode. And in Extra Mode, I created 3 characters... all of which are level 40+ already. Spent a good 15 - 20 hours on each of them.

Characters & set-up are:

Raine - Female Newman - Hunter
- Handgun (with freezing attribute)/Dagger
- Dagger/Dagger
- Two handed Sword
- Mechgun (with whatever attribute I decide to put at the time)/Cane (with an attack tech, and a healing tech)
- Mechgun (with whatever attribute)/Cane (with debuff techs)

Fifth - Female Cast - Ranger
- Mechgun (with freezing)/Saber
- Handgun/Handgun (with whatever attribute)
- Shot (with whatever attribute)
- Rifle (with whatever attribute)
- Partisan

Dizzy - Female Human - Force
- Handgun (with freezing)/Saber
- Handgun (with shock)/Cane (for attack techs)
- Two-handed Rod (for attack techs)
- Two-handed Rod (for support techs)
- Photon Bow

So yeah, I think I figured out what kind of set up I want for my characters, for when the US version is released. Can't wait to get online. <3

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 01:15:22 AM »

I don't have very much time at the moment and will update later but for today and over the past weekend:

-Put annother three hours into Disgaea 2 and I am enjoying it even more than before. I brought a Pizza into the item world and now I have a level 10 Pizza. Interesting, right ;)

-I recieved Phoenix Wright in the mail today and played through the first case and half of the second. Lots of fun, very enjoyable, funny, sad etc. Looks to be very good in the long run, with the cases supposedly being exponentially longer as they progress (or so I have heard).

-Downloaded the Company of Heros SP Demo and played through the tutorials which were helpful for introducing the gameplay mechanics. I have yet to put some time into the missions and skirmish levels and I hope they are good. GameSpot gave it an 8.9.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 12:10:05 AM »

I'm getting closer to the end of Xenosaga III. I've been sort of obsessed with getting everything in the game, and have wasted a lot of time beating the entire HaKox minigame, so I probably would have been farther if it hadn't been for that dang game... At least the final two prizes were worth it.

Anyway, I just got to the 9th chapter. A whole slew of sidequests just opened up, so I'll probably spend some time on those before tackling the rest of the story.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 12:35:17 AM »

Playing Phantasy Star Universe online every opportunity I get.  The US release on October 24th can't come soon enough, as I tire of moon language.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 02:05:33 AM »

Also playing Phantasy Star Universe. I am playing offline story mode though, I am in chapter 11 of 12 so far and about fifty hours of play time in so far. About 30 hours has been story, the rest has been leveling up doing free-missions and trying to S-rank missions for uber unique items.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »

After spending a couple of days with 'Yakuza', I have to say that it's a pretty sweet game and I recommed that you guys check it out.  Think 'Shenmue' but with a lot more action and a more interesting story.
There's also a ton of shit to do on the side such as looking for all the coin locker keys for which you get useful items, chatting up the ladies at the hostess bars, gambling, batting cages, etc...

The only problem I have with the game is that it's sometimes hard to lock in on the enemy you're fighting, especially against multiple opponents. But you get used to it.  Not perfect, but pretty damned good.

SEGA!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 06:16:33 PM »

I took a short break from gaming because I was pretty burned out from beating a lot of RPGs over the summer, but now I'm back in the swing of things. I've been playing FE: Path of Radiance and am currently in Chapter 17. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but this is the hardest FE I've played so far (I beat the two FEs on GBA). Though now it seems the difficulty isn't so bad anymore. I think I just make it more difficult for myself because I don't use any of the laguz (which are super strong), any of the advanced classes (Titania) and pretty much use underleveled people in my entourage. I have this weird thing of leveling everyone up equally, except Ike who was L20 like in Mission 9.. haha.

There was this one really annoying ship battle where you could talk to Astrid to get her to join, but she just kept dying before I could ever reach her. WTF.  So I had to keep resetting and hope that she would survive the first round of enemy attacks.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 07:35:38 PM »

I finally got out of a slump, and started Atelier Iris. Right off the bat, I was impressed that NIS America included the Japanese vocal track, even though I preferred the English language. :P (Hey, the Japanese voices sounded too cutesy) There are also a lot of funny moments in the game, that are not too commonly found in RPGs.

I played it for about an hour, but it's been rather mellow at the moment. I'm enjoying the turn based battle system, mixed with alchemy. It's kind of fun. I just hope the story picks up speed.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"
There are also a lot of funny moments in the game, that are not too commonly found in RPGs.

If you want funny RPGs, you may want to give Radiata Stories a look too. I haven't gotten far, but it's got some good humor in it.

Quote from: "Miho"
I just hope the story picks up speed.

... Pft hahahaha. Story's one of the worst reasons to play AI. :P
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 09:23:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm getting that impression. Ah well. It is fun, and that's all that counts. It's impressing me more than Tales of Legendia, anyway. :P And yeah, I have Radiata Stories in the pile as well. I'm looking forward to starting that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: