Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327766 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Megaman X! On iOS.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Megaman X! On iOS.  (Read 2279 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »

Gameplay Trailer

Holy fuckme lolfail

Dat bland Times New Roman text
Dat horrible frame rate
Dat misuse of music/sound effects
Dat DLC

I can forgive the screen-scrolling and the dorky high-res sprites, but wow, way to ruin a classic game, Capcom.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »

DLC? For Mega Man X?

"Full Armor $1.99"

Jesus Christ Capcom, Jesus Christ.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »

i like how in the story intro it says its 20XX instead of 21XX

they cant even remember basic plot details for one of their own series thats been running for 25 years

i take it back, this is a work of genius

probably one of the best trolls ever performed
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »

You missed the part about having the user interface taking up screen real estate.

Also the airship they couldn't fit in the sequence with the airship.
And also that they couldn't bother to switch tracks from the one that plays when Zero rescues you to the one where Zero talks to you.
And also the screen transitions all over the fucking place.
And also that most of the pitfalls have been covered up in an effort to make the game more OSHA compliant.
And also the meaningless 'cheeves.
And also the everything being under one hell of a dumb filter.

iPhone gaming still has a long way to go before it can effectively reach SuperNES level technology.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

iPhone gaming still has a long way to go before it can effectively reach SuperNES level technology.

Given the iOS is home to stuff like Infinity Blade and 2D stuff like Machinarium, it's less that it has a long way to go and more that Capcom fucking sucks.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:26:49 PM »

That looks very, very unplayable.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »

You missed the part

Trust me, I could go on for pages and pages on what's wrong with this...thing.

The crappiness of the sprite art is ultimately subjective, the UI taking up that much space is inevitable when you make a game like this on the iOS. I'll ignore these things. I'll even buy that maybe the screen transitions are important to making the game easier with such an awkward control scheme (though the better choice would've been to not release a game like this on the iOS at all). The achievements are stupid but have no negative effect on the game.

But I can't forgive blatantly lazy things like few animation frames (Even ignoring X's shitty number of animations, look at the way the Crushers move- they compulsively face toward the screen and apparently see X through their robot psychic powers), using the music inappropriately, and blatantly using the shittiest bland default text possible and make a continuity error along the lines of saying Onimusha takes place in the middle of the Meiji Restoration. Holy phoning it in, batman.

The "lol play the game for you" DLC just adds insult to injury.

EDIT: Oh yeah I'd give the game credit for having good character art for the boss select screen and whatnot, but that stuff is ganked from MH:X so basically anything that was made specifically for this remake was crapola.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:28:38 AM by Hathen » Logged
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »

DLC? For Mega Man X?

"Full Armor $1.99"

Jesus Christ Capcom, Jesus Christ.

Wait aren't most iOS games like 10 or less, and they expect you to pay two for something you can unlock just by playing the game btw there's an EASY MODE if there's an easy mode wouldnt it make sense just to play that instead of playing it on hard and paying actual money for powerups! /facepalm

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

The crappiness of the sprite art is ultimately subjective,

EDIT: Oh yeah I'd give the game credit for having good character art for the boss select screen and whatnot, but that stuff is ganked from MH:X so basically anything that was made specifically for this remake was crapola.

Except that it really isn't since it's literally the original sprites (save for the boss select screen which as you said was swiped from MHX instead) slapped with a terrible high res filter with outlines drawn around everything to make it look a little less blatantly phoned in. And then they dropped frames and stuck screen transitions all over the place to lower sprite counts.

Basically this thing amuses me because it's exactly what I figured it was going to be the moment I learned of its existence. Crapcom just makes hating them all too easy. They're lucky as fuck that they managed to invoke a fighting game resurgence because without it all they'd have would be Resident Evil (which they're constantly running into the ground) and a few other miscellaneous titles.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »

I'm amazed people are batting eyelids at this. Capcom's been a boycott-for-life company somewhere between dumping off the Breath of Fire series and fan base trolling Megaman fans with the Legends debacle. There's not a game they can make that'll justify keeping them in business any longer than necessary.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »

I'm amazed people are batting eyelids at this. Capcom's been a boycott-for-life company somewhere between dumping off the Breath of Fire series and fan base trolling Megaman fans with the Legends debacle. There's not a game they can make that'll justify keeping them in business any longer than necessary.

They still have Monster Hunter games. Those are consistently great... and they sell millions.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »

Mine's a more simple "if you stop making games I care about then I'll stop buying games from you." Problem for Capcom is that as of right know they only have Resident Evil Revelations and MAYBE Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma as games I want to play, and we don't even have word on future MH localizations anyway.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »

They still have Monster Hunter games. Those are consistently great... and they sell millions.

Are they really so great they're worth keeping a company in business that has despicable ethics and treats its customer base like garbage? *shrugs* If the MH games are so good I'm pretty sure someone else would pick up the licensing if Capcom bit the bust.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »

Except if you dug up this kind of crap for every company you'd probably be left with much smaller publishers and Valve. And even then I guess you could make a stink about how they may ban you for considering selling your account (though I think that instance got cleared up?), as much as I hate MML3 being stillborn and AAI2 seemingly passed over for the US I'm more concerned about if they even make games I want. There's some level of willing to compromise at the least in parts of the company, given they back tracked on that stupid DRM for SF3 and SSFIVAE.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:32:13 PM by Eusis » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »

I'd agree except this isn't 'digging up' anything. Digging up something is going undercover at your favorite food place only to discover the guy handling your food doesn't wash his hands every other time he handles it. Capcom's been blatantly spitting in the food, with management watching and doing nothing, for well over a year now.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: