Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 06:00:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327206 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Just when we thought it safe to play on psn....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Just when we thought it safe to play on psn....  (Read 1590 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »

You know what's sad? It's pretty much guaranteed that people who don't have money to waste will still buy games. Piracy seems to be something people with money do. I mean, who do you see get hit with copyright lawsuits? Not the broke kid who just saved up for 4 years to buy a ps3, but the college student with 4 harddrives woth of downloaded music and movies, whose parents are in their huge living room shocked to see their perfect child who went to good schools and got everything he wanted in life could do something so horrific. Piracy is a crime for people with cash. I'll stick to working for my desired items in life.

TASTY!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

I think ease and speed of purchase is a BIG one. I've always felt that the number 1 cause of piracy is ease of purchase. It used to be far easier and faster to pirate an album than to find it and order it. I think iTunes and Amazon download have put a huge dent in music piracy just by virtue of being quick and painless. Once game download gets to that point, I think we'll see a definite drop in piracy.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 04:45:23 AM »

Once game download gets to that point, I think we'll see a definite drop in piracy.

*cough*

Though people will still pirate because they're being cheap, not to mention the less "lost purchase" reasons like crazy hoarders.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:47:28 AM by Eusis » Logged
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »

I have to say that Steam is a really bad thing for ME. I go on there, see a game on super sale and buy it without even thinking. I bought Bastion and SuperMeat boy on Steam for super cheap despite the fact I own them both on XBL.

Pure evil.

Ease of purchase is an understatement.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »

SOPA would destroy the internet as the nexus of free information that we know it to be. This would be a bad thing. Here's a video which explains how the big companies supporting SOPA are the ones who got us into this mess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=player_embedded

Yes, this guy is really annoying. He's also right.

There's also a lot of flimsy logic in this thread regarding sales and piracy. Piracy does not translate into a lost sale. I can't speak to how it affects video games, but I can discuss how it affects music. The reality is that 95% of artists on major labels come out owing their record company about $10,000 regardless of whether or not you purchased their albums or stole them. This was true pre-Napster and is still true today. This isn't because of piracy, but because of the industry's business model, which has been in use since the 1920s.

The music industry is more alive today than ever, it's the record industry that's on life support.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:03:30 AM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »

just a generic Q about playin' shit on PSN.

Do you need playstation plus to enable in game voice chat? Is there in game chat ?
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

just a generic Q about playin' shit on PSN.

Do you need playstation plus to enable in game voice chat? Is there in game chat ?

Both of you have to be playing the same game (and it has to support voice chat) otherwise you are stuck with the shitty text chatrooms which don't need psn plus

On SOPA, i think it would work in companies favors if they'd stop treating consumers like statistics instead of treating us like well people. The whole fact that this bill exists does nothing more than hammer this point home harder. Many business only care about our money and nothing else.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: