Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332825 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bloodlust (Indie Action-Style Vampire RPG)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bloodlust (Indie Action-Style Vampire RPG)  (Read 600 times)
billy7777

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »

Hello,

(I read the forum rules so I guess it's ok to post an announcement for my new Indie game, Bloodlust... so here it goes...)

Bloodlust is an Action-Style 3D Vampire Role-Playing Game for Windows.

You can check out some screenshots, video and even download a playable Demo from the official website here:
http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/bloodlust

If you have any suggstions, comments or questions... feel free to contact me. Always looking for feedback.

Thanks
Bill
(Developer)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »

Cool stuff.  I can't really comment much on the demo itself since I have a stone age computer that doesn't have the specs to run it, but it looks like a smooth and fun action RPG.  I'm also pretty happy to see that the badass apex predator type vampire in a gritty setting isn't lost in this glitter-vomit era of Twilight style "un-pires."  Kinda makes me think og Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines; a game I never got around to playing.  I tried Vampire: The Masquerade- Redemption, but I didn't think it was that great.  

It's also nice to see indie developers creating their own engines rather than fall back on RPG Maker or Ren'Py.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good RPGM or Ren'Py game, but there are just so damn many of them now they're all starting to "taste like chicken" to me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:09:50 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »

Looks pretty cool. Definitely going to keep my eye on it.

Have you ever played Vampire: The Masquerade? I loved that and it's about the only good vampire game I've ever played.

billy7777

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:18 PM »

Thank you for taking a look.

Yes, you probably need some sort of a 3D card installed (However I have tested using a GForce 210 - About $40 dollar graphics card and it works good enough - so you don't need anything too fancy to play)

Several people have made the comparison with Bloodlines. The demo takes place in the "Ruins" which is why some people are probably comparing it to Redemption - however some of the game will also take place in the city streets of new orleans too.

Let me know if anyone gets a chance to play the demo. Interested in hearing any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:45:34 PM by billy7777 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: