Author Topic: RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 5th Anniversary Edition  (Read 245724 times)

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 5th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #585 on: July 04, 2016, 08:57:15 AM »
^ damn dude. you could be the g in bfg...

BFD?

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #586 on: July 04, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
No, BFG as in Big Friendly Giant.  It was a book by Roald Dahl that's now a movie.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 04, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »
>Realizes his icon is his face
>Oh.
Look at my avatar photo closely....that isn't a skull she's holding.

TASTY!

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #588 on: July 04, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »
>Oh.

omfg when did you do that. xD
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 04, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
>Oh.

I swear it was you who convinced him to do it... or at least I strongly remember you already commenting on it. It's been like that for at least a year.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 04, 2016, 05:54:36 PM »
It was when we had the new graphics guy. It was the same guy who game him the mario fish eating my penguin >:(

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #591 on: July 04, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »
I can tell that penguin is a good boy
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »
>Oh.

I swear it was you who convinced him to do it... or at least I strongly remember you already commenting on it. It's been like that for at least a year.

And I approve of my choice then as I do now, I say!

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »
Actually, the credit goes to my pal James, though I do recall dice having brought the suggestion to light. Regardless, it is still amazing.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #594 on: July 04, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »
I still think it's cool that we have a pretty attractive populace here at RPGFan.  We crush the whole "basement-dwelling goblin" dork-nerd-geek stereotype from back in the day.  Some us are athletic, have active social lives, hold jobs, date/marry (shocker!), and/or have our own residences... we're, like, normal and stuff.  I'm willing to bet people see us in public, their first impressions wouldn't be "anime/video game/comic book nerd." 

(I still remember the first camping festival I played with Pool of Thorns.  I walked by this one girl and just casually said, "Hey, cool Morrigan tattoo."  And she blurted out, "WHOA!  You know who that is?!?!"  I replied, "Yeah.  DarkStalkers is a fun game.  *sheepishly* I'm more of a Felicia player though."  She was taken aback that this cool rocker guy in a cool band was familiar with anime/video games too.  It took me a LOT of effort to not just completely geek out.  I had to stay collected, only geek out a little bit, and think more long the lines of "Alright... let's party.")
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »
I still think it's cool that we have a pretty attractive populace here at RPGFan.  We crush the whole "basement-dwelling goblin" dork-nerd-geek stereotype from back in the day.  Some us are athletic, have active social lives, hold jobs, date/marry (shocker!), and/or have our own residences... we're, like, normal and stuff.  I'm willing to bet people see us in public, their first impressions wouldn't be "anime/video game/comic book nerd." 

(I still remember the first camping festival I played with Pool of Thorns.  I walked by this one girl and just casually said, "Hey, cool Morrigan tattoo."  And she blurted out, "WHOA!  You know who that is?!?!"  I replied, "Yeah.  DarkStalkers is a fun game.  *sheepishly* I'm more of a Felicia player though."  She was taken aback that this cool rocker guy in a cool band was familiar with anime/video games too.  It took me a LOT of effort to not just completely geek out.  I had to stay collected, only geek out a little bit, and think more long the lines of "Alright... let's party.")
...I'm pretty sure the first thing people say when they see me is "HOLY SHIT THAT IS ONE BIG MOTHERFUCKER" followed by "I wonder if all his hair is that color..."

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »
D- have you ever done any amateur weightlifting type competitions? 

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 04, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
Not yet. I'm trying to get up to 500 pounds on the bench OR drop down below 300lbs before I try. Everyone tells me if I drop weight I'll lose strength, so I'm figuring if I can build up the strength first, I'll lose less when I try to cut back the weight.

TASTY!

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 05, 2016, 12:23:54 AM »
...date/marry (shocker!)

..we be...desired?!  I must hoist myself from family domicile to the outdoors, pronto.

Silliness aside, I was honestly weirdly thrilled at E3 and seeing "online people come to life".  You've all been in a written-word to me for so long.

...I'm pretty sure the first thing people say when they see me is "HOLY SHIT THAT IS ONE BIG MOTHERFUCKER" followed by "I wonder if all his hair is that color..."

RPGFan's own Dogi (Ys).

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #599 on: July 05, 2016, 06:43:29 AM »
Not yet. I'm trying to get up to 500 pounds on the bench OR drop down below 300lbs before I try. Everyone tells me if I drop weight I'll lose strength, so I'm figuring if I can build up the strength first, I'll lose less when I try to cut back the weight.

Gotcha.  I only mention that because you're at your best when you're lifting and getting in touch with a community of like-minded individuals is always good.  I've improved a lot as a cyclist through my cycling club, I love meeting like-minded people through event rides (increasing my connections with the cycling community at large), and I've met amazing people.  I figure it has to be kinda like that in powerlifting community.

Silliness aside, I was honestly weirdly thrilled at E3 and seeing "online people come to life".  You've all been in a written-word to me for so long.

I felt the same way both when I went to E3 2012 and in meeting RPGFanners in general.  Heck, I even attended one former staff member's wedding.  The staff who attended E3 2012 with me saw enough of my shenanigans that they could probably blackmail me with them.  I've mellowed out a bit since then, I promise.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:57:35 AM by Dincrest »