Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329712 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Name a Game that... Remake/Reboot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Name a Game that... Remake/Reboot  (Read 961 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »

1. Name a game that you want to be remade/rebooted.

2. Name a game that you're sure it will get remade/rebooted within the next 10 years.

3. Name a game that you think had potential but didn't use it and you'd want to remake it yourself.

4. Name a genre that you think needs to be rebooted completely.

---

1. System Shock 2
The game itself is already great. All it needs is modern hardware support and awesome 3D graphics. A reboot would also be fine if it's done a la DX:HR.

2. Final Fantasy 7
We all know it's coming sooner or later. It would probably be on a handheld.

3. The Last Remnant
This game had so much potential that it's sad to see how simplified the whole strategic aspect was. Putting actual tactics, troops management and giving the player more control over the recruited characters' path/weapons would have made this game incredible.

4. Space fighter simulators
What happened to those games? I loved Terminal Velocity, Privateer, Freespace, Freespace 2 and even those 2 microsoft ones were descent. Then, it seems the genre just died completely.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:39:10 PM by Annubis » Logged
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 05:52:55 PM »

1. Illusion of Gaia
I just discovered this game recently, and I liked it a lot. I'd like a remake so more people would enjoy it, plus I wouldn't mind a graphical overhaul " la" FFIVComplete!

2. The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask
I'd be surprised if they didn't remake this one for the 3DS eventually.

3. Phantasmagoria
I still think this game is awesome, but the puzzles are few and easy, and they could have done much more with the storyline. I guess if we could remake this game with today's technology, adding lenght and interesting puzzles, new locations, as well as a longer storyline (maybe we could gain access to Carno's storyline when we complete Adrienne's? Anyway, I feel this is a great game that still as MUCH potentiel, graphically as well as gameplay-wise.

4. FPS
I remember a time where FPS were deeper, with games like No One Lives Forever and the Jedi Knight series bringing new mechanics while remaining quick and fun. Now it seems we have to choose. It's either mindless shooting or deep mechanics but a slow pace. Starting over would be a great time to find a middle formula again.

I have fury!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »

1: Chrono Trigger. I would love to see it with cel shaded characters instead of sprites, and a full overhaul of the original soundtrack GOD that would be sex.

2: Super Metroid. Idk, other m was a fuckup, prime was cool, but people are lurking out there....whispering 2-D metroid....

3: Infinite Undiscovery. Everything about this game was wrong, but it could have been so right. It should be redone correctly. Better cutscene animations, better voice actors, better plot development, better running.....no twins.

4: Stealth action. Metal gear solid was great, splinter cell was...a little too metal gear for its own good, and syphon filter was awesomeish. What the hell happened, when did stealth action become metal gear rising and metal custcene solid, and splinter cell.....yeah wtf?

TASTY!
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »

1. The first two SMTs... So maybe they could come to America...

2. Pokemon Ruby/ Sapphire. They always do this midway through the generation two after the original versions, and I see no reason not to remake it from a money perspective.

3. The LEgend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Fix some of the later story's pacing, add in new puzzles that use older items, and have a bunch of new enemies in the overworld that appear over time so it doesn't feel so empty.

4. CRPG. It seems to me that CRPGs have just become WRPGs. I'd like to separate them again.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

-----
But seriously,

1. Wild ARMS 2nd ignition
2. Wild ARMS 2nd ignition
4. SWRPG (Spaghetti-Western RPG)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »

Sure, I'll play.  

1) Panzer Dragoon Saga.  Although with PDS, the only thing I'd want in a remake is upgraded graphics.  Leave everything else (gameplay, music, voices in both Japanese and Panzer) as is.  No English dub!  PDS is still probably the best RPG I never played.  The only reason I know as much about it as I do is through people at RPGFan.  The game originally had a low print run and was on a not-so-popular console, so I think it justifies a remake more than, say, FF4 that's been getting remade to death.  Enough already!  

2) This one's tough, actually.  I'd just love to see more 2D sidescrolling action platformers, like EmberWind.  Sure, we have the Mario games on Wii, but something like EmberWind that's closer to Ghouls 'n Ghosts would be cool.  Either that, or good ol' fashioned beat 'em ups like Streets of Rage. 

3) Thousand Arms.  What I'd want to change is in my review, but tl;dr- expand the story (particularly the backstory) because disk 2 ran out of steam, revamp the battle system into a straight turn-based one, and retool the dating sim sequences so they don't seem disjointed in places.  http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/thousandarms/Thousand_Arms-6.html

4) Like everyone else, I think JRPGs are losing sight of what made them appealing to us in the first place.  Games like Radiant Historia and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky gives me hope that the genre will come back to the fundamentals and kick ass on the strength of good writing, storylines, and characters rather than tired cliches and overly gimmicky gameplay systems.  If you were to see Panzer Dragoon Saga now, it would still potentially be the freshest, sexiest JRPG on the block despite being over 10 years old.  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:33:44 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 04:42:29 AM »

nvm.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:55:00 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »

2. Name a game that you're sure it will get remade/rebooted within the next 10 years.

3. Name a game that you think had potential but didn't use it and you'd want to remake it yourself.

1 - Colony Wars. The time is ripe for it
2 - The original Metal Gear. Kojima will probably remake it to make it like the other MG games
3 - Tsugunai Atonement. Good ideas but the battle system was kind of tedious and it was graphically ugly, even for a PS2 game. That or Shadow of Destiny for the same reasons
4 - FPS. They're just too generic now.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

1. Final Fantasy XII: I kind of just want the game with trophies so I have more incentive to replay it, though in all honesty I don't really need any more incentive, but hell it wouldn't hurt.

2. Final Fantasy IV: Square will never stop remaking this game. NEVER

3. Final Fantasy XIII: Rebalance the battle system, fix the stupid structure of the game so it's actually all rpg, and not half linear action game, and give it a coherent story oh, and replace Hope with Lebreau, and you'll have the game I wanted it to be.

4. Platformers: used to love them now not so much maybe if they did things differently id like them again.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 04:08:04 AM »

1 - Colony Wars. The time is ripe for it
2 - The original Metal Gear. Kojima will probably remake it to make it like the other MG games
3 - Tsugunai Atonement. Good ideas but the battle system was kind of tedious and it was graphically ugly, even for a PS2 game. That or Shadow of Destiny for the same reasons
4 - FPS. They're just too generic now.

MY god Colony Wars was an amazing series. Fit right in with everything I love. You're a poster after my own heart
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »

1. Terranigma - Something about this game was magic.

2. FFVII - Only a matter of time before they need a surge of cash that only the goose that lays the golden eggs can provide.

3. Spore - So much potential, such a dull game.

4. Point and Click Adventures
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:05:26 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

1. Name a game that you want to be remade/rebooted. Panzer Dragoon Saga

2. Name a game that you're sure it will get remade/rebooted within the next 10 years. Halo 2

3. Name a game that you think had potential but didn't use it and you'd want to remake it yourself.Alpha Protocol,great ideas just had a few things missing

4. Name a genre that you think needs to be rebooted completely.FPS.Lately the genre has become too complacent.It hasn't improved in 5 years now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: