Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 06:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331926 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46491 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2006, 10:36:07 PM »

Super Robot Wars: Alpha 3
I had it for a few months now so I just play it here and there. Despite understanding japanese, I still find it a lot of fun to me. I play a lot of RPG's with god story so occasionally I can deal with not understanding the story.

~Space Route~
Stage 32:
Fairly easy stage though the boss was annoying. Mainly Macross 7 enemies that I mauled with some units. Hated the boss (along with a side boss) due to such high resist in damage except for song (yes song0 attacks from one unit only.

Stage 33:
Oh my freakin god, that was a nightmare that ive been through. Five powerful bosses with a countless swarm of brutal enemies and only a few units in my disposal.  Winded up screwing up in the middle of the stage and so I decided to not attempt the skill point anymore since it is such a huge pain and I already missed several for the good stuff in the end. After a couple of hours, I manage to endure for 9 turns and glad to see the intermission screen again.

I did wind up gaining 295k at that lvl and got all the gundam units back so time to go set up the teams again when I play again.

Easily the best import RPG I ever played thus far and it sucks it won't be licensed though I fully understand the issue.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2006, 01:10:45 AM »

Today was a very exciting day for me. Not only did the PSU beta come out (see the thread in Console RPGs for my opinion on that), but I was able to go to the Digital Life conference in New York and was able to get my hands on some pretty amazing stuff.

For the basics: Guitar Hero 2 is pretty sweet but I don't really see how they could botch that, so think of it as Guitar Hero with more songs and a Bass option. Hellgate: London was there running on two computers and while it was a lot of fun, they basically had the game running on God mode so it was pretty much just running around and beating the shit out of low level monsters. Konami had some pretty interesting stuff such as Metal Gear Portable Ops. which I stupidly didn't try, and Elebits which I most definately did try.

Elebits is for the Wii BTW. Yes, I played the Wii. It was quite fun.

I also got my hands on Rainbow Six Vegas for the 360 which was fun, but I kinda like the 3rd-person-view a la GRAW, and the controls were kinda confusing. I also got to play Neverwinter Nights 2, but that lasted all of 10 seconds, considering I couldn't figure out what to do, much less figure out the controls. They had two PS3s there, one with Resistance and one with some basketball game, but frankly I wasn't incredibly interested in waiting 45 minutes for either.

Some things I would have wanted to try were MGPO, Phantasy Star Universe (single player), the updated FFXII demo, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Gears of War (although I don't think they actually had it there).
arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »

I just started playing Valkyrie profile:2 Silmeria. I can say that this is one hell of a game. Beautifull muisc form the start of the game. with awosome game graphic.

god is god
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2006, 08:08:24 PM »

DQ8 -  Yes!  I finally beat this game.  I'm not going for the second ending since I'm all DQ'd out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »

I've now played through Okami twice. In total I've spent just about 70 hours with the game over the past three weeks. Completed the second playthrough in 24 hours and 36 minutes. I think I'm finished with the game for the time being, though I'll definitely be playing it again in the future.

In all my time playing video games there have only been three games that I have played through in their entirety again after I finished them for the first time. They are Chrono Trigger, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and now Okami.

I'll sure miss ya Clover Studio, but thanks for all the fun!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2006, 10:17:44 PM »

We can always hope for a good spiritual successor.

Got about 10 hours into VP2, did some stuff in the City in Okami, and played the fuck out of PSU's beta. Unless this grows old fast, I'll definitely be subscribing to this.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:52 AM »

I started up Tales of the Abyss today. It isn't all that special so far, so I'm hoping things start to pick up. I'm only 4 hours in, mind you, so there's plenty of room for improvement :P

Code:
I just finished up the whole Tantulus ordeal, and made my final save in Saint Binah.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2006, 09:18:07 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
DQ8 -  Yes!  I finally beat this game.  I'm not going for the second ending since I'm all DQ'd out.

I bet that felt great. I am 57 hours and change into that game and I cant bring myself to get back into it. I didnt even get the bird yet. Maybe someday.....

I am about to go finish my little power level session in VP2. I do want to get the goodies from the chars you need to level. I have been told they are game breakers, but I dont care. It feels great when I just crush mobs and break them into bits.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2006, 10:22:34 PM »

Weekend Part 2: Rehash Edition!

I went to digital life again on saturday to get my hands on a few other things. I got to play War Pigs (bass part) in GH2 which was hella fun. I also tried my hand at Splinter Cell Double Agent (which was fun until it froze). The biggest thing that interested me there was FFXII, which was fun (I played the first 20 minutes of it, instead of loading up one of their later game saves, which was stupid of me) but it looked really, REALLY bad. So many jaggies and the screen looked really pixelated, which I'm sure is just a problem on their TV because all the shots of the game I have seen looked really nice.

Otherwise I spent the rest of my gaming weekend trying to make the PSU Beta and the SCDA Multi Demo work on my Xbox. The PSU servers were constantly full, all weekend, which lead to no playing for all of saturday, and most of today. What I did get to play today was rather dissapointing. I decided to go to the Japanese planet because everyone was like "It's so pretty!" Unfortunately, the mission level was 11 levels higher than my level, so I had a bit of a hard time. Had it not been for the lack of death penalty I don't think I would have gotten through the first two waves of enemies. Then my Xbox froze and I called it a night.

I've decided that I'm probably not going to purchase PSU, because what I've experienced hasn't been spectacular. I'll probably rent it for the 360 to get some of the higher scoring achievements, but no online for me.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2006, 11:42:59 PM »

Superflat:  The jaggie issue is mainly when you play a 640x480 game on a 1920x1080 TV.  Happens with a big chunk of PS2 games.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2006, 03:15:13 PM »

I'm playing the PSU demo lately and it seems pretty good so far.  I found some helpful people early on who gave me pointers on weapons and such and even went so far as to give me some cash to get started.  It brings back fond memories of PSO for the Dreamcast but I doubt i'll be subscribing due to lack of extra money:(

Also been trying to get back into Vagrant Story but 'Snowfly Forest" is just a huge headache to me:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2006, 05:47:10 PM »

Also been trying to get back into Vagrant Story but 'Snowfly Forest" is just a huge headache to me:P

The first dungeon of that game put me off of it indefinitely. I still own it, I still try to play it occasionally. I want to like it, really. But the near-silence of the dungeons just doesn't sit well with me.

I bought Enchanted Arms earlier today and I've been playing through that... about four hours in at
Code:
some military base in a forest... I tried playing through this "fire temple" thing and was, in a word, slaughtered. So I said screw that and continued the main quest.

It's alright. I like the battle system. I like the Golems. I don't like (read: just about hate) the "talking heads" system it uses for dialogue. It feels needlessly tacked on. Everything else is smooth sailing so far.

[/url]
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2006, 01:18:51 AM »

Been playing lots of Beatmania. One day I will be able to beat Colors (Radio Edit) on Hyper mode. One day... I'm like 4% closer from getting a pass.

I hope they come out with a Beatmania 2 sometime soon. The tracklist for the first one really sucks. More hard songs please. More cool songs please.

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2006, 06:34:32 AM »

Complete Xenosaga 3. Gets a 10/10 from me, best game I've ever played.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"
Complete Xenosaga 3. Gets a 10/10 from me, best game I've ever played.

Probably the best of the 3 overall, and the series is a top 5 game for me. Pitty it won't sell...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: