Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 05:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341042 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 47305 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »

I picked up MK: Armageddon yesterday.  The Konquest mode is improved over the previous attempt and the Motor Kombat is mildly entertaining for a while.  The 60(ish) playable characters give this one a lot of life and the Create a Fighter is really cool and in-depth. My favorite thing though is the new make your own fatality.  You can get like a 10-chain fatality which is pretty sweet if u ask me.  Other than that it's basically the same but with some minor improvements over the core fighting mechanics.

btw, The Krypt stuff you can unlock is not nearly as good as in the previous games and I kind of miss the puzzle and chess kombat mini-games.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2006, 12:24:39 AM »

Finished up VP2 today. I'm not really sure what to think of the ending, but for the most part, I thought it was appropriate. I wish I got to see what the heck happened to Arngrim, though.
I didn't save over my file to get the harder difficulty, though. That way I'll be able to head straight into the secret dungeon without having to replay the entire game (though I don't know when I'll be getting to it...).

I'll either start Tales of the Abyss tomorrow, or continue to mess around in Disgaea 2. It's a toss up right now :P
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2006, 03:22:57 AM »

13 hours into VP2.  Just killed the lame boss in the haunted mansion place.  Finally got the double exp sealstone, which is making the game much more enjoyable for me, along with making it a lot easier.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2006, 08:50:41 AM »

s   l   o   w   l   y   playing through Suikoden V. I'm in Lelcar now, preparing for a ship battle, I think. The battles have been my favorite part of the game so far.
I'm tempted to stop by Gamestop on my way home and pick up Okami. I REALLY want to play that game.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2006, 09:34:13 AM »

About 4 hours into VP2. The game looks great and plays great, but the story and characters blow...similar to SO3. You play it cause it's fun, not because there's a great novel to unveil, atleast that's how I feel about it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2006, 09:59:56 AM »

Just finished Xenosaga Episode II. God, Shion is a bloody moron, I'm glad they ignored her for most of the game. I am looking forward to Episode III. Will Namco release it in Europe? If so, I should ask the boss if he could arrange a reviewcopy for me. If not... I guess I'll have to import it, I need to know how it ends and I already have the urge to spoil myself rotten by reading the script...
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »

XS3 is less story focused than 2, I feel, but the gameplay is worlds better. It's much longer as well, it took me about 50 hours doing almost everything (I think).

XS3 is probably the best all around game out of the 3.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2006, 11:29:39 AM »

DQ8 - 76 hrs:  
Code:
Fought Marcello and Neos flew up into the sky.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2006, 11:43:02 AM »

So I decided I dont give a shit for most of my other characters in VP2 and I am going to stick with my party of Rufus,Alicia, Mithra, and Arngrim. I can unleash a serious ass kicking with them as it is, especially with the Divine Time Giver. I actually think it makes the combos a little trickier to pull off right, cause if you hit on character who already went, you use double AP. Great for when you need that one extra attack though.

I am about to go into the volcano and own it. I hope to get the mansion done so I can get the Exp Sealstone too.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2006, 01:43:44 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
s   l   o   w   l   y   playing through Suikoden V. I'm in Lelcar now, preparing for a ship battle, I think. The battles have been my favorite part of the game so far.
I'm tempted to stop by Gamestop on my way home and pick up Okami. I REALLY want to play that game.

I think you need to, man....it's fucking GOOD.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
XS3 is less story focused than 2, I feel, but the gameplay is worlds better. It's much longer as well, it took me about 50 hours doing almost everything (I think).

XS3 is probably the best all around game out of the 3.

I don't mind if it's less story focused, as long as I get my answers, I want to know if I'm right about a few things. I remember saying KOS-MOS reminded me of Lenneth when the first episode was just released and I want to know to what extent my comparison was correct.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2006, 02:03:08 PM »

VP2:Beat that fucking Volcano. I cant believe it took me like 2 hours to figure out that your not supposed to jump on the bridge in there. I am about to go Chateau Obsession. Does anyone know if Training and the Exp Stone stack? Training is -20% stats and +50% exp, and the stone is 2x exp, so do you get a real fat bonus for both? I am not trying to power level too much, as I am pwning everything so far. I just dont really replay many RPGs, so I like to kinda max them out.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »

Checked out the PSU beta on XBL... pretty bland overall. Doesn't seem like a huge advancement since PSO. It's kind of cool how you can use a sword and a gun at the same time now, but since the combat is still sort of stiff and slow and the one-handed swords are as weak as the guns are, it's sort of a weak addition. I haven't tried any missions with a party yet, but I'm assuming it has pretty significant lag issues (people are warping all over the place in the lobby and sometimes they phase out and disappear completely). I went to one world and fought through 4 or 5 guys, and felt just like I was playing PSO.... except for one thing. The camera. I dunno if anyone else has noticed it yet, but the camera has a weird tendency to kind of jerk in and out on your character. It might be that I just haven't played PSO in a while, but I played the game for about fifteen minutes and had to stop because I was getting motion sickness :/

Oh well, it's only a beta.

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Checked out the PSU beta on XBL... pretty bland overall. Doesn't seem like a huge advancement since PSO. It's kind of cool how you can use a sword and a gun at the same time now, but since the combat is still sort of stiff and slow and the one-handed swords are as weak as the guns are, it's sort of a weak addition. I haven't tried any missions with a party yet, but I'm assuming it has pretty significant lag issues (people are warping all over the place in the lobby and sometimes they phase out and disappear completely). I went to one world and fought through 4 or 5 guys, and felt just like I was playing PSO.... except for one thing. The camera. I dunno if anyone else has noticed it yet, but the camera has a weird tendency to kind of jerk in and out on your character. It might be that I just haven't played PSO in a while, but I played the game for about fifteen minutes and had to stop because I was getting motion sickness :/

Oh well, it's only a beta.

Yeah for a game that comes out in like....10 days.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2006, 08:24:11 PM »

I started Okami today after recieving it for my birthday. I played up to the village and saved there after exploring and seeing what I could do. The Celestial Brush is one of the coolest weapons in video games. My only complaint so far is the gibberish. Almost all of the voices are really annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: