Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 10:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338145 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 47089 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »

Ah yes, XSIII is a great game.  I love that you can view the movies at any time after seeing them.

Devil Summoner:  Episode 9 (~28 hrs in).  I'm having fun so far.  The last few episodes went by quickly so I plan on having a leveling/fusion session tonight.  Some of my demons aren't up to par with the enemies.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »

Just over the 30 hours mark in VP2. I almost have Leone leveled to 40, and Arngrim is like 41. I am going to level Celes and Dylan to
Code:
take Arngrim and Leone's place after the upcoming event.

I am thinking I may try and sneak in Devil Summoner after VP2. I dont think VP2 will last until FF12.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »

I've kept all my characters in VP2 so far. I have gaming OCD so the whole free soul thing bugs me :D
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »

VP2: Just started Chapter 4. I am using Celes/Alicia/Dylan/Rufus. I am dying to get Rufus the Dismantle skill. As far as I am concerened, the game is over when he gets that skill.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2006, 09:15:17 AM »

Tried the mines in chapter 3 in VP2 and got my ass handed to me by the boss. Maybe I should go where I'm supposed to...
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2006, 11:48:37 AM »

Devil Summoner - Episode 10 (~32hrs).  Leveling to fill up the loyalty is easy but unlocking the special attack or defense and the special boost is taking a long time now that I have high level demons.  I try to pass on quick study to all my demons so leveling goes faster.  I also sold all the vases so I have a lot of money.  Once I level them up I'll register them and then buy them so I can fuse them.

Currently Reading: 

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »

I beat Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime. It was a fun game overall. It reminded me of a few games blended together, such as, Zelda, and Mario & Luigi. There are still some extras I could do, but I'm basically done with it.

I managed to buy a brand-new Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game. It was brought to my attention at Gamestop, and I was thrilled to have bought it. This game doesn't disappoint. All the hype is worth it. It further solidifies my interest for the graphic adventure genre. I'm currently on Chapter 3, and just about done with it. The story is quite gripping. You actually feel like you're a part of the drama. Tense indeed.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2006, 04:39:07 PM »

So is Devil Summoner a winner? I havent gotten a clear yes or no on that one, just marketing jumbo. "Oh its like all the other SMT games mixed in real time". The box just looks awesome though. I almost want to buy it based on the box alone.

I finished chapter 4 in VP2. What a story intense little chapter that was. I went ahead and met the little power leveling challenge for chapter 3 and 4. I had everyone set to go before I finished the last dungeon in chapter 3. It kinda took awhile and I still knew what was going on, but forgot a few little details. This allowed chapter 4 to blow my mind. It was intense and really makes me want to really finish the game.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Ah I see you got it already Haven.  I hope you enjoy it like I do.

Anyways, I'm in episode 11.

Currently Reading: 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

Suiko V is kinda boring me so I bought Okami. Played for about 2 hours last night.
I love the look of the game. Lots of animation.
Haven't had a chance to do much yet. I'm in that first town. Just "helped" Rosano(I think that was his name) bust the rock.
There is defintely a bit of quirkiness here that I didn't anticipate. Hopefully, it doesn't ruin the experience for me. Issun is my main concern.
Overall, it seems like it's going to be a fun game.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2006, 12:16:40 AM »

Draggon Quest: Rokcet Slime

Wanted to catch up with some games I couldnt get due to saving money and felt liek something quick so I picked up Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime.

I gotta say, I like it quite a lot and better than I expected. Tank battles are fun and liked the lightheartedness of it, plus slimes rule!

Been burning through the game most of the day and I already managed to
get 73/100 slimes :)

Good stuff!

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2006, 11:54:21 AM »

Played Devil Summoner last night for a bit.  I did the 2nd 100 enemy battle thing.  I died a few times but beat it on my third try.  Luckily I saved since there was a freak power outage last night while I was playing.

Currently Reading: 

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2006, 05:25:59 PM »

I just started playing Contact for the DS.  I like it, personally, but I can definitely see why it has the mixed reviews that it does (especially regarding the battle system.)

See the Contact thread in Console RPGs for my initial impressions.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2006, 05:53:33 PM »

I just played a bit more to Suikoden V and only Lucretia join my party and watched the first battle in boat on the river, was easy...

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2006, 09:30:43 PM »

I've just entered the Gale Shrine. I hope I don't have to go back and forth between places like I did to find all of those dogs. I wonder how far through the game I've gone. I'm guessing not even 1/2 way through the game.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: