Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 08:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338669 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Worst Final Fantasy game (No online games)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Worst Final Fantasy game (No online games)  (Read 15023 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »

Definitely II for worst ff title. I just hated how much I had to grind to progress. Magic sucked all the time, enemies were annoying, and even though I beat the game, god help me I can't remember any of the plot. I just rememver the 4 guys who died and then got the add on story for the gba version. Maybe it's because I played a first generation game 15 years after it came out but I hated it.

Close runner ups include XIII and XII. XIII is pretty obvious, the only saving grace being the battle system which I kinda enjoyed abusing. Characters were annoying, especially the aussie bitches, and sazh had such a sad story why the hell was he the comic relief? It didn't add up right. Oh yeah, why is pulse the australian outback, and what does squeenix have against australia? XII...everything that was bad about XIII stemmed from this piece of shit. I rank II higher on the hate list only because I didn't enjoy anything about it. XII sucked everywhere, except for the gambit system and fran. She was definitely the greatest pixelated piece of ass on ps2. Scary, but true.

The rest of the ff titles all had good points and some bad points. VII was probably the leaat flawed of them all, and VII the most before being a bad game. Spin-off wise, tactics is king, followed by crystal chronicles, then the others were meh to okay. Worst was definitely without question tactics advance. I hated progressing through it, and those god damn judges could eat my asshole, fucking arresting my characters.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »

In the department of spin-offs how did anyone feel about "Dirge of Cerberus"? I have to tell on myself, I never really gave it a chance...... I know its not fair but I loathe shooters.... I loathe anything that even feels like a shooter.... I played DoC for roughly 20 minutes when it was first released and never looked its way again...... Have I been missing out??

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

Nope, amongst shooters it's not that great of a game.
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »

I played these : III, IV, VI, VIII, IX, X, XIII

So obviously I wont put the others on my list, so from best to worst :

IV, VIII, X, VI, IX, XIII, III

But I still like them all.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »

XII...everything that was bad about XIII stemmed from this piece of shit.

You're going to need to explain this one, because given their opposite approaches to design (large world with story taking a backseat versus a tunnel where story is first and foremost) this doesn't make sense.

As for why FFII was bad: the stat leveling system made it a pain to maintain an actually balanced party... and since enemies ALSO scale it was easy to break the system in your favor, then it snaps back to being broken in the enemy's favor instead. The dungeons are also frequently cruelly designed, with loads of empty rooms that when you enter you SPAWN in the middle of them, then have to walk out and risk getting into an encounter. SaGa made this formula somewhat more forgiving with resetting your HP after battle, but it really just shows that FFII was kind of a rough draft for the SaGa series at large.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:39:45 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »

In the department of spin-offs how did anyone feel about "Dirge of Cerberus"? I have to tell on myself, I never really gave it a chance...... I know its not fair but I loathe shooters.... I loathe anything that even feels like a shooter.... I played DoC for roughly 20 minutes when it was first released and never looked its way again...... Have I been missing out??

Is the most "Nomura game" to date, tell me, is that a good or a bad thing?
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

I can't believe you guys are debating this to be honest.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »

Gameplay wise it's kinda bad except for the part where you're playing as Cait Sith then it's worse (stealth mission in a game barely capable of even being a 3rd person shooter let alone anything else). Story wise Vincent ends up with a 19 year old love interest who's permanently trapped in a 12 year old's body with the memories of that one chick that forked over Vincent's Death Penalty in the original game (and gave birth to Sephy apparently, I guess); the rest doesn't really get any better either so yeah, you're better off doing what everyone else does and pretend that it doesn't exist as even among that terrible compilation DoC sucks ass.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »

Thanks for the insight!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »

I know. Why aren't people hating more on FF8?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »

Enemies didn't scale in FF2...

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »

Thanks for the insight!

You're welcome! I thought endless debate threads were frowned upon around here.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »

Thanks for the insight!

You're welcome! I thought endless debate threads were frowned upon around here.

Admittedly it'd be nice if people civilly discussed why they think certain entries were weak rather than just dogpilling on a few hated games. Even FFII deserves a rationale, at the least to show to others who don't know much about it.

And it didn't have enemy scaling? Then I guess it was a matter of being able to min max yourself into a corner. Or: no, beating yourself up is never a good idea, even if it seems like one.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »

As I said, if you play normally, you quit taking damage from pretty much anything after about the five hour point.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

XII...everything that was bad about XIII stemmed from this piece of shit.

You're going to need to explain this one, because given their opposite approaches to design (large world with story taking a backseat versus a tunnel where story is first and foremost) this doesn't make sense.

Maybe blaming XII for XIII being shit ia a bit extreme, but everything i disliked in XII was there in XIII. Shit characters, bad story, crappy music, and a lack of understanding of what their fans enjoyed in previous games. Course, the real reason I may have disliked XII so much was just because of how much I hated XII.

Btw, the only thing I hated in VIII was the story progression. Squall's devolution to a little bitch from a cool badass sucked, much like Cloud in VII, though Cloud at least did it humorously. I never understood why prople hated VIII so much. Plenty to do, decent characters, easy pick up but no walk in the park for vets (unless you grinded alot), it really was a decent title.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: