Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Kingdom Hearts series plot, summed up in one Google Doc
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Kingdom Hearts series plot, summed up in one Google Doc  (Read 4355 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »

KH has a story?
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »

God KH is an overwrought piece of dickshit.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 04:07:29 AM »

I like the first game. But then I got bombarded with:

-Clones
-Memories being moved around at ease
-At least three people who were Sora in some way. Hell, maybe I'M Sora for all I know.
-The heartless were fine. Then we got nobodies, and unversed, and these dream thingies
-The heartless invaded a... database... wut.
-Ven put his heart in Sora so Roxas looks like Ven but he isn't Ven and my brain is leaking out of my hearing holes.
-Oh good, we defeated his heartless. Oh shit, his nobody is still alive. Oh good, we defeated that too... what the hell do you mean that restored him completely? FFFUUUHHHH--
-The beach between light and dark? Is it... metaphorical?
-Body takeover
-The journal is... alive
-The journal just got... digitized?
-You know what, just screw Coded. That's what ultimately killed this series for me. Let's play an entire game to figure out something I already know.
-Seriously, any time they involved computers, I just shook my head.

I still enjoy the combat, to be honest, but god, the story, and all the convoluted crap in it. The charm this series started with almost ten years ago is lost to me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:32:21 PM by Nel » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »

I think you hit the nail on the head - I still enjoy the combat, but the story is just too weird, and has lost all appeal as a result.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »

I think what's really baffling is how juvenile products like these affect people over the age of 25. We're way, way too entertained by bright, shiny colours and childlike innocence.

Buncha pedophiles.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »

For me, the draw of the games has always just been the novelty of running around familiar Disney worlds. That and the gameplay is pretty solid. I've never cared the least bit about the story- takes itself way too seriously for its own good.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

For me, the draw of the games has always just been the novelty of running around familiar Disney worlds. That and the gameplay is pretty solid. I've never cared the least bit about the story- takes itself way too seriously for its own good.

Yeah, I hate the melodrama of the end game parts, they DO take themselves to seriously.  But it is wonderful to walk in a Disney setting.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:50 PM »

Much of this thread has mentioned why I never got into Kingdom Hearts. The combat is fun, sure, and I enjoy some of the Disney worlds I see in screens. But the KH original characters and story don't appeal to me whatsoever. Always sounded like a bunch of convoluted bullshit after KH1.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

Yeah, I hate the melodrama of the end game parts, they DO take themselves to seriously.  But it is wonderful to walk in a Disney setting.

Until you had to swim anywhere. Or jump on hippos in a box.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »

If I can ignore the fact I'm controlling a very weird pre-teenager who got a growth spurt in a year, I'll be fine. I'd rather control Roxas.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »

I think what's really baffling is how juvenile products like these affect people over the age of 25. We're way, way too entertained by bright, shiny colours and childlike innocence.

Buncha pedophiles.

I know this was (probably) a joke, but consider how older the series is. Many people may well have gotten in at 15 and are now 25; you'd even have plenty of 10 year olds who are 20 now if 15 seems too high for you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: