Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46754 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2006, 06:03:50 PM »

Finished GoW. Excellent game. Truly polished in every way. The last boss
Code:
General RAAM

is an asshole. He doesn't have a set pattern and takes a different route to you every time you fight him. He also has a "shield" that appears and disappears at random... which leads to some mighty frustrating intervals of trying (usually in vain) to survive in between actually being able to hit him.

I couldn't beat him by myself- Dom's AI, while usually great, really sucks in this fight, since he keeps trying to shoot at the boss when his shield is up. I needed to ask my little bro for help, and that made the fight infinitely easier.

So, that's GoW on hardcore. I can't wait to play through it again on Insane. The game was incredible.

[/url]
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »

BKO  - Almost 50 hrs in and I hit the big plot twists.  I must say that the story is pretty good and the excellent voice acting  makes it even better.  So far, I'm not bored and I don't want the game to end.  It's shaping up to be one of my favorite RPGs I've played this year along side Xenosaga III.  So people if you have a GC or are planning to pick up a Wii, get this game.  It's excellent.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

i give a break on suikoden v, because i just get castlevania aria of sorrow xD, and start to play the another day, and wtf the diference between the design of Kojima and the char design of dawn of sorrow... made the game looks much better really, anyway the two games are awesome, and in aos i just got the 90% of the castle

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2006, 06:20:36 PM »

Finished the Habara segment in Contact.  According to the Professor, I'm nearing the end.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »

Still plugging away at Gears of War. Man, those guys with the bow-guns(name escapes me at the moment) are fuckin A-holes!  I must have played that damn pumping-station segment 7 times before i got them all. I don't know if it was stupidity on my part or just plain bad luck but when I finally did it they never shot me once...go figure.

Think i'll give it a rest for a while now though, I'm starting to miss FFXII.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
Still plugging away at Gears of War. Man, those guys with the bow-guns(name escapes me at the moment) are fuckin A-holes!

Theron Guards. Just wait until you start facing Theron Sentinels. Those are the ones that really give you trouble >.-

[/url]
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »

Okami -
I am in the process of locating the last 2 Canine Warriors. This game is damn weird, but I'm enjoying it.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2006, 11:54:29 AM »

BKO -  Hit the part where Wacho keeps tabs on what you are suppossed to do.

Currently Reading: 

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

I am pushing 50 hours into FF12. All 6 characters are almost 40 and have like 70% of the Liscense Board filled. This game isnt getting old at all yet, but I am kinda missing VP2 and WoW a little bit.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2006, 06:41:08 PM »

I'm around 38 hours into FFXII, doing the "Shrine of Miriam" or something.  I was kind of struggling a bit there so decided to teleport back to Rabanastare to buy some more technics and do a few hunts.  It really kills me that the technics cost so much since i was planning on upgrading my gear as well.  Since I used up all my teleport stones I guess I'll have to leg it all the way back to the shrine anyway so at least i'll get some loot in the process.

Btw. Is anyone else as bad as me doing the Mist Combos?  The best I've gotten so for is an 8 hitter...pathetic:(

Oh..and what's with the Grimoires? I have a few of them and was wondering what to do with them.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »

I believe the teleport stones can be bought on the airships that travel in between the larger towns, for example the ship that goes from Rabanastre to Bhujerba.

As for the grimoires, I only have one that I got from a bazaar, I believe they allow enemies to drop rare items, or atleast items that sell for more.  Each grimoire makes certain types of monsters drop rare items, so you need more grimoires in order to make all the monsters drop good stuff.

Also, 38 hours and you're at the Shrine? I was only like 20 hours at that point.  Did you detour some?

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

BKO -
Code:
Took on the renegade paramachinas.  

Currently Reading: 

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2006, 05:12:51 PM »

20 hours!? Are we talking about the same place?  Did u go through the jungle and the mountains?  If so, then I must be taking my sweet time.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
20 hours!? Are we talking about the same place?  Did u go through the jungle and the mountains?  If so, then I must be taking my sweet time.

Yeah, I was maybe 24 hours max when I was at the Shrine.  Not a big deal, I could've easily put 38 hours into the game before going there as well.

I actually just passed through the Wastelands.  Killed the mark Braegh, which was amazingly easy.  And then I went and grabbed the
Code:
Zodiac Spear
at level 30.

The freedom of this game matches that of FF8, my previous favorite FF.  I'm definitely loving it, though I wish I had more time to play.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2006, 12:01:35 AM »

Might as well start.
Ok I'm half way through the second case in Phoenix Wright 2, and tonight I plan to finish it and play FFXII all night, I just got my first esper there.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: