Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:15:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319636 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 44155 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »

It's a minor, but neat, effect, so I just leave it on. Plus some sounds that play over the speaker won't over the TV, IE Midna's laughter when you find a spot she'll help you jump up to.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »

Okami - Played through the sunken ship, and the part after that when you get shrunk down. Damn, this game is weird.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2006, 12:56:37 PM »

Truama Center -  I've been playing on easy and accidently switched over to normal yesterday.  Yeah, there's a big difference.  I can't do normal; hell sometimes I can barely do easy.  It's a fun game though.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2006, 11:30:22 AM »

I finally got around to playing the Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time that I've owned for fucking ages.  Jabu-Jabu has always been my least favorite stretch of the game anyway, but it's even worse with this.  If I make it to adulthood, I'll be stunned. :P

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2006, 01:54:33 PM »

Ha, I've been doing the same thing when I've been exhausted with writing papers, DR. But really the only dungeons I found harder in Master Quest were Dodongo's Cavern and the Spirit Temple. I think the Water Temple is easier!

I just made it to the Forest Temple and stopped last night.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »

More Xenosaga Episode III.

Code:
After beating Citrin on the Durandel, I entered Abel's Ark and beat the first two Zohar Emulator - Gnosis fusions. This entire dungeon reminds me of Xenosaga Episode I's Cathedral Ship. Also, this mechanism of defeating four orbs before heading for the boss is somewhat similar to Xenogears' final boss fight, with the exception that fighting the orbs was optional in Xenogears of course. Story-wise, I'm pretty happy that the game does not focus on Shion, but rather on Jr. for a while.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »

I've been playing FFXII pretty consistanly for the past couple of days, and am really, really enjoying it.

I just finished the whole Ozmone Plains/ Jahara Village thing, and am headed off to the Golmore Jungle soon enough. I think I'm all caught up on avalible/beatable Hunts, so I should be tackling it first thing tomorrow.
Although, maybe this would be a good time to have Penelo, Ashe, and Balthier catch up (level-wise) with the others. My main party is twice the level everyone else is :P
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »

Got a 360 a couple of days ago so I borrowed Gears of War from a friend and am slowly playing through that. So far it's been pretty great aside from a couple minor control issues.

Also making slow progress in FFXII. Closing in on 30 hours and am about to enter that Draklord Lab place. I get this feeling that I'm not playing the "right" way. Up until a few hours ago, I only had 1 mist attack in all, completely ignoring all but healing magic and I have pretty much zero technicks. Then I wonder why I find myself running in circles for 15 minutes trying to gain MP.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »

Yeah, I didnt play FF12 "right" either. I didnt use Mist attacks at all after the first judge fight.

I actually just beat the game two nights ago. I finished like 25 hunts, including a few of the eliete marks. I started farming for the tournsoul, and I quickly got burned out. I just went ahead and kicked the living shit out of the last part of the game. While all the fire works were cool, I made a mockery out of the final boss and friends. I am sure I will pick at finishing everything over the next few months, but I there is too much cool shit to play to just keep focusing on this one too much longer. WoW has been calling me alot too.

Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2006, 03:52:44 PM »

ys oath in the felghana, stupid final boss all time kicking my ass "_ ,anyway for the rest the game is very nice

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2006, 03:59:45 PM »

While waiting for my copy of Yggdra Union to arrive I began playing Riviera, a game I've had lying around the house for a while. I haven't gotten for at all yet, only the second "world", but I really like to so far. The game play is refreshingly odd, and the story and characters are shaping up nicely. Graphics and sound are also awesome for a GBA game.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2006, 03:12:42 AM »

Glad to say my hiatus from gaming is over (about two months) and that I got my groove back. I picked up where I left off with DQ8 and am about to help Prince Charmles. I figure I have a long ways to go.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

Beat Trauma Center: Second Opinion last night.  For a while I thought I wouldn't be able to beat TC in any version because operation 6-7 was so hard.  I think it's the hardest operation in the whole game.  The freaking Triti was killing me.  I had to go to gamefaqs to find out which thorns to pull in what order.  Gah!

Wii Sports  -  Made Pro in Tennis!

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2006, 11:29:12 PM »

Man, I'm at around 90 hours on FFXII.  There is SO much shit you can do it's crazy.  I've saved at the final dungeon but i'm all over the place doing hunts, go after optional espers, sidequests and whatever...   I thought FFX was a long game if u wanted to do "everything" but this game takes the cake.

I clocked in at around 130 hours on FFX getting completion but I think this one might push 175-200.  Great game....although not enough dialogue or character development:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2006, 12:41:11 AM »

Just passed 35 hours in FFXII, and am supposed to be heading to Archades to infiltrate something. I honestly don't remember, which pisses me off because it's been like this for the entire game. If anyone could link me to a plot summary, that'd be primo :P

Anyway, I still love the game, despite me not really knowing what is going on. I think it really hit me today that this game is going to take me a while, probably more than DQ8 if I keep my current pace up. I've been taking my sweet time doing next to nothing other than following the storyline, and really can't wait to tackle some of the new Hunts that have opened up for me.
The latest one I took a shot at was the White Mouse in the sewer area. It's just fun to square off against bosses/hunts/areas that you're nowhere near strong enough to attempt :P
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: