Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334774 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan's Games of the Year 2011 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan's Games of the Year 2011 Thread  (Read 2365 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »

I'm the same way Neal, at least for staff who have been here a long time.  Didn't read the others to be honest.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »

I don't play as many rpgs as I used to due to time constraints, but I managed to play a couple mentioned.
Bastion and To The Moon were both wonderful. Great music and stories matter a lot to me, and both of these rocked.
I still don't understand all the love for incredibly difficult(so I have read over and over again) games like Demons Souls. Are that many of you just that awesome at games? Do all the people who laud the greatness of Dark and Demons Souls actually play through the whole thing? To be honest, I just get a feeling of bandwagon jumping with these games. Were "supposed" to like them because their hardcore, and only the elite can beat them. From a non-difficulty standpoint they sound pretty awesome to me. I just wish they had a "you suck at games" setting for guys like me. Or would that defeat the point?

You're not alone on Dark Souls. I struggle horribly with it due to my terrible skill level. Yet, despite that, it is hard not to really appreciate what they accomplished with the game and so I still had it as one of my top RPGs.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

I'll put on my list not only the games released in 2011 but also those old ones I played in 2011.

RPG only list:
1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Okami (How could I forget this one?)
(Huge gap)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There are some I'm still playing like Bastion, Tactics Ogre, To the Moon, Chrono Trigger (yeah, I should've finished it by now), Persona 2, Xenoblade, Professor Layton 4 and Nier. (Also Corpse Party if it counts as an RPG)

Like we all here, although I'm a big RPG fan my favorite game of the year was Portal 2
My biggest let down was 3rd Birthday. What a horrible mess of a game and a missed opportunity to bring the series back.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:37:15 PM by Farron » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: