Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Klyde's Steam and Clock Punk Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Klyde's Steam and Clock Punk Thread  (Read 5988 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »

Hello again friends! Today illustrates that you never know what people are going to want or like.... in my mind clock-punk and christian imagery just were not terribly compatable... Yet here we have a clock-punk-crucifix that was a real hit with the recipient....

I call this "Organic Clock Faith"

Inspires me to illustrate a quasi-photo realistic steam/clock-punk Jesus.... I'm not even kidding either... I think that would be bad-ass

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »

And now we have for today.... the 2nd series of time keys for your viewing pleasure!

Personally, I like making and looking at the creepy miniatures way more... but these babies sell like hot cakes for some reason and klyde has bills to pay....

ANNOUNCEMENT: I will  begin running a contest via this thread to win a FREE handcrafted item valued between 50 and 100 dollars (what people typically pay me for these obominations...) The contest will be called "How well do you know Klyde?"..... in the interest of my own entertainment....

Randomly over the course of a 2 week basis I will drop hints in regard to some given "Klyde Chroma Trivia"... as I drop the hints, you can guess at the answer.... Naturally these riddles of sorts will be regarding me personally, thus no one could know the answer unless they knew me personally, so everyone has a fair shot........ The rules are as follows:

1. One guess per person, per calender day.
2. I reserve the right to make the riddles and hints as ridiculous as I choose to... it is my own personal trivia anyhow.....
3. The same person can win as many times in a row as they can compete and win... in other words there is no restrictions in regard to participation and winning.... I don't care if only 2 people play along and the same one wins 3 contests in a row....
4. I reserve the right right to choose the prize for each contest.
5. Prizes will be revealed at random points.... that is some maybe announced at the onset of the contest.... some may not be announced until the contests conclusion.....
6. Disqualification... the only way to be disqualified is to break rule 1.
7. I reserve the right to amend the structure and rules of the contest, in between running contests..... that is, if I think of a better way to go about all this that proves to be more fun for me, I won't change anything until the next contest....

That about covers it!! My next post will start the first contest, so stay tuned :)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »

Today we have something special!!.... A clock/ steam-punkerly tattoo!!!

This was absolutely awesome to get to work on..... when a client brings me a concept I am already passionate about in some respect (gaming tats, anime, et cetera.....) it doesn't really get any better then that :) This job was a true blessing for me.

Now...... Moving on.....

...TODAY BEGINS "KLYDES PERSONAL TRIVIA CONTEST" (as detailed above) where brave souls from across RPGFan Forums unite to guess their little hearts out to win a steam-punkerly creation!

The first contests topic is "KLYDES FIRST CAREER PATH OF CHOICE!"

Before I decided to make visual art my lifelong pursuit and primary source of income I had many jobs.... however I did also have direction as far as to what was to be my career (not just an odd job to make a buck).... Plans however fell through, for various reasons which will be disclosed once the contest has ended.... Now onto the first clue!

CLUE NUMBER 1: This job has a dress code, or appropriate "work attire" if you will....

Stay tuned for more clues and remember your allowed 1 guess per calender day, so don't be bashful! Take advantage of each day to narrow down the possibilities! The ending date for this contest is Thursday Febuary 2nd

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:07:53 AM »

That is a mighty sweet tat.  Did you draw it, or tattoo it on him, or both?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »

That is a mighty sweet tat.  Did you draw it, or tattoo it on him, or both?

Both. 9 out of 10 tattoos I do are all completely original. That is, not flash (pictures on the wall in the tattoo parlor) or from direct reference (brought to me from clients).

Much more work being a custom artist, but far more lucrative and rewarding.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »

Today we have something special!!.... A clock/ steam-punkerly tattoo!!!

This was absolutely awesome to get to work on..... when a client brings me a concept I am already passionate about in some respect (gaming tats, anime, et cetera.....) it doesn't really get any better then that :) This job was a true blessing for me.

Now...... Moving on.....

...TODAY BEGINS "KLYDES PERSONAL TRIVIA CONTEST" (as detailed above) where brave souls from across RPGFan Forums unite to guess their little hearts out to win a steam-punkerly creation!

The first contests topic is "KLYDES FIRST CAREER PATH OF CHOICE!"

Before I decided to make visual art my lifelong pursuit and primary source of income I had many jobs.... however I did also have direction as far as to what was to be my career (not just an odd job to make a buck).... Plans however fell through, for various reasons which will be disclosed once the contest has ended.... Now onto the first clue!

CLUE NUMBER 1: This job has a dress code, or appropriate "work attire" if you will....

Stay tuned for more clues and remember your allowed 1 guess per calender day, so don't be bashful! Take advantage of each day to narrow down the possibilities! The ending date for this contest is Thursday Febuary 2nd

You obviously were the first choice actor for Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, but had to turn it down because the action wasn't hot enough for you. I'll be taking my prize now. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

You obviously were the first choice actor for Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, but had to turn it down because the action wasn't hot enough for you. I'll be taking my prize now. ;)

Damn your good!! While that is true, it was not my career path of choice thus, it was not the answer I was looking for.... Sorry, you'll have to keep playing :)

On that note....

TODAY'S HINT IS.....This profession requires a # of years of shcooling/education....

NOTE:
The hints will become less general and more narrow as time goes on..... can't make it too easy right off the bat now can I?

And onto todays post!!

I call this one "The Queen"

Well for now, this is Klyde Chroma saying, be well, be safe, and happy guessing!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »

you were a PRIEST
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »

I call that one, "Bent, Burnt and Broken".... the title is so much more poetic than the ugly-as-sin-piece isn't it? LoL.... to be honest, I consider this one a failure of sorts..... I really don't like how it came out but far be it from me...... People like em... People buy em.... so apparently my opinion doesn't mean jack even when it comes to my own art....

.... Anyhow onto today's hint!......You can start your education in this field much earlier than most conventional job training/schooling.... additionally, the length of time it takes to become qualified to work varies tremendously

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »

That's the way it often goes with art, Klyde.  I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever, but I like it.  So I fall somewhere in the middle. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »

a tradesman! (plumber, electrician, erc)
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

That's the way it often goes with art, Klyde.  I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever, but I like it.  So I fall somewhere in the middle. :)

Right you are my man! No tellin what people are gonna like, much less spend their hard earned buck on....

Anyhoo....

I have fallen behind with hints... been VERY busy the last few days.... so in light of that I'm gonna double up on the hints as time is winding down....

TODAYS HINTS!

1. This profession would more then likely be considered by most to be more far more physically demanding than most jobs....

2. For a period of time, this particular practice was not only outlawed but severely punishable.

Ohhhhh boy guys, now the hints are getting more narrow! GET GUESSING!!! Time is slipping away!!!!!

No creation to post today I'm afraid..... well there is creations.... just no photos yet.... stay tuned for more visual madness to come!!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »

a tradesman! (plumber, electrician, erc)

Excellent guess!! But nope... fraid not.... I will allow you one more guess for this calender day because you posted that at the same time I was posting today's hints, and didn't get a chance to see them.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

Well, on account of me completely sucking at keeping up with hints, I am removed the time-frame restriction and just going to continue dropping clues until someone figures it out.....

Today's hint

This practice, while it can be done professionally, is more commonly done for recreation or hobby....

And now onto today's post

And yes, that is a small keychain-replica of Tidus' sword you see featured in the one miniatures arm... well if you can call it an arm that is.....

These two are titled "Clock-Monk" and "Time- Barbarian"

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »

I'm inclined to think it is the world's oldest profession.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: