Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330150 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46349 times)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: November 09, 2006, 03:21:12 PM »

I rocked the face off of
Code:
Tiamat
in FF12. It was no contest really. I used my quickenings right off the bat and got lucky with 12 hits, my biggest combo yet, and got the Ark Explosion concurrence. Fucker took like 60% of its health. I stole a Ring Wyrm scale to boot. This game kicks some serious ass.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »

Two more Pseudoroids left in Megaman ZX. Still loving the game immensely. The only thing which has annoyed me from time to time is the biometal location on the enemy pseudoroids. Sometimes it's not bad, but other times it is seriously hard as hell not to hit them and then you have to waste money repairing them. But not a huge deal I guess.
Nutbar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

The worst two offenders in my opinion I are the two fafnir Pseudoroids, particularly Fistleo.

Zx was a great game, some of the boss fights felt like a real challenge but:
Code:
I felt the last boss was a little disappointing in comparison to some of the ealier battles

also:
Code:
I wouldn't worry too much about the vicotry level you get on your first attempt, as you can fight each Pseudodroid at least 2 more times before finishing the game, and the biometal level is based on your best performance

I think I enjoyed zero 1/2 more, but this was still fun so I will definately replay, at least once
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2006, 10:26:59 PM »

FFXII sure is nifty.

I'm not gonna share how many hours I've put into it since yesterday afternoon.  Too sad. :P

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2006, 12:26:57 AM »

I bought a copy of Guitar Hero 2 for my friend's birthday (very belated, but she never had a party, it's very complicated), but I played "Jessica" at Best-Buy and I cracked under the pressure so I opened it up and had one hell of a night. The only complaint I have about the game is that I'm not such a big fan of a bunch of the songs, but considering that was the case when I started playing GH1 I think that'll change once I play the songs more that once.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2006, 03:12:57 AM »

Started FFXII today, and in about 5 hours I rocked the Mimic Queen. Earlier, I thought it'd be a good idea to grind on some wolves, and then move on to the big T-Rex.  Punk hit me for 6,994 damage, and now I realize why they are automically set on passive.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »

I WANT GUITAR HERO II!!!

But yeah, I actually played a video game :P I picked up Dead or Alive 4 to give me something to play with a few mates. I've only had the time to play once. I suck royal balls at it :P

And is it me, or do the graphics just look like slightly shinier Xbox 1 graphics? Seriously unimpressed in that department.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2006, 11:38:08 AM »

BKO -  I'm finally getting the hang of this thing.  I have several decks going, like no ice etc.  As long as I have my Boss Battle deck a.k.a. revive on me, I can pretty much take on the bosses on the first try now.  I also ignore equipment now and just have two weapons per person in the deck.  Most of my cards are 1,2,3 cards and their mp attacks.  

Anyways I was in Diadem last night in the cloud passage and OMG it took so long.  Save point anyone?  I stayed up way past my bed time trying to finish it so I could save.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2006, 12:18:11 PM »

PSU- No further on offline mode, but I'm at level 19 on online mode.

Gyakuten Saiban 2- Beat the first two cases and am at court day one of the second case. This game is awesome, but it's going really fast. It stinks that there's no fifth case on this one though ;_;

VP 2: Still on chapter 3.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2006, 05:23:05 PM »

Came home to find Call of Duty 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, PSU, and Tony Hawk 2483274 on the floor in my living room. Dunno how they got there, but whatever!

I picked up Gears of War earlier and I've been playing that... just finished chapter 2. Amazing, amazing game. The graphics are literally unmatched and the action is incredible. It totally blew me away- and my expectations were pretty damn high.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2006, 12:38:02 PM »

Had insomnia, put in FFXII and reached the 7 hour point. FINALLY, I can truly customize Gambits. :P

I've also reached Act 3 in Gears of War. This game's really fun, though it probably helped I was only moderately interested in it, and not hoping for some amazing, ground breaking experience anyway, graphics aside.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2006, 02:24:55 PM »

I'm at the pyramid boss in Aegis in Contact.  For a game that touts itself is being devoid of dull moments, the game sure is dull and repetitive.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »

Just got to Act 4 in Gears of War. I really, really like this game :P

I've been playing Hardcore mode and plan to go through it again co-op on Insane once I finish it. It's tough, yet fair!

[/url]
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

I played a lot of Gears of War this weekend as well.  There are quite a few difficult sections where I repeatedly died but it always has you wanting to give it another shot. I played over LIVE for a bit but I think my headset is fried because no one could hear me..:(

Oh yeah..the fight with the Beserker was extremely cool!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »

I'm in the Henne Mines in Final Fantasy XII. I fought Tiamat and almost killed him but I left using the teleporation crystal right outside where you fight him. Now I'm just wandering around fighting monsters to get some money and I might do some hunts. I went into some caverns because I recieved a hunt for some creature in there but after I went into a second area of the caverns, I got my ass kicked.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: