Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327331 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 45696 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2006, 11:08:23 PM »

Yeah, Contact's surprisingly 'hard'. People bitch about VP2 but I was only 'challenged', and just died a handful of times. But Contact, it constantly feels like a giant wall is erected, blocking progress every time I encounter a new enemy. However, that's more or less solved by hardcore grinding.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2006, 08:35:39 AM »

My thing with Contact is that, with the first couple of boss battles at least, there's really little strategy element.  I mean, both have area attacks that drain your HP and there's nothing you can do about it, short of having lots of quick digestables.  So, gotta grind and have an assload of HP to endure.

I approve of this nonsense!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »

I kind of thought with the golem boss, he doe's some attack that always seems to hurt me, but thought I kept messing up somehow, but looks like it is an unavoidable attack. Yeah, contact can be a real grindfest. Just grindidng a bit in the desert now.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2006, 02:50:43 PM »

Touch Detective -  I solved one case already (there are a total of 4 cases with a bonus stage).  I love the art style; it's freaky and cute all at the same time.  As for the cases, the one case I worked on was pretty zany (stolen dreams), so having to do weird stuff seems okay to me since the world and characters are all off the wall.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »

Just got through the lightening forest place in VP2. Man that boss (and level) was a bitch.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2006, 03:41:57 PM »

Devil Summoner:  I made it to Episode 10 last night.  Since the last few episodes have been pretty short, I imagine I'll put the final nail in this before the weekend hits.  The difficulty is finally starting to ramp up a bit:  I finally saw the game over screen last night.  Like most SMT games, it's an interesting one. :P

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

Still playing around in the SG in VP2. I cant seem to get the clone enemies to drop any of the good weapons or armor. I want to do a few more releases, but I dont want to bother with crappy weapons. Even the ones I can make arent nearly as good. 99 of a single stat boost is good enough for me. I use psychosoma on all my characters, as I have an ass load of mages to send up and get the massive MAG boost.

I am also almost through the first chapter in Devil Summoner, at least I think so. I am taking my time and getting all of the demons I can and messing with each. I am looking for that special one, but I just havent found it yet.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2006, 09:53:55 AM »

Started Xenosaga III a few days I ago, but I couldn't continue playing, I had a lot of work to do and I promised my brother I would wait for him to catch up. He finished Episode II today (thank god, I was getting sick of him constantly restarting, he is such a perfectionist!) and just started Episode III. I'm really looking forward to this game. I want answers!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2006, 10:07:56 AM »

I've been playing Disgaea 2.  I enjoy the battle system and am liking the game a lot overall.  I'm on chapter 7 where things are picking up story wise.   Story is so-so so far and some of the things don't make sense to me (in a "what?" sorta way).  

I've unlocked a good many new classes so far.  They're more of a pain in the ass to level up than what I remember from Disgaea 1.  However I am liking that each class DOES have some class specific moves to make them a bit more unique than the classes in Disagaea 1.  There are some returning classes, but thankfully they got a graphical update and look nice.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »

Touch Detective:  I'm on the last case.  :(  I seriously don't want the game to end yet.

Currently Reading: 

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »

So, as of 4am EST, I decided I want to replay VP2. Now that I have seen all of the SG and how it works, I fully understand how to release my characters correctly and who I want as my "final four". All of the characters I have left are lv99, which didnt take nearly as long as I thought. When I was just running around getting to know the SG and where a few sealstones are, I kept the XP for all sealstone on, and bam. While people may have complained about the story and its connection to VP1 (which I never really played), the way the endgame plays out is so worth it. Its just the right balance of difficulty to get the good items, and you really do feel good once you have them. Only thing that kinda sucks is that the most pouplar way to WTFPWN the SG bosses is by building up a certin character and using the skill that gives you stat boosts when the other characters are dead. Once I got its last attack from leveling it, it became clear how easy it is. Persoanlly, I want a full party that can own the SG 10 times. I will give "it" the sword you get from doing it.

Wow, what a long post. Not to mention all best are off once FF12 gets here. VP2 will be "on the side".

Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »

I start a few days ago y,s the oath in felghana , just play a bit, but enought for watch the dificulty continue at same lvl of y,s 6, but they insert a new sistem of add,s while you are fighting, is nice for make level for the final boss.
And in suikoden v i am trying to made lordlake join to my clan o.O

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2006, 09:59:35 PM »

Touch Detective -  I just finished this game.  I do recommend this game to people who have a hankering for adventure games.

Currently Reading: 

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2006, 11:51:56 PM »

28:24 hours and Phantasy Star Universe is a wrap for story mode.  I actually enjoyed it quite a lot - brought back fond memories of PS IV. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:16 AM »

I'm on the 2nd half of the first case in Touch Detective.  I don't know what the reviewers are whining about- this game is awesome.  Some of the puzzles are zany, but not difficult to figure out and do make sense within the context of the game's world.  

I'll be shelving Contact for a while to play this one.  Touch Detective is way more fun for me.  The 2nd boss in Contact is still kicking my sorry ass and I absolutely loathe level grinding.  Contact is the kind of game that makes me want a Gameshark so I don't have to waste time level grinding.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: