Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327876 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  No wonder you have less than 500 members...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: No wonder you have less than 500 members...  (Read 15237 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 05:14:14 PM »

Honestly dude, Dade pointed out the rules and not a whole lot more. I didn't see anything insulting whatsoever in his post. Regardless, the fact of the matter is you ignored the Board Info and Rules forum which has the subheading, "Read this forum before you post a single word on these boards." Not only did you ignore it, but when you felt insulted, instead of showing everyone here your worth to the community, you turn to insults of your own. You completely undermined any argument you may have had about the members of these forums by doing that. So not only did you ignore the rules, you just made yourself into a hypocrite by turning to your own insults.

I think most of the people here have experiences of being new here which are a whole lot worse than yours. Degolas and Masamune (who I believe is going by some other name these days) had it a lot worse when they were new than you have, but they stuck around and became regular, respected members. Even I had a few initial run-ins with Dade, Dios, and Leyvieur and I like to think of myself as having been a pretty "good" newbie.

But believe me, it is no skin off our back if you don't want to be a member of the community.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 05:32:13 PM »

Quote from: "Crusader"
Good luck with this site, you'll need it.

Thanks, but we prefer our own hard work over your wishes. We are not perfect, but I would dare to say, that we have built a great site for all those interested in RPGs here over the years here.

Besides, as others have already pointed out, reading the rules before posting would have been a good idea. At least better than coming back and insulting the board community and the site's staff.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »

I think this was long overdue.  I can't remember the last time we had a malcontent join up and start crying about a tongue lashing they recieved from another member.  This guy just wants to go out in a blaze of glory. Let the baby have his bottle:P

Btw, I also agree with the number of members issue. less=more.

..Oh, and the member title he has is just a coincidence:\

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 05:48:59 PM »

Fuck me, I forgot to add something in my initial comment.  Consider it rectified:

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 06:49:24 PM »

I drew something for you.

No babies.
I don't do well with you angsty teenagers

We're Angsty? We just told you to read the rules and you started crying.
Honestly, about 5 years ago I did the same thing when I joined, I was told to read the rules and I did. Since then (I think) iv'e made some good input and recieved some aswell, on things like religion, abortion, and life in general, on the whole it's been very interesting. If you can't interact with people, what the hell are you doing on a message board?

When someone calls you out on something you're not suppost to do, don't whine, fix it. If you don't want to be a part of these boards cause people are mean to you, that's fine, leave.

Twat.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »

...eh, such things happen when you become part of a new community.  When you move and start at a new school, you'll have people help you out, but you'll also have others give you shit for walking down the wrong hallway at the wrong time.  

If you think what was said in the introductory thread was mean, bullying, inflammatory, and whatnot then you're getting your underwear tied up in knots over nothing.  

You broke a rule, you were pointed out the rule, someone from the peanut gallery pointed and laughed... and now you get into a hissy fit over it?  Get over yourself.  To me, this is pretty normal for what happens in any community, real life or otherwise.  If you can't take some joshing, ribbing, whatnot, then you need to develop a thicker skin and not let some little intarwebnet thing ruffle your feathers so much.      

We know what flaming is.  There was no flaming.  Suck it up.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »

Ah, yes. I love "trolling" and getting away with it oh so much.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I think most of the people here have experiences of being new here which are a whole lot worse than yours. Degolas...

Yeah, but I really, really deserved it :P

Seriously though, I echo what everyone else has said, you were just asked to read the rules. You got off very, very lightly!

I also agree that it's far better to have a smaller amount of members. I can't stand forums with thousands upon thousands of members. I <3 you guys! Dade, Leyviur, DR, and all the other cranky flaming hilarious people; never change!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

Quote from: "Crusader"

Good luck with this site, you'll need it. And Dade, you give Seattle a bad name, you little fucking bitch.

Signed,
"Napoleon"

Dade > You
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 11:33:42 PM »

Poor baby, don't cry. Here's a picture of Hitler to cheer you up!

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »

I guess I should post something meaningful and relevant to the topic.

I don't think it's working.
LoneVandal
Banninated

LoneVandal LoneVandal
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 12:42:24 AM »

posting itt

http://catsinurstuffdoingthings.ytmnd.com/

wat
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:46 AM »

I like it here because yes, it's a small community, but people are relaxed, and joke around. I've come to get to know many of you here, and you're all great people, from the impression I get from your forum personalities. Also, the RPGFan community introduced me to metal, so you all rock for that too. :P

As for the new person that started this thread, just relax man. Be sure to read the rules carefully, and hey, if you make a mistake, don't get mad when people tell you what you did wrong.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 03:23:47 AM »

Quote from: "LoneVandal"

LMFAO

I watched that for like 10 minutes before I realized that it just kept repeating.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: