Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335204 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46841 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 11:44:38 AM »

Hmm seems like several other people decided to get back into game at the same time I did.   Yep, I actually played something other than Sudoku.  I played a few hours of Shadow Hearts:  FTNW.  Right now I'm trying to get more Bream coins so Mao can fight against another actor.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »

Got Mega Man Zero 4 and Mega Man ZX for my birthday. Both are pretty awesome, though I'm liking ZX more unsurprisingly.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 11:16:02 PM »

Still truking through Xenosaga III. I'm really blown away by how long this game has lasted (for me at least :P). I heard it was around 30, but I'm well past the 40s. Yeah, I did a lot of extra junk, but still....

I'm really surprised as to how tough the game is. These dozen few hours have had some really tough boss battles!

Anyway, I'll probably wrap this up within the next few days, assuming the pulling of my wisdom teeth doesn't knock me out for the whole weekend.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 02:31:56 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Got Mega Man Zero 4 and Mega Man ZX for my birthday. Both are pretty awesome, though I'm liking ZX more unsurprisingly.

I started ZX too. The story starts out well, and I loved those animation cutscenes.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 11:25:09 AM »

Sudoku - 92%

SH:FTNW -  Finished Mao's sidequest.  I'm ready to wrap this sucker up.  I'm still debating if I should try for the good ending or just finish the damn thing.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 11:30:02 AM »

Thanks to Damian's (Sensei Phoenix) wife addicting me to Princess Maker 2, I managed in my limited free time to complete another scenario.  This time I named my daughter Strapping Younglad and though I thought I was a worse father this time around, she was actually appreciative, though
Code:
I got the domestic training ending where she trains to be a housewife.  Darn, and I thought I'd get a church ending since she took a lot of theology and worked a lot at the church.
 I'll tell you, not going out adventuring certainly cuts down the playing time.  

I still think when she says "Strapping is such a pretty name.  I love it" is funny.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

Persona 3 - I realized I fucked up, so I restarted. Oops.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »

I'm playing System Shock 2, the greatest PC game that doesn't have the word Fallout in the title.  Just finished hunting eggs on the Rickenbacker.

I also dusted off PSO for some dumbass reason.  Don't worry:  the three hit combo is still there.

I'm also playing Beyond Good and Evil again.  I'm not very far in, just past that first real dungeon, but it's still as fun as I remember it being.

I also decided to restart Harvest Moon:  Magical Melody as a female, just because I like the idea of having a woman knocked up and doing farming chores.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »

With school starting I didn't have time to update that post so I figured I'd just post more details here.

Phoenix Wright, as you might have heard before, is flippin' awesome. I finished the second case which I thought was a tad drawn out because of the  10 or so testimonies of the last witness, but other than that the game is constantly getting better. Highly recomended for those of you who have never played it before.

I was able to play the Company of Heroes demo a bit more last night and enjoyed it. There are times I wished there was a button where I could pause the game and take my time in looking at the battlefield and giving orders to the squads, but then again I've never been great at playing RTSes. That being said, it did a pretty good job of being accessable to new/inexperienced people to the genre. The graphics are really good, and while there was some slowdown I have heard that it has been ironed out in the full release. I think I might "acquire" the game to play a little bit more and see whether it's worth my $50 or not. I also hear that there's no copy protection (like GalCiv 2), so that gets major brownie points in my book.

That's all for the time being. Yay school :|
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 12:37:38 AM »

Xenosaga III:

Code:
A friend has thiefed it from me for a little while. So, I'm right at the Yuriev fight. What a pushover.

Disgaea 2:

Code:
Chapter 4. Yeah, I'm behind. Just leveling up some on 4-3.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »

Beat MMZ4, which makes this the only Megaman series where I've beaten every installment. The closest before was the original series, where I've beaten 6 out of 8 (9 if you count MM&B). Will focus fully on ZX now.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 12:59:51 AM »

Chapter 25 in FE: Path of Radiance. This game is giving me a headache.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »

I'm at July in Persona 3 and I maxed out the Chariot Commu. I have a Persona for every elemental attack so I can get through most normal battles without too much trouble now. Bosses, on the other hand...

I'm dating Takeba for the Love Commu, but I kicked Junpei out of my party. I hate that guy. Aegis ftw.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »

Finished Dead Rising. The ending was... frustrating, to say the least. After trekking through thousands upon thousands of zombies and slaving away trying to rescue dumb-as-bricks survivors I was hoping for something a little more satisfying than
Code:
Frank stranded on top of a tank, screaming at the horde of zombies he ultimately couldn't escape. I wish there was a more "visual" ending... plain text just didn't cut it for me.

The idea of the inevitable sequel excites the hell out of me, though.

I'm currently playing through the game (at least) one more time. Achievement points are the virtual crack of the gaming world.

I'm also thinking about buying Okami. I've been looking forward to that game for a long time, and after reading IGN's review my anticipation has skyrocketed.

[/url]
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the intricasies(sp?) of the battle system of Disgaea 2(Just started episode 3).  The game is great but i've never been all that good at SRPG's to begin with.  Still haven't beaten FF:Tactics.

I'm also playing NHL '07(PS2). Great game

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: