Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331378 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46454 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2006, 09:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "Sazabirules"
I've just entered the Gale Shrine. I hope I don't have to go back and forth between places like I did to find all of those dogs. I wonder how far through the game I've gone. I'm guessing not even 1/2 way through the game.

Sadly, you do have to go around to find all of the dogs. If you use mermaid coins it makes the trip a LOT faster.

I picked up GRAW again so I could get that off of my To Do list, and lo and behold, it has been completed. Kind of a bad ending, but then again you cant really have a great plot in a tactical shooter game. A second thing that bugged me was that I was missing roughly five level completion achievments, which sucks because I don't want to go beat the levels again.

I also grabbed the Tony Hawk's Project 8 demo off of the Xbox Live Marketplace, which was a refreshing change of pace from the more story oriented stuff I've been playing recently. So I played that for a good long while, but then it kinda just became Tony Hawk with better graphics. I mean, I skipped the past two installments so it was refreshing at first to come back to something I really enjoyed, but it's really just the same game with a fresh coat of paint. I think I'll read reviews before I purchase.

On a totally game unrelated note, I took the PSAT today and thought I did pretty well, but it made today feel a hell of a lot like a Friday, which sucks, because tomorrow's Sunday. Where'd my Saturday go? :(

OH! Almost forgot, my local BestBuy got the Guitar Hero 2 10 song demo with two guitars hooked up to it, so I got to play some new songs like Psychobilly Freakout and Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart (or something to that manner). Lot's of fun. I also got to play the bass part to YYZ, which was hella awesome.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »

Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime

I managed to blaze through it with all 100 slimes along with a few monster staues and so on at 11 hours, so I will still play it here and there to get the bonuses and I just beat c rank in the Tank Masters battle.

Contact
Got up to fort Eagle and some enemies can hit hard so just mostly grinding. The comedy can be hit or miss to me, but enjoyable for the most part.

Code:
The whole "Attack it's weakpoint for massive damagae" from the Sony E3 conference is in the game. Changed the begining to hit it's or hit his weakpoint, but same idea for the most part. No encounter with giant enemy crabs thus far :p Also I encountered Snake!

Devil Summoner
Finished episodes 3 and 4, days ago. Was grinding quite a lot in episode 3 ,and was mostly going through epiosde 4. I defanitely need to improve my magic some more to buff up the demons, and find some nice spot for exp and yen once more.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »

Fire Emblem VI needs to stop being so hard.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »

Some shocking events in my VP2 game. I have cleared the first 3 bosses in the SG and I finally got that dam sealstones that switched your stones with the enemies. I walked into the the 3rd floor fight not realizing what was going on. (Dismantle + Blue Gale Bow or whatever its called ftw) I still cant seem to get my hands on some blue Reverse runes. I think that is all I am missing to make the Force Field 5000 skill, which would make me basically unkillable. Even the 4th floor boss wasnt hitting me that hard. Great game, and a very fun extra dungeon. I really need to play all the way through VP1 now.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2006, 06:49:55 PM »

Almost 20 hours into Enchanted Arms... 58% completion I believe. It's not half bad. The dialogue still gets to me, but I like the story sequences. The battles have a really nice difficulty ramp to them, too. Everything's a challenge, but even most bosses can be defeated if you use a good strategy. The only thing I've needed to level grind so far was
Code:
the battle between Raigar and Ooka... that was really ridiculously difficult.

But I'm to blame for that, since I never really worked on raising that particular character's stats.

It's fun. The fast forward option in battles should become standard.

[/url]
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »

Quickie: Played more GRAW and THP8 Demo today. Tony Hawk is still as addicting as it was 2 years ago, and it's begun to grow on me again. Purchase still pending reviews. Started a new campaign in GRAW to get the first few level achievements, but stopped at one of the more hellish levels (which also happened to be the last level I needed to get an achievement for).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

3 hours into Contact and have two of the cells. Sicne I'm afraid of going through it too quickly, I won't make this a top priority. On the other hand, when I do that I usually forget about a game, so... Bleh.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »

Devil Summoner - I'm in the last episode and plan on wrapping this sucker up tonight. This game is killing my hands.  I must finish soon.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »

Okami - Played through the first "dungeon", if you can call it that, and am now having fun running around the field area. I love the whole "brush" thing, and its very satisfying to see what you can do with it. I'm having a good time so far. Fun game.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2006, 09:34:41 PM »

I'm at the 2nd major boss battle in Contact and it's not an easy one.  Thing with some boss battles is that this boss and the previous one did attacks that were impossible to avoid.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2006, 12:08:08 PM »

Devil Summoner -  Beat it, clocking in around 43 hrs.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »

Got back into Okami today.  I think I'm going to dedicate the next week or so to completing the game. IT RULES!!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »

Got PSU, a little over an hour in finished chapter 1. The voice acting is mostly fine, but it's not as good as some other games - but I think the motions and the writing are also to blame there. Still, this isn't a Baten Kaitos or anything, and several of the 32-bit dubs, so it's not a big deal.

As for the game itself, it's weird to go from the near-perfect framerate of the X360 version, to the much less smooth PS2 version. Otherwise, it's more or less what I was expecting gameplay-wise.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2006, 10:46:39 PM »

My friend told about this game for the GBA, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. It was fun for a little bit but after three hours, and after realizing that I have too much stuff to play and there was really too much stuff to do in the game, I figured I'd put it down. That and it was way too addicting.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »

Contact is still kicking my ass.  I'll need to do some grinding... after midterms, though.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: