Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334650 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46727 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2006, 08:58:02 PM »

So I was able to play some Twilight Princess last Monday for 2ish hours and that was a lot of fun, but I spent most of my free time over the vacation playing (and finally beating) Phoenix Wright. Damn good game, although the 5th case definitely felt tacked on and was not of the same quality as the other cases in the game. I'm probably going to put all of my gaming efforts into playing TP from now on, and put FFXII (as well as my other backlog games) on hold until I beat that.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2006, 10:48:48 PM »

Finished Suikoden V and got all of the SoD.  I feel like Suikoden is back on track after the mistake that is IV.  

Play Wii sports a lot and have almost 800 pts for tennis.

Nabbed Zelda finally and will play that next.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2006, 07:17:30 PM »

I decided that since Christmas is right around the corner, I'm gonna hold off on buying shit for myself till I see what people get for me.  I had bought Wild Arms 4 last week, but I'm putting it to the side.  It's fun, but I recently blew through Alter Code F and WA3 back to back, so I'm kinda burned out on that whole thing now.

So what am I playing to pass the time?  Well, aside from WoW, there's only one thing I can bring myself to play:  Symphony of the Night, run number fifty. \m/

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: November 29, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »

Jeanne D'Arc: Fun game, a little too easy for a SRPG though. All I do is blitz the enemy and heal when needed. No strategy involved at all.

Riviera PSP: Competent remake. Everything's (I mean EVERYTHING) voiced and they fixed a few of the niggles I had with the GBA version.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2006, 11:51:34 PM »

Final Fantasy XII has again been interrupted- this time by Twilight Princess.

Code:
Working my way through the Yeti's mansion on Snowpeak. The place is driving me insane. Definitely the most thought-intensive dungeon so far. But hey, that's the way I like it. The new weapons are really great. Love the ball and chain. And the bosses blow anything in any other Zelda right outta the water, if only for their sheer fun.

<3

[/url]
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2006, 11:49:19 AM »

I can't get into Zelda not because it isn't good, it's just I'm not in the mood for it.  Plus I can't fish worth a damn.  I actually fell asleep while attempting to fish, just like in real life.  

So I've been hitting Trauma Center: Second Opinion on Easy mode.  I did own the DS version but it kicked my ass because I had the inability to magnify things.  Yes, I couldn't draw the little circle right.  So now I'm getting a few S ranks but still a few C ones too.

Currently Reading: 

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »

I got back into Digital Devil Saga again.

I was playing Devil Summoner, but after that thread of finishing RPGs, I felt guilty about not finishing DDS first, so I picked it up again.

I'm doing some leveling right now in the last dungeon. It's crazy how if the enemy gets the first strike in, you could end up with a gameover just like that. I save after every few battles because of this.

For the people that played this game, what party combination did you use and what were your skill set ups for each character?

My party right now is:
Serph-With Bufudyne, Ice amp, Xanadu,Ziodyne, Diarama and Makaja
Gale-With a high level elemental set up and Elec drain
Cielo-With high level elec spell, Mediarama, and some status ailment spells

"Oh, a hunter..."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

Okami - I am now in Sei-Nai(sp?) city.
Code:
It's odd, because the game felt like it should be done after defeating Orochi in the Moon cave. It was obviously nowhere near done(just check the map!) but it FELT like it.

I am anxious to get into another dungeon or something. That's what I like the most about the game. Plus, I'm already at 30 hours, which is about where most adventure games are ending.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2006, 04:22:43 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

For the people that played this game, what party combination did you use and what were your skill set ups for each character?

Boy, it's been a while :P

My team was Serph, Gale, and Argilla.
And if I remember correctly, my party was set up so that each character had two different elemental attacks so I could cover all the different weaknesses. I think two characters had healing skills, and there were also a few Kajas and element amps sprinkled about.

Anyway, I've been playing Devil Summoner pretty slowly, but I managed to make it to the final chapter, and am currently saved somewhere within it. This dungeon is such a pain. I can't stand fighting pre-defeated bosses again, especially since I'm forced to...
Ah well. I should be able to wrap this up later today. It's a really cool game, but for some reason I just want it to end already.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2006, 11:10:52 PM »

Power Charge - whatever the move was called that lowered all the enemie's defense-skip 3rd character-Insatible. Works like 99% of the time. For all others, I just Power Charged and Ragnarok'd thier sorry asses. I did get the "Null All" skill and went a little crazy, but it felt to so. Its how I got to lv99 with everyone too. I wish I could finish the 2nd on though. Still at the dam airport.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2006, 11:24:02 PM »

More Zelda. Just finished
Code:
the Temple of Time... which was obviously a fanservice, from its location to its boss. Still, it felt almost unfinished. The puzzles in it were still brain teasing, but the enemies were few and simple and there simply was not enough content compared to the other temples. I did enjoy the "surprise" after Armogohma, though.
[/code]

[/url]
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »

Haven  -  I can't believe you haven't finished it yet.  You are almost there!  

Anyways, my favorite team was Serph, Gale, and Cielo.  Serph was my physical attack jugernaut.  I basically did the same thing that Haven did:  charged and then released Ragnarok on them.  Gale was my Jack of All Trades.  He could do physical and magic attacks.  Cielo was my main healer who unleased powerful magic.

Currently Reading: 

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2006, 01:36:57 AM »

Finished Ys I -Complete-... on Japanese cell phone. :P

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Haven  -  I can't believe you haven't finished it yet.  You are almost there!  

Anyways, my favorite team was Serph, Gale, and Cielo.  Serph was my physical attack jugernaut.  I basically did the same thing that Haven did:  charged and then released Ragnarok on them.  Gale was my Jack of All Trades.  He could do physical and magic attacks.  Cielo was my main healer who unleased powerful magic.

I'm trying to make Serph really powerful with magic. I like that you can distribute points to him, because you can make him however you want. The others not quite so, unless you take some time to collect noises to boost their stats.

As far as I see, the two best users at magic are Argilla and Gale. Argilla's magic stat is around 57 right now and Gale's is around 48. Cielo's isn't so high(Around the high 30's) which is why i'm curious you'd have him as a magic user. Not that he's bad, just average as far as magic is concerned.

All my characters are in the low 50's for level right now. Except for Serph, he's in the high 50's. I'm going to have to grind alot soon to finish all the sidequests. (ARGH! Grinding!>_<)

I never use Heat. He sucks with magic, and I just don't see a need to use him for just physical attacks because Serph and Gale are just as good at physical. He's a good tank though.

"Oh, a hunter..."
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »

I thought Cielo was fine with magic; he was my number one healer.   I managed to get through the game with him in that role.  Did he really have that low a magic stat?  How was his Strength stat?  I remember he had great Agility but I can't remember how the rest of his stats worked out.

Currently Reading: 

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: