Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338025 Posts in 13841 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 47076 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:33 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Beat Trauma Center: Second Opinion last night.  For a while I thought I wouldn't be able to beat TC in any version because operation 6-7 was so hard.  I think it's the hardest operation in the whole game.  The freaking Triti was killing me.  I had to go to gamefaqs to find out which thorns to pull in what order.  Gah!

I'm stuck on 6-7 myself. I could probably ace it at this point on Easy, but i'm being stubborn and playing on Normal. I also watched Youtube instead of reading GameFaqs, as I knew seeing would help me more than reading.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:33 PM »

Since I have just recently beat FF12, I am thinking of going ahead and replaying some of the classic Final Fantasy titles and remember why the hell I play RPGs so much anyway. I broke out the SNES and to my horror the batteries in my FF3 cart are shot, as well as my Lufia 2 and Chrono Trigger. That really sucks, so that means I am going to have to replay those bitches on my PS2 via FF Anthology and Chronicals. Not a real big deal, other than the horrible loading times. I think I may even try and really focus on the stat gains from the Espers in FF6, something I have never bothered to do. As I go through the classics, I will do a little of the FF12 side stuff, piece by piece.

All this while I save my ass off for my new Core 2 Duo rig I am pieceing together. Then it will be Burning Crusade like a motherfucker.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I finally got around to playing the Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time that I've owned for fucking ages.  Jabu-Jabu has always been my least favorite stretch of the game anyway, but it's even worse with this.  If I make it to adulthood, I'll be stunned. :P

I think I managed to get to the Forest Temple and then gave up from boredom. The fact that it was only the dungeons that were different was a bit disappointing, I think. And the dungeons were a bit annoying rather than a challenge - Dodongo's cavern was evil if i remember rightly.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »

I re-beat SM64 on the Wii... Actually, that was a few days ago. The bigger accomplishment is that I got all 120 stars, something I never did when I originally got the game. Took a decade late, but it's on a more reliable storage format, and it can be backed up too. Can't really do that with the N64 saves short of some third party gizmo.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2006, 11:16:33 PM »

I bought Sega Genesis Collection from Wal Mart for 20 bucks so I can beat Phantasy Star 4. I never got that far into it and have always wanted to finish it. Here is my chance. I also started up some FF6 for kicks as well. I love how FF6 can still bring me back to when I was like 12 playing the shit out of it. I love how great videogames can do that.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2006, 11:34:58 PM »

For those of you who own a 360, grab the Lost Planet MP Demo. I played it for a solid two hours today and had some of the most fun playing in a long while. It hits that arcade shooter vibe perfectly, and the grappling hook mechanic is super fun (if you shoot it at the ceiling you can adjust your height and sneak up on dudes from the other team). 1UP is saying many good things about the single player, so I'm looking forward to a purchase.

The rest of the weekend was packed for me though, so no progress in Zelda.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2006, 01:25:50 PM »

Man, I feel stupid. In Okami, after doing the Emperor business and helping out the spaceship girl, I have been wandering aimlessly trying to figure out what to do. I check an FAQ this morning and find out that all I had to was
Code:
use The Mist technique to get past the guards so I can see the queen

Why didn't I try that one, when I had already tried other techniques? I have no idea.
<---moron
I love this game.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »

I got my Wii! Yes, yes and yes once more!

Currently only have Wii sports, but even that is great!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2006, 07:18:21 PM »

I picked up a few games this weekend such as the DMC 5th anniversary box set for $30 which was simply too good to pass up.  I also picked up the Megaman X Collection and Shadow Hearts:FTNW

I spent some time with these and decided to take a break from FFXII for a while after logging 90+ hours.  Not much else to say except that DMC2 really seemed to be a step backwards for the series and this was actually the first time I ever played the game:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2006, 12:50:47 AM »

I'm to the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time MQ. I'm not sure I'll have the game finished in time for the Cube version of TP, but close enough I figure.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

Ordered PSU off of Amazon along with a computer adventure game and a dance CD.  

I've been in an adventure game mood so I finally finished off Barrow Hill (creepy game) and started and finished Agatha Christie's:  Murder on the Orient Express.  They were both just okay.  Barrow Hill is the better game IMO.  I still need to play Indigo Prophecy.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »

Wii Sports = Super fun

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Picked this up for the 360. Definitely a step up from the previous few games. The Nail a Trick addition is a really good idea. I just wish they'd cut out some of the stupid crap, like tasks that are done by bailing and controlling your falling body to break through wooden fences. It's just crap.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2006, 01:00:17 AM »

Just passed the 50 hour mark in FFXII, and am still enjoying it. The enjoyment, however, has died down since the beginning of the game, but that's only due to the fact that I'm somehow waaaay overleveled compared to the enemies around me.

That stupid multi-fetch quest bullshit in Archades was beyond dull :P
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »

About 15 (?) hours into FFXII.

Code:
Going to Wraithwall's tomb or something right now.

I left the main path to go catch up on some marks and kill some things I couldn't before (the T-rex in the Estersand and the werewolves in Giza). That's been going alright.

Does the license board expand sometime during the game? Two of my characters already have all three quikenings and most of my guys are getting there. I'm only 15 hours in and it seems like I'm almost done with it :/

I like it... but it's got its problems. The camera drives me crazy. Save points are especially sparse in this installment, it seems, which really can get frustrating (not even that you might die in between them- unless I'm after a mark, there's really not much chance for that... but what if you have somewhere to go, or something to do? you'll have to backtrack sometimes over an hour from where you were). The voice acting itself is good, but the quality of the recording (especially for Penelo) really isn't. It sounds like some people are very obviously talking into microphones.

Also, Vaan's vocal inflection doesn't often fit the situation at hand, or the reaction to whoever he's talking to. Just something that sticks out, and haven't noticed it with anyone else yet.

[/url]
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2006, 07:49:46 PM »

Got my hands on a copy of Twilight Princess today.

Fun story to go along with it:

I was at GameStop and I told the employee I was here to pick up my copy of Zelda. I told him I had it preordered and he brought it forth from the drawer behind the counter. Little did I know, there were people who hadn't preordered it there. The conversation went like this:

A woman who snuck up behind me asked, "Why are you giving him a copy and not me?"

To which the employee answered, "Because he's had it preordered since May of 2005."

"Well don't you have any copies that no one has preordered?"

"Sorry, but no, we don't. The preorder is good for 48 hours, you can try back again at about noon on Friday to see if someone hasn't picked up their copy, but I can't guarantee it to you."

By this time about three other mothers had sidled up behind this one and all of them eyed my copy as I bought it. The guy put it in the bag and handed it to me. I said thanks and turned to head out, fearing I would be mauled by the three women behind me. Anyway, the one who was tormenting the poor GameStop employee followed me outside and our conversation went like this:

"Excuse me! Sir!," she called, "Would you be willing to sell that game to me?"

"How much are you willing to pay me?" I asked.

"I have eighty dollars in cash, is that enough?"

"Nope, sorry, but I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. You heard the guy in there, I've had it preordered since May of 2005; just over a year and a half. I'm not going to part with it for eighty bucks."

"Oh but please, my son wants it for Christmas, I can pay you more!"

"Sorry, ma'am, but this game isn't for sale." I stated with finality and turned back to my truck, half expecting her to either say her son is deathly ill or start attacking me, but neither happened. Still I was kind of surprised by the whole thing. I suppose it would have been the nice thing to do for me to sell it to her...but I couldn't do it! I guess I'm just not as good a human being as I might think I am...

As for the game itself, it's great! I had a little trouble adjusting to the physics in Link's lycanthrope form (fell off the roof of the castle a few times...), but aside from that I'm very pleased. I just finished the Forest Temple and am now heading east; I forget the name of the place I'm heading, but I think it's called Eldin.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: