Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46751 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 11:52:36 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Been playing assorted X Box Live Arcade games... and loving them. Time Pilot, Scramble, and -especially- Mutant Storm Reloaded.

Still on the fence about Okami. I want it, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the $50. My car's been acting up and I think repairs to that take priority, unfortunately D;

I bought it.  It should be here on thursday or friday (probably friday).  I was going to start a thread on it in the misc. games so I'll let you know how it is.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59:54 AM »

Everluck -  You must drive near construction.  I had 3 flat tires in a span of 8 months (different tires too).  Did you get that warranty for your new tire?  I got it for mine so they replace it for free within a certain amount of months (forgot the exact lenght of time).  Anyways, it sounds like you need a new car.  There comes a point where it is better to get a different car than sink money into one on its last legs.

Anyways, I didn't realize Okami was only $39.99.  I guess I'll pick it up when I see it.  I'm waiting for Yakuza to go on sale until I pick that one up.

I got Cooking Mama and played it for a few hours.  It's bringing out my OCD tendencies.  I repeat the recipies over and over until I get a gold medal.  I'm having a lot of fun so far.  

I also tried out Xenosaga III for a bit last night.  I'm still in the tutorial part.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 12:31:04 PM »

I don't drive near much construction, but the roads on the way to work are pretty bad. I didn't pay attention to any warranty for the new tire, so I'm outta luck there :(

I wanted to buy a new car, but my dad's warned me not to unless I can find someone to sell my current one to. Personally, I'd be content with just scrapping it. But seeing as how he bought it for me, I figure I should listen to what he wants.

Game wise, more XBox360. Some PGR, some Call of Duty 2. Lots of XBL Arcade.

[/url]
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 01:12:45 PM »

Finished floor 190 of Tarutaros Tower, and have a lot of Commus high/maxed. I also made a few of the strongest Personae, like Surt and Thor, though my rampant flirting and charming people in the game have gotten a few of my commus pissed at me from lack of attention. Oops. Also, the game's main character is involved in the story much like the main character in Star Wars KotOR was. One of the most important story twists involves him. Really great stuff.

Current playtime is 46 hours.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »

Recently bought Eternal Darkness, and I've found it to be much better this time round. I completed the game on the Xelot'ath storyline, and now I'm onto the Ulyaoth one. Admittedly, it's hardly different (just the main enemies and a few of the cutscenes), but it means the game lasts a bit longer.

Bought and finished God of War, too. Man, the final boss is a bitch.
Code:
I'm talking about that bit where Kratos has to kill about 6 billion versions of himself - Ares is easy by comparison.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 09:50:44 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Quote from: "everluck"
Been playing assorted X Box Live Arcade games... and loving them. Time Pilot, Scramble, and -especially- Mutant Storm Reloaded.

Still on the fence about Okami. I want it, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the $50. My car's been acting up and I think repairs to that take priority, unfortunately D;

I bought it.  It should be here on thursday or friday (probably friday).  I was going to start a thread on it in the misc. games so I'll let you know how it is.

Beat ya to it.

But I can say it is a damn good game. It's fun, humorous, and gorgeous. The camera is the only thing giving me some trouble, but not enough to detract from the experience.

Anyway, yea, 2.5 hours into Okami. Just rejuvenated the second Sakuya Sapling and exploring the area I'm now in. It's a lot of fun when you rejuvenate something because watching the return of color and life is just so amazingly fun.

More later.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 10:22:18 AM »

Suikoden V - I am now in the Ceras(Sindar?) Ruins. For some reason, this area seems a lot harder than the previous areas. Enemies are really kicking my ass. What the hell?! Too damn expensive to buy the best armor for everybody, and the exp sytem in this game normally keeps everything leveled out. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »

You're not...it's just the game telling you that this is your first real leveling up area. Oh yeah and that it's really kicking off the full story now.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 06:01:17 PM »

Like Dade said it's going to be tough until you level up. I'd say just get through it as fast as possible and then continue with the story. Also, the boss in that area is a real pain, so make sure you are well prepared.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 10:33:25 PM »

I've sort of been goofing off in Disgaea 2. I played for...what, five hours today, and only completed three story maps or so. The rest of the time was spent spamming stat decreasing with my mages on eachother and watching as they leveled up without killing anything. Nice :P

I've also been screwing around with the Dark Council. Bribing drunk councilmen with candy so I can be reborn as a Prinny? Awesome.

This game is really enjoyable. It might be a while before I put this down.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2006, 01:22:47 AM »

Almost finished with Persona 3, I'm on floor 228 of Tarutaros with some of the strongest Persona in the game. I'm only level 70 though so I can't make Satan or Lucifer yet.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2006, 05:36:11 AM »

Wow, really annoying. I just beat Xenosaga Episode 1 (catching up with everyone) and my game decided to freeze on me halfway through the ending sequence. Thank God for Youtube. Additionally my Gamecube decided to die on me, and I was about to beat Fire Emblem (around Chapter 29 or something). Life's great!

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:33 AM »

I beat Golden Sun after, oh, like, two years of randomly playing it for 15 minutes at a time.  Now to track down the second game.

La Pucelle is on it's way in the mail, so I need to finish Disgaea before it gets here.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »

Snagged Breath of Fire III (EU) today, and started to play it.  Not quite as impressive of a port as Tales of Eternia, but BoF3 did come over 2 years earlier.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »

Xenosaga III -  Chapter 2.  I spend most of my time reading the database.  I like it a lot so far, though I haven't hit a dungeon yet.  I think I'm fixin' to shortly though.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: