Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331356 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Lunar 2 Eternal Blue  (Read 3308 times)
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

Dice's incredibly negative story review is sadly accurate. Lunar 2 was one of my first RPGs and at the time when I played it, which was when it originally came out on Sega CD, it was practically a religious experience. Plus I had the entire VO from the Borgan fight memorized for years because fuck Borgan, that's why. It's been an incredible amount of time since I've played it though so I can't really run down the storyline. Turns out Ruby is a dragon and not actually a flying cat.

Bad memory from the original gravity bomb?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »

I do this every time Lunar comes up, but-

Sega CD vets, show of hands?

I had a Mega CD, but living in Europe meant no Lunar for me until I got a modded PS1 and imported the US versions. I loved the PS1 games (I preferred EB), but SSSC in particular was marred by some the lowest quality midi on the Playstation, even though the compositions were good.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

Played it emulated on a PC way back when, before I had any consoles. Unfortunately, somewhere during there I broke up with my girlfriend at the time, and in a fit of rage, deleted my save file about halfway through the epilogue, so I don't know what actually happens at the end.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »

I do this every time Lunar comes up, but-

Sega CD vets, show of hands?
*raises hand* I still have the Sega CD version of Silver Star in mint condition. My Sega CD, however died a long time ago
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »

the music is god-tier, especially the Sega CD version.

Look up 'Blessed Town' on youtube, and compare the two versions. (I uploaded the SCD one.)

Have to jump in here... the Sega Saturn version beats both for that song.  In fact, that goes for a good majority of the songs.  A complete soundtrack was never released, but my game rips are up to the task:

http://synbios.net/site/2010/03/04/lunar-2-eternal-blue-sega-saturn-gamerip/
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »

I'm actually doing a Let's Play of the Sega CD version now on youtube. I can post a link if you're interested. I'm not hyper far yet.

The Sega CD version is better for puzzles and challenges. I spent forever in the Mystic Ruins just going through teleporter puzzles. Neh.

Also I should totally be meh at Dice's review, but she made me laugh pretty hard at it's accuracy, so props!

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »

I really like Eternal Blue, but I FREAKING love Silver Star!!! I wish to God the story would somehow be continued on a modern console.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:26:34 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

Parn, thanks for the link, been trying to find that boss battle theme for awhile, love that song.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Eternal Blue had one of the best epilogues in a video game i thought.

EDIT*

One of my favorite memories from Eternal Blue was when Hiro fought Ghaleon at the end of the first disc (or the beginning of the second) and the music triggered. I just sat there with my hands up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:23:58 PM by Uru » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »

Parn, thanks for the link, been trying to find that boss battle theme for awhile, love that song.

No problem.  My shit website occasionally has its uses.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »

I'm actually doing a Let's Play of the Sega CD version now on youtube. I can post a link if you're interested. I'm not hyper far yet.

The Sega CD version is better for puzzles and challenges. I spent forever in the Mystic Ruins just going through teleporter puzzles. Neh.

Also I should totally be meh at Dice's review, but she made me laugh pretty hard at it's accuracy, so props!

post the linkavich.

I'll check it out
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:40 AM »

the music is god-tier, especially the Sega CD version.

Look up 'Blessed Town' on youtube, and compare the two versions. (I uploaded the SCD one.)

Have to jump in here... the Sega Saturn version beats both for that song.  In fact, that goes for a good majority of the songs.  A complete soundtrack was never released, but my game rips are up to the task:

http://synbios.net/site/2010/03/04/lunar-2-eternal-blue-sega-saturn-gamerip/

Intriguing. I always wish we'd gotten the Saturn version. I'll have to mention this for my forthcoming Lunar article @ HG101. (Been putting it off for a while, finally getting it underway.)

Wow. I am indeed impressed. I prefer the raw instrumentation of the Sega CD version, but that's still a lot better than the PS1 OST.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:38:04 AM by cj_iwakura » Logged

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:41 AM »

post the linkavich.

I'll check it out

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LuccaRPG

Keep in mind I'm a little person so my voice is naturally really high pitched. People either love it or want to beat me with a hammer. Don't tell anyone, though. I love the confusion it causes. ;)

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 02:08:02 AM »

post the linkavich.

I'll check it out

Here:

Keep in mind I'm a little person so my voice is naturally really high pitched. People either love it or want to beat me with a hammer. Don't tell anyone, though. I love the confusion it causes. ;)

...are you Lemina?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »

post the linkavich.

I'll check it out

Here:

...are you Lemina?

Nahaha. I'm mega bad at saying goodbye like this!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: