Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 04:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332767 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Lunar 2 Eternal Blue  (Read 3331 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »

It's been a while since I completed this game. For some reason I was trying to remember why I liked it so much and couldn't remember the story at all. What was this game about again? lol spoilers are welcome because I completed it already. Thanks
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »

Some wet-behind-the-ears hero and a naked blue woman go off to save the world from a villain who wasn't beaten hard enough the first time, and are joined by a ragtag motley crew, that parallels Lunar SSS's cast, as they meddle in each other's problems.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:41:43 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »

Some wet-blanket hero treasure-fucker and a naked blue woman go off to save the world from a villain who wasn't beaten hard enough the first time, and are joined by a ragtag motley crew, that parallels Lunar SSS's cast, as they meddle in each other's problems.

EDIT: HUNTER...treasure hunter! right.
That may very well be the best description of lunar 2 made in a negative fashion that I've ever heard that was in fact....completely accurate. Wow dice, no lunar love?

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »

Meh.

6-7/10.  Too "classic" for my tastes (you may notice I post in real-time combat threads more).  I did dig it when I played.  But, like the TC, I couldn't tell you plot deets for the life of me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:51:50 AM by Dice » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »

Idk, lunar 2 had its moments, like blue dragon master outsourcing children to countries as killing machines. The one big thing I enjoyed was Leo and his awesome commentary in battle. Nothing like popping a healing nut only to have the good sir Leo shout "Sample My Goods!". I enjoyed my lunar 2 experience, but then again I am a sucker for a good rpg damsel in distress type story.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »

I do remember enjoying the character back stories quite a bit, and yeah, usually the show knows how to throw a good twist or two in.  But even when I did play this as a kid (I think I was 12/13 at the time), I found being a "dragonmaster" was so kiddish and "pokemon-y", haha

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

Might want to play the Sega CD version, it's way better than the remake.

Also much more difficult, with a larger world map.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »

I'm not into turn-based games anymore, but back when I played these on my Sega CD, I loved both games to death. 9/10 easy at the time. I'd be a bit more harsh now. Maybe 7 for Silver Star and 8 for Eternal Blue. Ghaleon was the most memorable of all the characters. I don't remember much about the stories, but my memory sucks in general. Great music, though.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »

Dice's incredibly negative story review is sadly accurate. Lunar 2 was one of my first RPGs and at the time when I played it, which was when it originally came out on Sega CD, it was practically a religious experience. Plus I had the entire VO from the Borgan fight memorized for years because fuck Borgan, that's why. It's been an incredible amount of time since I've played it though so I can't really run down the storyline. Turns out Ruby is a dragon and not actually a flying cat.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »

Nall from TSS/SSSC also returned, and yeah, the music is god-tier, especially the Sega CD version.

Look up 'Blessed Town' on youtube, and compare the two versions. (I uploaded the SCD one.)

Lemina was my favorite character, and I also think the Hiro/Lucia coupling is one of the few that actually works. The pre-epilogue event still gets me.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »

Lunar: SSSC was incredible. EBC? Meh.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

Given the first game had the completely white-guy name, "Alex", I wonder if naming the hero "Hiro" was them being punny.... x(

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:35:49 PM »

I loved Silver Star, but never really liked Eternal Blue
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »

I do this every time Lunar comes up, but-

Sega CD vets, show of hands?

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »

I am a freakin' HUGE fan of Lunar... I even imported Magic School way back in the day...

Anyhow, I gotta disagree with mosts sentiment about Eternal Blue.... I thought the story, while admittingly somewhat simple and predictable, built upon the foundation layed in Silver Star beautifully.... Now I can see where if you didn't experience or appreciate Silver Star than Eternal Blue's story may fall a bit flat....

I've played through both the Sega CD and the PSX versions of the two titles, and while I maybe alone on this one too, I enjoyed the PSX versions more.... Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but the difficulty of some of the Sega CD Eternal Blue bosses was downright stupid....

Maybe by today's standards Lunar is classic-rpg gaming mediocrity, but when they came out on the Sega Cd ages ago it was groundbreaking... I mean we are talking about voice acting and Anime/fmv that predated FF7!!

Also might I add, the soundtracks to those games were amazing too... Especially the opening theme to the original Silver Star....

...but then again what the hell do I know... I also love the Altar Code F remake of wild arms and think that the "Return to Oz" was way better than the "Wizard".... clearly my tastes place me in the minority group........ while I'm on that point I also think Breath of Fire 2 was waaaay better than any other in the series..... I think Final Fantasy VI trumped VII, hands down... I actually didn't care that much for SMT Nocturne..... So I guess if none of those preferences sound anything like your own maybe you should ignore my love of lunar.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: