Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334433 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #3  (Read 46695 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 13, 2006, 08:37:59 PM »

Should've told her places like Wal-Mart and Target were very likely to have bucketloads of the game.

As for Zelda progress: Finished the 7th dungeon. Nearing the end of the game obviously, but this will probably be the quickest I beat a console Zelda for the first time, with the other quickest being OoT, at least in how many days it's taken, not actual hours.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: December 13, 2006, 09:07:57 PM »

I am really making a big push to beat alot of the old games I have laying around. I am saving for a PC so all the older games to keep my attention, the better.

So far I am about to go search for Terra in FF6. I am making the use of Gau a bigger role this time, as I never really used him before.

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2006, 12:40:38 AM »

Couldn't find Gamecube Zelda after searching a bunch of stores around, so kinda pissed about that. Gamestop/EB apparently only had enough for preorders. I dunno, I don't get it. If there is a huge demand for it, why the hell don't they ship a lot of copies? It's not like stamping discs is very difficult or time consuming.

I remember the day Halo 2 launched. I had preordered, but when I got to EB, pretty much all their shelves behind the counter were filled with the game. But I digress...

Tried playing some Xbox Live. The Lost Planet online demo is pretty fun after I figured out the controls. Movement still seems a little slow. Then jumped in for some Gears of Wars deathmatch. Why the hell do I always get stuck with the worst teams? The first time I play online and I got most of the kills/points (and deaths). Which doesn't mean anything since I was getting killed about 8 seconds into every round. I blame my luck.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2006, 01:46:58 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Should've told her places like Wal-Mart and Target were very likely to have bucketloads of the game.

Actually, my store only received twenty-four copies of the game and they were sold out at around 8:00 p.m. yesterday (Tuesday) night. But I'm sure she'll find it elsewhere, and won't have to pay eighty bucks for it to boot!

Anyway, I've had my copy for just over twelve hours and have clocked just over nine hours...WAY TOO MUCH ZELDA JIMBO!

Just finished the Fire Temple, and it was badass. More please.

EDIT: And Kakariko has changed again, which wasn't really surprising but kind of odd. First time it's been so barren and dusty looking.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2006, 02:32:28 AM »

Actually, I kinda expect Walmart and Target to put it up Friday or something rather than ASAP like EB or GameStop would. And I'm thinking Nintendo grotesquely underprinted to help Wii demand... Mind, with how you can't easily buy Wiis /anyway/, they may as well just print them up rapid fire. Eh, whatever.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »

My wife gets home from work yesterday, walks up to me, and hands me a copy of Zelda for the GC! I was shocked. I had asked for it for Christmas, but I guess she decided not to wait. She bought it at target, but not before having to ask a sales clerk to get it out of the back.
Too bad I won't be playing it for a LOOOONG time. Theres no way I can play Okami and Zelda back to back(way too similar), so I'll be playing FFXII inbetween. I may not get to Zelda until freakin' April!

Okami is a huge game. My next task is to go to the Dragonian domain.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

I finished ys oath in the felghana the last night with level 52 and spending 15 hours, i think was a very good game, only the last boss the part of the "ping pong" get my nerves many times "_ . The end is so nice too. And now i think is time for start to play tales of abyss

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2006, 02:45:19 PM »

I too have started Zelda, but on the Wii. Haven't had much time to play, I'm saved just before starting the first temple.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2006, 06:02:16 PM »

Since I'm most likely gonna get a boatload of RPGs for Christmas, I'm passing the time till then with action-oriented shit.  That shit being the best game on the Cube, Resident Evil 4. :P

I'm at that fucking hedge maze with the dogs.  Probably one of my least favorite parts of the game due to their annoyance factor, but at least it's short.

Nutbar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2006, 09:19:53 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"

I'm at that fucking hedge maze with the dogs.  Probably one of my least favorite parts of the game due to their annoyance factor, but at least it's short.

That is probably my least favourite point in that game. The dogs in that game are a major annoyance, but thankfully they don't feature much.

Currently playing through FE 6-8 at different times, but i'm playing 6 for the first time, 7 on hector hard, and 8 on easy for a laugh.

Tomorrow I go home and get to play FFXII again, and see family of course :P
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2006, 10:48:47 PM »

A little over 20 hours into FFXII, just accepted like six or seven hunts.

Pretty cool.

Code:
The story totally eludes me at this point. I think I sorta have something and then someone else pops in and does something totally out of the blue- like when I get the Dusk Shard or whatever from Wraithwall's tomb and all of a sudden Vossler turns on me. Not only that, but right after there's a huge explosion that somehow engulfs everything in a three mile radius- [i]except the heroes[/i]- from which a tiny glass ball materializes, which is spotted, falling through the stratosphere, by people thousands of feet away. I can understand needing a suspension of disbelief for fantasy games, but seriously: that shit is bananas.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2006, 01:28:43 AM »

Beat Zelda at about 65 or 66 hours (last save was 65 hours). Damn good, though I preferred the endings of OoT and WW, or at least WW's. Now I just need to figure out how to reach one of the rooms in the final dungeon...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2006, 06:21:54 AM »

Double post!

I went and beat Trauma Center as well, surprised there was only one surgery left after 6-7. Outside of that, it's a much better level of difficulty for me than the original release, and it's just satisfying to finally get through it. I also liked the music for the final operation.

And I've just depleted my non-VC titles to play on the Wii: Wii Sports is more something to goof off with or play with friends. For the VC stuff though... I beat Bonk (making it the first Wii game I beat if you count VC titles), and SM64, so that leaves me Solomon's Key (stupidly hard, and put off by losing my save because the controllers wouldn't connect and I was forced to shut it off), Bomberman '93, Super Star Soldier (likely won't beat that, I never beat a shmup), and Gunstar Heroes. I'll try to beat GH, I'm really close to the end there.

Edit: Beat Gunstar Heroes. Just had that one stage, then the final boss to deal with.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »

Recently beat FFXII with a clock at roughly 80s hours. I really don't remember as I only did it to see the ending so I could start buffing up everyone to take on the final hunts. Recently finished:

Code:
Fafnir and Ixion

Currently at about... 107 hours. With Fran/Basch/Balthier at 64-ish and Vaan/Ashe/Panelo at 40-ish.

Picked up GC Zelda today since I've decided not to get a Wii until next year when Fire Emblem comes out. I just don't have the money at this point.

Finished up

Code:
That first "dungeon" where you find the kid and the monkey. Pretty good so far. Hopefully I'll get to play more today.

FFIII:

Code:
Just got to that big city surrounded by the wall and got my ass totally handed to me by Garuda. Bah.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Beat Zelda at about 65 or 66 hours (last save was 65 hours). Damn good, though I preferred the endings of OoT and WW, or at least WW's. Now I just need to figure out how to reach one of the rooms in the final dungeon...

You had that problem too? I still haven't gotten in there. I doubt there's anything important.. maybe a Poe soul? But still, what the heck.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: