Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:47:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329458 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46288 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »

Okami -
Oh my god, FUCK that goddamn log! For the life of me I couldn't get the vines to attach to the log! I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I swear it took me around 15 tries to do it. ALMOST turned the game off.
I'm now running around the Taka Plains(or whatever it's called)
I'm still loving the game, but that LOG pissed me off.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »

Yeah, I almost quit when I hit that part.  I felt so frustrated I almost cried (not really).  I think it was because I wasn't looking for the smoke.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2006, 09:38:55 PM »

Been playing nothing but FF12 (well, maybe a little Warhammer 40k:Dark Crusade mixed in) since Oct. 31. I'm 30 hours in right now and up to the Bomb King boss. I have made one attempt at killing him which ended with all six of my party members getting hardcore buttraped. I'm thinking I need to level a bit, or just open up some more equipment licenses, as I haven't upgraded my equip (except for Basch) very much and everyone was getting hit for 800~.

Nothing.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2006, 12:37:45 AM »

The brush smoke is your friend in Okami. Especially when using Inferno or Waterspout later on. But yea, the blossoms go by pretty quickly on that log part, so it is understandable.

As for me, I've been enjoying Megaman ZX when I've had spare time between classes at school. I highly enjoyed fighting Fist Leo/Slash Beast/Slash Man. And I'm also digging how it stays true to the good ol' Megaman formula yet remains really fresh and new. A great change of pace for the Megaman series to be sure. Currently heading to the Amusement Park to own yet another pseudoroid :D
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2006, 07:04:28 AM »

GrimReality Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okami -
Oh my god, FUCK that goddamn log! For the life of me I couldn't get the vines to attach to the log! I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I swear it took me around 15 tries to do it. ALMOST turned the game off.
I'm now running around the Taka Plains(or whatever it's called)
I'm still loving the game, but that LOG pissed me off.

Oh shit! Yeah, that was fucking ridiculous trying to fucking hook those vines to that thing.  My controller came close to being ground into dust after like 10 minutes of cursing and swearing at the damned T.V.  Probably THE most frustration in a game in quite some time.  I kept expecting to go over a waterfall or some shit but i eventually did it after 15 minutes or so..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2006, 07:09:58 AM »

Jesus, you people are weak. I got through that part with no problems whatsoever.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2006, 07:11:53 AM »

I only tried twice: I would've got it the first time but it was being a stupid bitch about that last vine.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2006, 07:12:16 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Jesus, you people are weak. I got through that part with no problems whatsoever.

That's because you are so much better than everyone. Asshole.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »

As long as we're clear on this.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2006, 07:19:59 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
As long as we're clear on this.

hehe, prick =P

So I have been playing EQ2 and WoW. I actually enjoy EQ2 a lot. I won't be playing anything for a couple days. I just packed up my WoWing computer since I am moving.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »

BKO -  Died twice last night in a regular encounter because I was too busy looking at the cards that I didn't notice one of the enemies was healing the others.  So after rearranging my deck to take out the ice cards, I targeted that sucker and won.

Currently Reading: 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »

I didn't play anymore Okami since my last comment, but I had to add that I feel extra stupid now.  I never really paid any attention to "brush smoke" or whatever it is. This could explain why I didn't do well with the infamous log. I shall pay better attention to this from now on.
<------Dumbass

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2006, 11:47:26 PM »

FF12: Just finished up the events at the village with the eagle looking people. I am still taking my time and owning just about everything in my way. This game does a great job in making me just want to explore.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2006, 03:24:38 AM »

I started up Devil Summoner yesterday, and have only played about 6 hours or so. I don't think I'm too crazy about this one, at least not yet, anyway. The first chapter was a total borefest due to the constant hand holding from your cat sidekick, but it's been toned down a lot more for the second chapter.
The battle system is alright, I guess. I really wish there were a bit more options as to how Raidou could attack, but since the whole monster system is pretty deep, I'm willing to forgive it. By the way, I'm getting tired of telling my monsters to stop burning their MP every freaking battle... :P

Anyway, everything else is pretty golden. I'm loving the atmosphere of this game. Music is great, too.

Just a little random comment here, but I was just curious if anyone had a hard time reading the instruction booklet (We still do that....right?)? It uses the same speech patterns and slang that the actual game uses, so it makes reading simple instructions a total pain.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »

BKO -  Died 3 times during a boss battle.  Lord I suck at this game.

Currently Reading: 

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: