Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread  (Read 11536 times)
DanSensei

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2014, 04:25:59 AM »

Just finished listening to the new episode. Really great and makes me wanna try Grinsia, even though that song kinda steals the Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time at 0:12. It really does sound a lot like Chrono Trigger. I love when games have retro style soundtracks like this. In fact, I'm working on a game like that now, with a soundtrack done by me, but real life is being really horrible, bring up one problem after another. I hope I can solve them all soon and get back to this game.

Of course when I complete it, I have to find someone to make graphics so the whole thing is NES styled ;)

Anyway, I was kind of hoping to see Hometown from FF5 on there, since that's probably my favorite hometown track. Maybe too predictable though. If I was going obscure, probably Love Shining Inside from the Saturn version of Legend of Heroes: White Witch. They redid the game in a total anime style with FMVs and everything, likely trying to cash in on Lunar's audience, and even though it didn't get any of its sequels remade in the same style, that version is an underrated gem that's well worth checking out, especially if your experience with that game consists of the PSP port.

Really good call on Shining Force 2, though! That's still my favorite SRPG ever made, and the music is amazing!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

Great episode!  Here's some of my favorite town music that wasn't already in the show:

Your Affection (Never More album version) - Persona 4
Boy Meets Girl (Twoson music) - Earthbound
Wonder Castle (Holt Village music) - Disgaea 2

Your Affection (every version) is amazing, and it has almost made it into the show a few times. Good call. I like those other two tracks, too! I'm not normally into Disgaea music, but I really like the quirky thing going on in that track. Definitely reminds me of the series, so they definitely have a charateristic 'vibe' in the music, which is definitely  a success.

DanSensei, you're working on a game right now? Making the music for it? I'm fascinated ;)

I do like FF5's soundtrack, too. I'm not super familiar with Legend of Heroes on Saturn, but I found a good JDK band arrangement of that track you mentioned. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiir1c6xeU). Definitely gives me a Lunar vibe.

Yeah, I love SF2. That game sure got me into a lot of things, and is certainly part of the reason I'm here today!

Thanks again to everyone for feedback and for listening! We've got two episodes being scheduled right now, featuring a composer guest! PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

New ep recorded and edited, coming very soon.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: