Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327828 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  the next big Jrpgs on xbox and ps3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: the next big Jrpgs on xbox and ps3?  (Read 7143 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2011, 04:38:21 AM »

X-2 wasn't horrible (I enjoyed it quite a bit). The only sin of the game was not being your traditional Final Fantasy game and for that a lot of shit was thrown with people bitching about it without even playing the game.

I thought it was horrible. I played it and finished it, and immediately regretted all the time I'd wasted on it. The story, characters and cutscenes were just embarassing, the levels were mostly copy-pastes from FFX but full of annoying minigames, and the music was almost unlistenable. The only positive was the battle system, but that was wasted by having almost no challenge whatsoever.

Is pretty easy to say this about the game nowadays. After all, everyone has the same opinion about it but I for one think that X-2 was far far more fun that what hey did in FFVIII.

Dunno why, but I always got the impression these two games were pretty much the two games in the series that kinda got started the whole thing of trying to experiment with the formula of franchise in all the ways possible, and if you ask me, it didn't worked all that much in VIII but in X-2 they actually manage to make the game fun. And I know that the definition of "fun" is not the same for everyone, but what do you want me to say? I enjoyed the silliness and unnecessary fanservice of the game after how dramatic FFX was. Because seriously, for the all stupid shit that happens in that game the story is not really the happiest thing I've seen either.

Though I agree that was a shame that that story got pushed away for something with much less substance.

And about the music... well, that's a war I simply cannot win. I do like a few tracks of the soundtrack and I absolutely love the arrange album, is easily of one the top 3 in the entire franchise in my mind.
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »

The gameplay and the music tracks I really loved elevated it way above "horrible."
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »

I just ran through xiii to play xiii-2. The hype behind it is speaking volumes, and i didn't dislike x-2 enough to call it bad, just girly. I look forward to seeing it fix the shit of xiii.

Outside of that, i'm hoping for xillia. It's also been a few years since we've seen a sequel to wild arms, so i'm hoping to hear about a new one maybe this year.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: