Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319647 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 44159 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2006, 05:35:46 PM »

I'll be doing similar to Neal myself. I won't completely shelf it though, and obviously I'm playing PSU instead. I'll be playing Contact as something when I can't play the PS2 for whatever reason, or am going to sleep, and gradually pick at it until the grind is no longer an issue where I am.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

Well, TurnBasedDude lent a strategy to defeating the 2nd boss in Contact and it worked.  

I'm still in the 2nd chapter of Touch Detective trying to trigger stuff to happen.

I approve of this nonsense!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2006, 09:46:09 PM »

I had the urge to replay Final Fantasy IX. Just made it to the second disc.

What a fun game :D
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2006, 01:06:09 AM »

I played an unhealthy amount of Okami today, putting my time at roughly 32 hours, and an estimated 2 hours until I beat it. While I have been enjoying it, it's starting to become a bit slow, so hopefully the last bit will be more interesting and filled to the brim with plot stuff.

I also played through the Rainbow Six Vegas demo for the 360 (Japanese Silver XBL acct. ftw), and it was fun, though some of the squad controls could be a bit tighter. And it could not freeze 20 times over the course of two days. I'm going to assume that they've got those problems ironed out in the retail version, so purchase is pending reviews.

EDIT/ADD: October 29, beat Okami at roughly 36 hours. Only 10 games left until I'm free from a backlog!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2006, 04:05:47 AM »

Wow, I'm enjoying Xenosaga III much more than I thought I would! I just can't stop playing, because I just must know what will happen next. The gameplay is enjoyable too, I really didn't expect that.

This game is turning me in a totally irresponsable student. I don't think I will be able to finish my Management & Organisation project before Wednesday. Not that it really matters, I would still pass the subject if I turned in ten blank pages. And besides, a M&O named Marx should not assign us projects like "design a profitable businessplan".

Eh anyway, I just finished the first disc, things are getting very exiting. My only complaint is that chaos should get more screentime. Right now, there is just too much Shion, but I have to admit, she is more likable than in the last two games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2006, 01:37:33 PM »

Had absolutely nothing to do this weekend so I played quite a bit of Okami and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.  Marvel: UA is exactly as I expected it would be but it's still pretty cool kicking ass with my team of Wolverine, Iron Man, Silver Surfer and Spidey. Okami, of course, never fails to impress.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2006, 02:40:36 PM »

I just beat Devil Summoner.  20+ hour games should have endings longer than five minutes, I say.

Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »

Been playing Okami this weekend. I've had the game for a while, but only get to play during the weekends. I've logged about 31 hours into it and I feel like I'm going much slower than everyone else did going through the game. Maybe I've been doing too much exploring/feeding/sidequesting?

Either way, I just met with Queen Himiko and now I think I'm off to the people who can talk with the Water Dragon. Wonder how much I have left to go?
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »

I've been workin' on Summon Night EX Thesis: The Wings of Dawn (J-PS2).  Xenosaga Episode III and Persona 3 are sitting on my shelf, but somehow, the simple hack-and-slash Action RPG formula in Summon Night has me more entertained, these days.

Still haven't picked up Phantasy Star Universe, unfortunately.  Looking forward to Seiken Densetsu 4, this December.

Hey everyone, I'm back.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

I just started episode 3 of Touch Detective.

I approve of this nonsense!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2006, 10:50:56 AM »

I'm to the Iifa Tree in FFIX. I forgot how enjoyable this game is for me.

Anyway, I'm doing much better this playthrough than I did the first time I played the game. I've actually been keeping my items this time so I can synthesize new stuff! Been very helpful to say the least as Zidane's attack is up 37 already :D
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »

Okami - I've played for about 7 or 8 hours now. I'm doing an awful lot of wandering around in this game. There seems to be a lot of secrets and such. I went into some forest, got a new weapon, completely slaughtered some dude with said new weapon, rejuvenated my second guardian sapling, then ran all the way back to Shinsu field because I couldnt find a save spot.
Great game.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2006, 12:03:29 PM »

I too started up Okami. I have a question about the Wanted Lists.  Are the enemies in a specific place or are they random?  I can't find one and it's driving me nuts.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »

PSU has taken over my life.

My current signature is a choice exchange between some party members in voice chat while playing.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2006, 12:13:09 PM »

Yea PSU is a drug. Can't stop playing it. Hit lvl 22 last night on my ranger. For those playing it and do not know who I am still, my name is Joker.

Remember, Universe 15 is our hangout.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: